Poll

Should Darx (Lights) and Sikotic be friends based on Armenian national pride?

yes
2 (28.6%)
no
5 (71.4%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Should Darx (Lights) and Sikotic be friends based on Armenian national pride?  (Read 565 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
This isn't really even a joke thread cause Lights is my homie.  This is actually a serious question and I'd even like to hear Lights and Sikotics opinion.  And if the answer is yes, then how would that effect the Sccit/Sikotic beef?
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

i thought sikotic was white? thats what he told me..

Sikotic™

Race: White
Nationality/Ethnicity: Armenian

It's really easy to understand for most people.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Sccit

very understandable that u consider yourself a whiteboy... but around here, armenians don't consider themselves white.

O.G A.Geesta'z

No and its cool Sikotic claims being white being black or Armenian ain't nothing to be proud of and he realizes that
The West is Back

BiggBoogaBiff

Aw go to hell

Sikotic™

very understandable that u consider yourself a whiteboy... but around here, armenians don't consider themselves white.
LOL @ me claiming I'm a whiteboy. I never have claimed that and considering that most people identify me as 100% black right off the bat it just would be foolish of me to even try that shit. Like I said before. I am half armenian and armenians are a nationality/ethnicity of the white race. Therefore, yes I am partially part of the white race.

Likewise, I am half African-American. There are also Ethiopians, Nigerians, Sudanese, etc. etc. All different nationalities with their own distinctions. However, they are all part of the black race.

Do you follow me? I am more than willing to draw a Venn diagram if you have trouble comprehending. And also, armos don't have to consider themselves white if they don't want to: they still are. Facts are facts, Elior.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

bouli77

i never understood Nik's problem with the white race and with rapsodie and sikotic being half breeds (no offense).

anyway,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenoid_race

The Armenoid or Assyroid race in physical anthropology is a subtype of the Caucasian race.

Sccit

i never understood Nik's problem with the white race and with rapsodie and sikotic being half breeds (no offense).

anyway,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenoid_race

The Armenoid or Assyroid race in physical anthropology is a subtype of the Caucasian race.

i have no problem with any1 bein half black/half white... it's just that typically, armenians don't consider themselves white. u don't hear people sayin "damn, i wanna fuck them white girls" when speakin of the kardashians...yes, they are a SUB-TYPE of the caucasian race, but so are latinos...dont mean they classify themselves as white people. trust me, i know MANY armenians and persians, and most of them would laugh if you tried to classify them as white, despite having caucasian ancestry. fact of the matter is, they classify as middle-easterns, and thats how they're viewed in america.

bouli77

viewing oneself as something is one thing, but there is scientifical classification too. latinos is a different situation. there are white hispanics, who are basically spanish speaking caucasians, most of them being the descendants of the spanish settlers and other european immigrants (in america), then you have the descendants of "indigenous" populations, who were basically in America before the Europeans and who were subdued and who had to surrender and adopt the language of the authority (typically the average "brown" latino), and they are NOT caucasians, and then you have what I believe they call "mestizo" who are people with mixed ancestry (mostly white/amerindian) who can be considered part caucasian ... anyway i always found these classifications kinda degrading, you are what you are, regardless of your ancesters, if you are swarthy you are swarthy that's all there's too it. it's interesting to note that more and more people classify themselves as "mixed" because that's who they are. a person like Malcolm X, Warren G or Mack 10 are not 100% african-americans yet that's what they're classified as because culturally they belong to that community.

anyway, i believe there are different shades of Armenians too. Kim Kardashian doesn't look like Charles Aznavour. but i get it what you say though, we have some Armenians in France and most people wouldn't consider most of them as whites. again this is dumb, because some of them are white. just like in North Africa, you have peoples like the Berbers of the Kabyls who aren't Arabic but who live in countries which have been colonized by the Arabs, and if you ask people in general, they're not considered as Whites. yet you have darker looking Italians, Portuguese or Spanish (some of which have arab blood since they lived in the country for close to 700 years) and they're considered White.

