Author Topic: 50 Cent Says He Hasn't Heard From Lloyd Banks In Nearly A Year  (Read 967 times)

caffeinefiend

Re: 50 Cent Says He Hasn't Heard From Lloyd Banks In Nearly A Year
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 02:36:03 PM »
50 likes to burn a lot of bridges.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 07:30:40 PM »
Some of you guys gotta go back & listen to "Beg For Mercy" again if you don't agree.

Then Banks', Buck's, Game's debuts?

Everything went platinum right? They were just constantly dropping heat.

Everything went wrong when 50 started beefing with rappers like Kiss & Nas (Fat Joe and Cam'ron could add to the list but those two were the ones who had enough followers and respect to turn 50 from a messiah to a villain of the rap scene.)
Then G-Unit thing kinda became irrelevant to the public when one of their rapper were going hard at them (Game).
I think what ended 50 massappeal was when he had an competition with Kanye. He lost the bet and eventually made a fool of himself. It might have helped 50 sell records in short term but his image as an artist was ruined.  

On point

Jimmy H.

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 10:04:53 PM »
Too bad, G-Unit ain't from the West then we could hear everyone blame their downfall as the result of the Illuminati or industry blackballing.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2012, 06:42:19 PM »
 8) ;D Wowzers :P :-X
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

BlueSwan

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2012, 04:02:34 AM »
I think its pretty obvious what went wrong. The 2003-2005 period was one of total overexposure focusing on one sound and 50's hooks. After that 50's hooks got stale, the hip-hop sound moved on and G Unit became irrelevant.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2012, 05:23:56 AM »
I think its pretty obvious what went wrong. The 2003-2005 period was one of total overexposure focusing on one sound and 50's hooks. After that 50's hooks got stale, the hip-hop sound moved on and G Unit became irrelevant.

The hiphop sound "moves on" all the time. Yet shitty postmortem Pac albums sold throughout 2007, Eminem still has albums that are among the best-selling in the genre, Jay-Z still puts out albums that go #1 in the first week, etc
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Sccit

« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2012, 11:39:01 AM »

The hiphop sound "moves on" all the time. Yet shitty postmortem Pac albums sold throughout 2007, Eminem still has albums that are among the best-selling in the genre, Jay-Z still puts out albums that go #1 in the first week, etc

eminem and jay-z constantly re-invent themselves and come with new sounds...50 is yet to do this. he still makes songs like he was makin in 2002.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »
The unit is dead and good riddance. Just a couple half ass rappers riding on 50's coattails.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2012, 04:00:32 AM »
over saturation the mainstream eventually get bored and its down hill from there.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Game-Won

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2012, 05:36:28 AM »
300 bars happend to them.

50 had a good run tho, jay z, nas, kiss, fat joe, Murder inc - but game fuckin killed them, they didnt respond prober and people took games side.

I still bumb some 50 songs tho - I whoop ya head boy, riddin thru the hood, and so on..

Man the G-Unit album was overrated - some of the cornyst lyrics of all time is on there. - Banks used to be the king of punch lines wtf happend to the kid to lose that talent tho..

-JL
"I have nothing in common with lazy people who blame others for their lack of success. Great things come from hard work and perseverance. No excuses."
- Kobe

doggfather

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 06:25:25 AM »

Man the G-Unit album was overrated

so the ather albums from the crew...
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

E Dub

• 'G'
  • Straight Westcoast
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 01:18:38 PM »
Game happened to them.

DJ SUGAFREE QUIK

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 02:14:19 PM »
300 bars happend to them.

50 had a good run tho, jay z, nas, kiss, fat joe, Murder inc - but game fuckin killed them, they didnt respond prober and people took games side.

I still bumb some 50 songs tho - I whoop ya head boy, riddin thru the hood, and so on..

Man the G-Unit album was overrated - some of the cornyst lyrics of all time is on there. - Banks used to be the king of punch lines wtf happend to the kid to lose that talent tho..

-JL
Well I heard they did respond with a 300 shots song, didn't bother to listen to it.  Game completely whored g-unit in that feud with 300 bars.  This century's no vaseline when Ice Cube whored NWA & they didn't respond.