Author Topic: Crooked I came a long way  (Read 1383 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Crooked I came a long way
« on: June 21, 2012, 06:04:31 PM »
from collaborating wit local Long Beach-artists like Lil C-Style during the 19th Street era, to having his upcoming  group-album executive produced by a mainstream artist like Eminem.
he deserves it imo, hes the most talented mc that ever came out of Long Beach
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:07:44 PM by OG Michael Madsen »

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Crooked I came a long way
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »
best lyricist in Cali by far

Crooked started rapping "professionally" in 1995, including doing that C Style song "Rap Killer" in '95

crazy how he's still in his prime

Mietek23

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2012, 04:11:16 AM »

I think Locksmith is Crooked I's equal when it comes to spit str8 fire on tha mic - dude is fenomenal and a battle between Crook and Lock would be EPIC 8)

G-Bee

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Vrije jongen
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 05:20:06 AM »
from collaborating wit local Long Beach-artists like Lil C-Style during the 19th Street era, to having his upcoming  group-album executive produced by a mainstream artist like Eminem.

Actually, it's kind of sad, because after all those years of grinding in the streets, he still sold out in the end.

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 06:29:21 AM »
i wonder if crooked is one of those rappers who hangs out at the swap meet trying to sell his tapes to people.
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 06:31:06 AM »

I think Locksmith is Crooked I's equal when it comes to spit str8 fire on tha mic - dude is fenomenal and a battle between Crook and Lock would be EPIC 8)

I would pay a ridiculous amount of money to see that battle!!  ;D

And yes. Crook > everybody else

donfathaimmortal

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2012, 08:28:42 AM »
hes the most talented mc that ever came out of Long Beach
The spot got shook, it was hell below | Is that Futureshock ?? | Hell, no, it's Death Row !

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2012, 10:02:48 AM »
He can do whatever he wants, he gave everything to the underground.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »

That LBC shit is still the dopest shit he ever did... It was an honor for him to be affiliated with the legendary LBC Crew in the mid 90's.   LBC Crew mid 90's >>>>>> Slaughterhouse.  (And I'm a Slaughterhouse fan).

Also, by the way.  Snoop is the most talented out the LBC.  Then Daz, then Nate, then Warren, then Tray Dee, then the Twinz.. then maybe Crooked
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2012, 01:02:31 PM »
it's a group album...he deserves a solo of this caliber.

Okka

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2012, 01:10:46 PM »
He definitely deserves all the shine he's gettin'. Hopefully he comes out with his first solo album soon too, it's been too long.

That LBC shit is still the dopest shit he ever did... It was an honor for him to be affiliated with the legendary LBC Crew in the mid 90's.

He was affiliated with the whole Dogg Pound, not just the LBC Crew. Crooked is still good friends with Big Style and he's still fuckin with a lot of Dogg Pound members.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2012, 01:22:34 PM »

Actually, it's kind of sad, because after all those years of grinding in the streets, he still sold out in the end.

isnt the whole point of grindin so you can eventually make it  and break into the mainstream .

preferably by not selling out.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2012, 01:41:36 PM »

Lock would kill Crooked I in a battle as he's actually a battle rapper. Crooked I would pull a Canibus.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2012, 01:49:18 PM »
Crooked doesn't even write his rhymes down on paper, how COULD he pull a Canibus?

Sccit

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2012, 01:54:37 PM »
Crooked doesn't even write his rhymes down on paper, how COULD he pull a Canibus?

lol, thats a lie