Author Topic: Crooked I came a long way  (Read 1379 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Crooked I came a long way
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2012, 11:49:33 PM »
Crooked I wasnt affilaited wit DPG or Snoop. he was just around mutual people like Big C-Style, n then Daz eventually helped him out by bringin him to Death Row,

hilarious how he never dropped an album to thsi day tho, he'll never be a superstar or legend like Snoop who paved the way for him, but he deserves to be bigger than what he is. he's too talented for Long Beach and some local westcoast-scene, so its good to c that hes on a bigger platform today in the industry

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2012, 11:52:05 PM »
 ^how come he did songs with Snoop then?

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2012, 11:53:16 PM »
^everybody has done songs wit Snoop, u dont have to be affilaited  to record wit him

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2012, 11:59:27 PM »
 Good point but not back in those days. Snoop never used to work with anyone that wasnt DPG/deathrow/lbc back then.
 The crooks n dogs song is the best example anyways. Find it strange he wasnt put in DPG or LBC crew after doing songs like that. But maybe that was 1996 a bit later on.
 Dunno.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »
Crooked I wasnt affilaited wit DPG or Snoop. he was just around mutual people like Big C-Style, n then Daz eventually helped him out by bringin him to Death Row,

hilarious how he never dropped an album to thsi day tho, he'll never be a superstar or legend like Snoop who paved the way for him, but he deserves to be bigger than what he is. he's too talented for Long Beach and some local westcoast-scene, so its good to c that hes on a bigger platform today in the industry

This is completely false.

Crooked I was at one point signed to DPG records. You can't get more affiliated then that.

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2012, 12:06:55 AM »
Snoop didnt collaborate wit Crooked I until a few yrs ago actually. "Guess Whos' back"

but they were featured on the same track a few times prior to that. Crook was just added to "Feels so Good", teh og didnt ahve him on it -- most of those appearances (just like "stay outta la" and "poor man cry"), were most likely hooked up by mutual friends like BIg C-Style or Daz.  i really doubt Crook was ever in Snoop's or DPG's circle like that, he was just one of C-Styles artists, & a guy from around the way in Long Beach.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:10:43 AM by OG Michael Madsen »

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2012, 12:11:08 AM »
 I dunno but "crooks n dogs" has Snoop n crook switching verse for verse like they were in the studio together dunno?
 And yeah he was on DPG recordz i forgot about that had songs with Nate n snoop n that if i recal?

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2012, 12:12:37 AM »
Crooked I was signed to DPG records.

That's all that needs to be said.

Secondly, he collaborated with snoop on the song crooks n doggz while signed to the label. So again, false.

He was also featured on multiple songs on kurupt the streetz iz a mutha and has worked with pretty much every single artist thats ever been connected to the label.

« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2012, 12:19:07 AM »
^
incorrect.
Daz has never been an artist-signing CEO-boss, lol. Crook was just doin a project which was meant to be put out in conjuction wit DPG Recordz, all the albums Daz put out for Lil C-Style (Rochead Recordz) and RBX etc, were albums he put out in conjuctional distriubtion deals.
i doubt Crook was ever around Daz, Kurupt, Snoop  or their circle like that. hes just been on the same tracks as them a few time, altho Crook and Kurupt did fuck wit each other plenty of times (especially when they were on Death Row at the same time)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:46:56 AM by OG Michael Madsen »

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2012, 12:24:18 AM »
^
incorrect.
Daz has never been a CEO-boss, lol. Crook was just doin a project which was meant to be put out in conjuction wit DPG Recordz, all the albums Daz put out for Lil C-Style (Rochead Recordz) and RBX etc, were albums he put out in conjuctional distriubtion deals.
Crook was never around Daz, Kurupt, Snoop  or their circle like that. hes just been on the same tracks as them a few time, altho Crook and Kurupt did fuck wit each other plenty of times (especially when they were on Death Row at the same time)

