Author Topic: Does everyone here know the difference between African and African-American?  (Read 948 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Shit...... I think Africans actually work less than African Americans.  In Africa you have high unemployment, you have an extremely low cost of living, and even in a situation like Sierra Leone where they dig for diamonds, it is not a case of a factory worker digging 14 hours a day without breaks.  They dig some, and chill some, it's not like continuous work with a boss looking over your shoulder (in most cases).

That picture was taken down on 52nd and University?  :-X
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
One spends all thier money on diamonds the other spends all day slaving for diamonds

Shit...... I think Africans actually work less than African Americans.  In Africa you have high unemployment, you have an extremely low cost of living, and even in a situation like Sierra Leone where they dig for diamonds, it is not a case of a factory worker digging 14 hours a day without breaks.  They dig some, and chill some, it's not like continuous work with a boss looking over your shoulder (in most cases).

Like in America most people have a house payment, a car payment, a cell-phone payment, maybe child-care or child-support payment, price of food, and so on you may have at the very least like 1,000 dollars you HAVE to make every month just to keep yourself going.   Whereas, in Africa your home is usually a family home that's been in the family for years, so you aren't making payments monthly; most people don't have cars, cell-phones are just by credit so you just pay to fill your phone with credit whenever you have the money and need to make a call, but you can still receive calls without any money so it's not a necessity.  Then there are plenty of Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, grandparents, neighbors, and so on to watch the kids, the kids just run around free and people don't worry like here.   Then food prices are much lower and food is shared amongst family and neighbors.  

Also, in Africa most people have some kind of family business, or work for themselves in one way or another.  Many aren't making much, but it's more freedom and more leisure than in America where you have all these big corporations that have millions of employees and you have bosses and management and everything is structured and scrutinized; workers are pushed to meet deadlines.

So Africa is a new Utopia huh`?

no, because most people don't want to be chilling all day with no job living at a family home all their lives.  Men want to be providers and you can't be a provider without a job.

I was just pointing out that it's a false stereotypes that blacks in Africa are slaving away working hard all day long in Africa.   
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

bouli77

africans dont like arican americans cuz they see us as failures and ignorant. plus during slavery all the slavemasters raped black women so all blacks have alot of white blood.and then we mixed with the native americans and married and had kids with them so afrian americans are ususally like 60 to 70 % african and the other 30-40% is native americansand white bloos.so thats why w eluk different then africans and alot of us come out light skinned like layzie bone and bizzy bone

that's gross generalization. when I was in the US I made friends with a few Africans who were french-speakers like me and while the older heads were on some scholar shit (and never complained about African-Americans or anything) the young gunz were living the American dream to the fullest. I also had roommates from Ghana, Nigeria and Ethiopia and they both were heavily infatuated with America. There's a sizable Senegalese community in NYC and when you see the young dudes' interviews they're trying hard to imitate African-Americans. Hip-Hop in all its forms has had a huge impact that you don't seem to fathom. The media's glorification of rappers' and black artists' lifestyles caused Africans to identify to African-Americans. So saying "Africans dont like african americans" is not true at all. Also Africa is a very varied continent, you can't compare North Africa with Subsaharan Africa and east africa. But Hip-Hop is an outlet for a lot of impoverished Africans (and people all over the world, btw) and rap is thriving in as varied a country as South Africa, Senegal or Guinea.

Some African-Americans do have a lot of white blood in them for the dreadful reasons you mentioned (like Malcolm X, whose mother was born of a rape, or Thomas Jefferson's alleged illegitimate children). But Bizzy Bone is fair skinned because his mother (not sure) was Italian-American. That's why you got black dudes with freckles (Tray Deee), green or blue eyes, or red hair (like Malcolm X, Redd Foxx),  The same goes for West-Indians (Jamaica, Trinidad & Tobago, French Antilles) , Central-Americans (Costa Rica, Belize, Dominican Republic) and South-Americans (Guiana, Brazil, Colombia, etc.) sometimes for different reasons. Spanish and Portuguese Colonies were more lenient and people tended to mix more easily. (don't ask me, got an A on my African-American history class, LOL)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 08:30:19 PM by bouli77 »

MUHFUKKA

I was just pointing out that it's a false stereotypes that blacks in Africa are slaving away working hard all day long in Africa.   
yeah when youre around theyre getting you to buy them shit

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th

yeah when youre around theyre getting you to buy them shit

Of course, if they are poor then it's on me.  If it's time for dinner, they are eating on me, and that's okay with me.  But my first trip I went there I wasn't staying on my own, and I was treated as a guest staying in other people's homes, and they cleaned and cooked for me and took me around all for free, as their guest.  They even slept out on couches and rearranged furniture to move to other rooms in the house just to give me my own bed/and bedrooms on my first trip.  It's part of Muslim etiquette that exists all over the Muslim world where Muslims live and travel.

So it just depends on what your setup is there.  If you want to be on your own like I was my second and third trip, and if you are hanging with people who don't have much; then there's nothing wrong with doing things for other people.  I spent plenty of money on others my second and third trip; and obviously if they were ripping me off and mistreating me then I why would I have gone back and done the same thing on my third trip, and now looking forward to a fourth trip?  Think logically.

But I promise you if I wanted to I know I could spend a whole month there staying with people as a guest and they would take care of everything for me according to Muslim etiquette's and customs, as was the case on my first trip there in 2007.  
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 07:06:03 AM by Infinite- African West Coastin' 2010 »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
Then food prices are much lower and food is shared amongst family and neighbors.  

Yeah.....Might want to think about over half of Africa that is starving as fuck.  Please try telling Somalians, and Ethiopians that their neighbor will share some cheap food with them....Maybe your tour didn't take you to the real Africa.  Just cause you visited a hut or two and took some pictures with an old ass lion, doesn't qualify you as the boards ambassador to all things Africa.

lol owned
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
Then food prices are much lower and food is shared amongst family and neighbors.  

Yeah.....Might want to think about over half of Africa that is starving as fuck.  Please try telling Somalians, and Ethiopians that their neighbor will share some cheap food with them....Maybe your tour didn't take you to the real Africa.  Just cause you visited a hut or two and took some pictures with an old ass lion, doesn't qualify you as the boards ambassador to all things Africa.

Certainly makes me more qualified than you passing off stereotypes without any real research into the issue and obviously no travels to the region
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

Sikotic™

I was treated as a guest staying in other people's homes, and they cleaned and cooked for me and took me around all for free, as their guest.  They even slept out on couches and rearranged furniture to move to other rooms in the house just to give me my own bed/and bedrooms on my first trip.
See what I mean about Brian trying to be like his white slavemaster ancestors again? Went all the way to Africa to make poor, underfed Africans cook for him, clean for him and make them sleep on couches.

Stop trying to bring back slavery, Brian.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE