Author Topic: Lol at 50 naming his new album Five  (Read 885 times)

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Lol at 50 naming his new album Five
« on: June 15, 2012, 06:30:52 PM »
Son stays kicking Game in the guts lol

HBG gonna be tryna get royalties off that Gif album cover too ;D

50 Cent has confirmed that his next official LP, Five (Murder By Numbers), is set to drop on July 3. In a wide-ranging conversation with Philadelphia radio station Hot 107.9, which comes off his recent appearance on "Oprah's Next Chapter," Fif also touched on label politics and boxer Floyd Mayweather's stint in prison.

The new album, which follows the back-to-basics Lost Tape and The Big Ten freebies, will be the last in his turbulent deal with Interscope. "I said I was gonna put a record out that was completely up to album standard, and I'm gonna do that. I worked on this album for a long time. It's been three years," he said.
The reason for the delay? Label politics. 50 actually gave his longtime home Interscope credit for his musical successes, but noted that it's easier to see their failures when an artist doesn't have excessive hype. "Labels at different points, they drop the ball," Fif said. "It's not visible when the momentum is feverish. For me, with Interscope, all the success I've had in music has been with them."

The G-Unit CEO, whose real name is Curtis Jackson, also gave an update on his friend Floyd Mayweather, who is currently serving a three-month sentence for domestic battery of an ex-girlfriend in front of their two children. "He's not doing good right now," said 50. "He only been out seven hours since he been in there. They doin' everything to make this difficult." Right before Mayweather began his sentence last month, Fif told MTV News that the boxer has a deep connection with music. "Floyd has a huge passion for music that people don't know about," 50 explained. "It's a big part of what makes him comfortable and takes his mind off of how hard he has to work to stay being the #1 fighter in the world."

Does he even have a single?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
Re: Lol at 50 naming his new album Five
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 09:28:17 PM »
I would be shocked if this dropped in three weeks. & no, he doesn't have a single out lol.

What was this Game reference? I guess I missed it.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 10:08:47 PM »
I would be shocked if this dropped in three weeks. & no, he doesn't have a single out lol.

What was this Game reference? I guess I missed it.

Yeah I don't really see it dropping either, even if 50 just wants to.get out of his contract he's too proud too just drop a brick.

Game said he was calling his next album Five as well

Blood$

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 11:37:25 AM »
Game will probably have something to say but I doubt we hear a diss cuz he never responded to 50's last shots

no way this is dropping that soon though unless it's a free album

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 12:24:59 PM »
OH SHIT LMFAO. 50 is too good.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2012, 09:52:22 AM »
lmao, this is actually coming out in a few days. No single, no buzz.

What goes on?

sav

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2012, 10:16:38 AM »
What goes on?

No retail release. It's only available on iTunes and Amazon.

Matty

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2012, 12:31:29 PM »
What goes on?

No retail release. It's only available on iTunes and Amazon.

this is amusing. granted it's a good strategy to keep a lid on leaks, but in this case it doesn't seem he has any label support at all. no official promotion, single, nothing. seems up in the air as to whether it'll drop...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2012, 02:10:57 PM »
I heard there is something going on behind closed doors. Which makes sense because Interscope can't be happy about this. Anything over 40K would be highly impressive.

50 claims he's been working on it for three years though, so I'm rooting for it to be good, but my hopes aren't high.

But I don't see how Interscope could fail with his. If it's only digital release, theoretically all they have to do is upload the album on the internet & hope people purchase it. You don't have to make CDs, little booklets, ship them around the world. From a label's perspective it should be the new way things are done; digital purchase only. Cheapest way.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 12:40:49 AM »
It'll be kind of crazy if this actually drops, the only promo has come from 50 himself, I've seen mixtapes with more promo lol. Either way I'm pretty keen to hear this album, I've got a feeling there's gonna be some heat, plus 50 been bringing it lately.

hitsaw

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 01:32:20 PM »
His last 2 mixtapes where dope, i realy wanne hear some new 50.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 01:58:23 PM »
I guess Interscope was like "fuck this, were not spending a dollar on promotion" & 50 doesn't want to reach into his own pocket for promotion, so it's just going to go promotionless outside of whatever he can do on Twitter.

30K like I said earlier sounds like a lot now.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 09:38:21 PM »
I guess Interscope was like "fuck this, were not spending a dollar on promotion" & 50 doesn't want to reach into his own pocket for promotion, so it's just going to go promotionless outside of whatever he can do on Twitter.

I wonder if they gonna count this as an album and let 50 out of his contract

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 09:39:21 PM »

I wonder if they gonna count this as an album and let 50 out of his contract

Probably what the move is all together.

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 10:27:03 PM »
Why not name i