This man is Spanish and is most likely considered White,

but yet, he is darker than this man, who isn't considered White

Sikotic™

The Kardashians are half armenian I think. Not their dad, but I think their mom is something else.

Anyways, at the end of the day we all came from africa so this argument is pointless.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fraxxx

National pride is complete bullshit to begin with. :-X
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Dikteta Dax

Just read this in my text for school and I thought it would come in handy for this convo:

When Was Race Invented?
Centuries ago, global trade brought the world’s people into greater contact, raising awareness of human diversity. By the late 1500s, Europeans began using the term race. By about 1800, European sci- entists came up with three broad classifications for humanity. They coined the term Caucasian (meaning European and Western Asian) to desig- nate people with light skin and fine hair; Negroid (derived from Latin meaning “black”) to refer to people with dark skin and the coarse, curly hair typical of people living in sub-Saharan Africa; and Mongoloid (referring to the Mongolian region of Asia) to refer to people with yellow or brown skin and distinctive folds on the eyelids.

Are Races Real?
Sociologists are quick to point out that at best, racial categories are misleading and at worst, they are a harmful way to divide humanity. First, there is no biologically pure race. Because human beings have migrated and reproduced throughout the world, we find physical diversity everywhere. For example, Caucasian people can have very light skin (common in Scandinavia) or very dark skin (common in southern India). Similarly, Negroid people can be dark-skinned (common in Africa) or light-skinned (the Australian Aborigines).

Other physical traits often linked to race do not always line up the same way. For example, people with dark skin can have kinky hair (common in Africa) or straight hair (common in India). Biologists tell us that people in various racial categories differ in only about 6 percent of their genes, which is less than the genetic variation that we find within each racial category. What this means is that from a scientific standpoint, physical variation is real, but racial categories simply do not describe that reality very well (Boza, 2002; Harris & Sim, 2002).

Should Races Exist at All?
If racial categories are not real, why do they exist? Some sociol- ogists argue that dividing humanity into racial categories is simply a strategy to allow some people to dominate others (Bonilla-Silva, 1999; Johnson, Rush, & Feagin, 2000; Zuberi, 2001). That is, Europeans attached cultural traits to skin color—constructing the “honest and rational” European versus the “beastlike” African and the “devious” Asian—in order to make themselves seem better than the peoples they wanted to control. In this way, European colonists justified oppressing people all over the world. North Americans did much the same thing, defining native peoples in less than human terms—as “red savages”—to justify killing them and taking their land. Similarly, when people of English ancestry needed Irish and Italian immigrants to work for low pay, they defined them as racially different (Ignatiev, 1995; Camara, 2000; Brodkin, 2007).

Well into the twentieth century, many southern states legally defined as “colored” anyone having as little as 1/32 African ances- try (that is, one African American great-great-great-grandpar- ent). By 1970, such “one drop of blood” laws had been over- turned by the courts, allowing parents to declare the race of their child as they wish (usually on the birth certificate). Even today, however, most people still consider racial identity important.

Multiracial People
Today, more people in this country than ever before identify themselves as multiracial. In a recent government survey, almost ll marriages in the United States. One predictable result is that the official number of multiracial births has tripled over the past twenty years and represents about 4 percent of all births (U.S. Census Bureau, 2010). As time goes on, fewer members of our society will see one another in terms of rigid racial categories.

Ethnicity
Race revolves around biological traits, but ethnicity is a matter of culture. Ethnicity is a shared cultural heritage, which typically involves common ancestors, language, and religion. Just as U.S. society is racially diverse, so the population contains hundreds of distinctive ethnic categories. Table 3–1 shows the breadth of this nation’s racial and ethnic diversity.
Although race and ethnicity are different, the two may go together. For example, Korean Americans, Native Americans, and people of Italian or Nigerian descent share not only certain physical traits but ethnic traits as well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 10:24:19 AM by Black Male »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sikotic™

It's a valuable tool by the government though.

THA SAUCE HOUSE