CEO no, but Suge was going to let Daz have his own label, DPG Recordz run by Daz and distributed by DR, much how Young Money is with Cash Money. Crooked, Soopafly, Lil C-Style and someone else (maybe Swoop G) were the first artists on the label. They had a ad in the Source and everything. Snoop was hella pissed about it because for one he at one time wanted to name his label DPG Recordz, didn't own the rights to Doggystyle Records after he left and they put a x through his name on the promo page.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2012, 12:28:36 AM »
^
incorrect.
Daz has never been an artist-signing CEO-boss, lol. Crook was just doin a project which was meant to be put out in conjuction wit DPG Recordz, all the albums Daz put out for Lil C-Style (Rochead Recordz) and RBX etc, were albums he put out in conjuctional distriubtion deals.
Crook was never around Daz, Kurupt, Snoop  or their circle like that. hes just been on the same tracks as them a few time, altho Crook and Kurupt did fuck wit each other plenty of times (especially when they were on Death Row at the same time)

DPG records was a sub label on death row, like D- nice said they had ads. Crooked I was to release his first album on the label entitled The Puzzle. Daz is/was the CEO of DPG records, first as a sub label then as it's own independent label.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2012, 12:35:27 AM »
I think you don't know what the word affiliated means.

n. (--t, -t)
A person, organization, or establishment associated with another as a subordinate, subsidiary, or member: network affiliates.

affiliated
adj affiliated [əˈfilieitid]
connected with or joined to (a larger group etc) as a member an affiliated branch of the union.
n afˌfiliˈation
a connection with (an organization etc) What are his political affiliations?
Kernerman English Multilingual Dictionary © 2006-2010 K Dictionaries Ltd.

Now as an artist to release an album on DPG records I think it's safe to say he was affiliated with DPG.

It's like this, Jay Rock and Brotha lynch hung are releasing albums through Strange. They arent card carrying members like say Kurt Calhoun and krizz kaliko but they are affiliated with the label and crew.

« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2012, 12:52:49 AM »
nope,
i find it hard to believe that Crooked was ever singned to the cigar-smoking "Big Boss Dogg" - Daz Dillinger as an artist by paper-work.
it was most likely just a 50/50 "1 album"-deal or distriubtion deal, jsut like teh one he laid down for RBX and Lil C-Style later on.
regardless, the album never came out & Daz subsidiary to Death Row records didnt come to frution (just like Snoops Doggystyle Records), n even if Crook did collaborate wit Daz and Kurupt on 7 or 8 songs,
and was on the same song as Snoop 3 or 4 times - I dont look at him as an affiliate to the DPG-universe.
not even close, hes from the 19th Street Records-familytree

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2012, 01:07:56 AM »
Crooked doesn't even write his rhymes down on paper, how COULD he pull a Canibus?

More proof you're a retard: http://www.sohh.com/2010/04/crooked_i_keeps_his_pen_game_on_paper_yo.html

Not only is that not true, it still has nothing to do with how well he would fare battling face to face.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:12:02 AM by BG Rapsodie »

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2012, 01:35:25 AM »
nope,
i find it hard to believe that Crooked was ever singned to the cigar-smoking "Big Boss Dogg" - Daz Dillinger as an artist by paper-work.
it was most likely just a 50/50 "1 album"-deal or distriubtion deal, jsut like teh one he laid down for RBX and Lil C-Style later on.
regardless, the album never came out & Daz subsidiary to Death Row records didnt come to frution (just like Snoops Doggystyle Records), n even if Crook did collaborate wit Daz and Kurupt on 7 or 8 songs,
and was on the same song as Snoop 3 or 4 times - I dont look at him as an affiliate to the DPG-universe.
not even close, hes from the 19th Street Records-familytree

You also claimed snoop and crook never made a song together until guess who's back.

For a guy who has a creepy obsession with dpg you sure don't know what the fuck your talking about.