Author Topic: Crooked I came a long way  (Read 1377 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Crooked I came a long way
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 02:03:31 PM »
Crooked doesn't even write his rhymes down on paper, how COULD he pull a Canibus?

lol, thats a lie

no it's not

he said on twitter he hasn't wrote down any rhymes on paper in years

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 02:24:01 PM »
yea...cuz he uses his iphone :)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 04:50:29 PM »
yea...cuz he uses his iphone :)

I don't know if he always does it like this but I've sat in on several sessions where he went in the booth and came up with the verse few bars at a time while in the booth, no pen/paper/iphone.

Sccit

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 04:53:48 PM »
so ur sayin he memorizes his whole rhyme in his head, then spits it? i've seen my share of peeps doin that, but not with the same multi-rhyming ability as crooked.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 04:57:41 PM »
from collaborating wit local Long Beach-artists like Lil C-Style during the 19th Street era, to having his upcoming  group-album executive produced by a mainstream artist like Eminem.
he deserves it imo, hes the most talented mc that ever came out of Long Beach

That LBC shit is still the dopest shit he ever did... It was an honor for him to be affiliated with the legendary LBC Crew in the mid 90's.   LBC Crew mid 90's >>>>>> Slaughterhouse.  (And I'm a Slaughterhouse fan).

Also, by the way.  Snoop is the most talented out the LBC.  Then Daz, then Nate, then Warren, then Tray Dee, then the Twinz.. then maybe Crooked

Crooked is the msot talented mc/lyricist from Long Beach.
the only LBC-artsit that ever came remotely close to Crooked I, as an mc, was probably Techniec.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 05:08:33 PM by OG Michael Madsen »

Sccit

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 05:02:47 PM »
kurupt in his prime

Spoonie Luv

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 09:31:37 PM »
^^^ kurupt is from philly by way of south central LA. Same hood where nipsey hussle is from not LB.
Spoonie Luv From Up Above

Sccit

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 09:38:18 PM »
speakin on west coast lyricists in general...kurupt in his prime is up there with crooked i

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 09:40:21 PM »
so ur sayin he memorizes his whole rhyme in his head, then spits it? i've seen my share of peeps doin that, but not with the same multi-rhyming ability as crooked.

No he literally walks in the booth with no verse in mind, listens to the beat and then starts mumbling bars in his head, spits a couple bars, then does the next etc and by the end of it he can double the whole thing in one take. Pretty amazing.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 10:16:25 PM »

No he literally walks in the booth with no verse in mind, listens to the beat and then starts mumbling bars in his head, spits a couple bars, then does the next etc and by the end of it he can double the whole thing in one take. Pretty amazing.

"can i get an amen" - Vakill

8)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 10:48:11 PM »

Guess it doesn't really prove that he didn't write, you'll have to take my word for it. lol

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 10:54:48 PM »

So he records line by line? That's pretty smart.. So let me get this straight, his tracks are recorded bar by bar or does he delete the initial takes and use the double as the main? I think ima try this method out

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 11:13:02 PM »
this is the record he was recording that day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkTMGI-nZ_w&feature=youtu.be

@NIKCC i can only speak for the sessions that i've been in im sure that he also writes, and i haven't been at any of the slaughterhouse sessions. but from what i saw he goes in there, and lays a couple of bars at a time as he comes up with the verse. i dont think he deletes it later. a lot of rappers work that way, e-40 too. i saw him record in amsterdam and the amount of tracks he lays per verse and his whole process was really interesting.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:15:22 PM by Nima - Dubcnn.com »

Sccit

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 11:23:27 PM »
this is the record he was recording that day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkTMGI-nZ_w&feature=youtu.be

@NIKCC i can only speak for the sessions that i've been in im sure that he also writes, and i haven't been at any of the slaughterhouse sessions. but from what i saw he goes in there, and lays a couple of bars at a time as he comes up with the verse. i dont think he deletes it later. a lot of rappers work that way, e-40 too. i saw him record in amsterdam and the amount of tracks he lays per verse and his whole process was really interesting.

good shit. it might be easier that way, 2 be honest.. more natural soundin than readin off a paper.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 11:32:37 PM »
 When i was a teen an was a "rapper" i used to memorize my lyrics so i could rap em better, shit i wasnt no crooked i though!
 One of his verses must be a few pages half the time.

Anyway, yeah he's come a long way but lets see how good the Shady slaughterhouse album is and how well it dose.
 Considering hes from Long beach and was around when that sound was so big, being around Snoop and that, you'd kind of expected him to be successful. i mean as far as having unbelievable talent as well as being from Long beach and being signed young.
 Seems a massive waste of talent in some ways but yeah after being a DPG affiliate, could've signed to Aftermath(apparently?), signed to Deathrow, being as talented as he his, so he should've come a long way.
 But i guess when you consider he was never in DPG, Beef with Snoop, early deal not working out, the Deathrow failure/waste of all that hype for four years, he's done pretty dam good.
 I think hop weeklys did have alot to do with his current position.

I have to agree though that i liked crooked I way more back in the days of the two C style albums. I dont know if its just because he was so much better than everybody else on the songs he was on, but i think he flowed better then and also the production was so much better than what he raps over now.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2012, 11:34:15 PM by KrazySumwhat »