Author Topic: Crooked I came a long way  (Read 1378 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Crooked I came a long way
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2012, 01:38:55 AM »
nope,
i find it hard to believe that Crooked was ever singned to the cigar-smoking "Big Boss Dogg" - Daz Dillinger as an artist by paper-work.
it was most likely just a 50/50 "1 album"-deal or distriubtion deal, jsut like teh one he laid down for RBX and Lil C-Style later on.
regardless, the album never came out & Daz subsidiary to Death Row records didnt come to frution (just like Snoops Doggystyle Records), n even if Crook did collaborate wit Daz and Kurupt on 7 or 8 songs,
and was on the same song as Snoop 3 or 4 times - I dont look at him as an affiliate to the DPG-universe.
not even close, hes from the 19th Street Records-familytree

You also claimed snoop and crook never made a song together until guess who's back.

yup, wouldnt say they collaborated wit each other until "guess whos back", they were just on teh same track a few times prior to taht. not the same thing

if ur goin to get emotional as always n succumb to childish insults wit ur arguments, take ur L n move on.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 02:00:32 AM by OG Michael Madsen »

bouli77

« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2012, 02:09:43 AM »
from collaborating wit local Long Beach-artists like Lil C-Style during the 19th Street era, to having his upcoming  group-album executive produced by a mainstream artist like Eminem.
he deserves it imo, hes the most talented mc that ever came out of Long Beach

That LBC shit is still the dopest shit he ever did... It was an honor for him to be affiliated with the legendary LBC Crew in the mid 90's.   LBC Crew mid 90's >>>>>> Slaughterhouse.  (And I'm a Slaughterhouse fan).

Also, by the way.  Snoop is the most talented out the LBC.  Then Daz, then Nate, then Warren, then Tray Dee, then the Twinz.. then maybe Crooked

Crooked is the msot talented mc/lyricist from Long Beach.
the only LBC-artsit that ever came remotely close to Crooked I, as an mc, was probably Techniec.

Techniec was/is a dope lyricist indeed. so is Bad Azz and tray deee. the Twinz are actually pretty nice too. they're wont come with any punchline, double entendre and all that but they know how write good verses.

anyway Crooked I wasn't a Dogg Pound artist per se, but he did fuck with Tha Dogg Pound when he was on Death Row, he was even reppin' Tha Pound in his lyrics. but that's when Snoop had fell out with Daz so Crooked I wasn't around Snoop but he was definitely in Daz & Kurupt's circles, hence his being on several songs with them on Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha for example.

but yeah, considering his career, i agree with mike, he's not a dogg pound artist like bad azz for example, he used to be around at a certain time but he never stuck and snoop & daz probably hate him.

crook is by far the best rapper out of long beach for me, it's too bad he never released an album despite having recorded several during his career.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2012, 02:11:17 AM »
Lmao so what is crookz n doggz then? A track they just happen to both appear on even though their names are implied in the song title and they mention eachother in their verses?

Eddz

« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2012, 02:44:03 AM »
Forget Long Beach & the Westcoast, Crooked I is one of the best MC's period. If he had of released a steady flow of albums he would be one of the GOAT's of Hip Hop.

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2012, 04:21:26 AM »
Sorry but to hold Locksmith in the same category as Crooked I is ludicrous for anybody to even mention. Locksmith has some dope flows, but his catalog of work is about 1/75th of that of Crooked I. I probably don't even have a third of his tracks and I have over 400 Crooked I tracks on my computer. Any true hip-hop fan knows that there really isn't anyone that compare to Crooked I when it comes to pure spitting and wordplay.

On a side note, when it's all said and done, solo success or not, Crooked I will be heralded as one of the rawest emcees of all time. Rappers all know who he is and recognize his skill, he's a personal favorite of some of the greats out there (Bun-B, Raekwon, Game, DJ Premier, there's more I'm forgetting).

He has come a long way and even though he hasn't catapulted to success on the solo tip, he's going to get recognition and gets to rap with one of the all time greats (Em) on the regular. I still feel like he is in his prime as well as he really hasn't lost a step - I'd go as far to say that he's even gotten better in some ways (song structure, lyrical content, easier to understand when rapping, more confidence with stage presence).

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2012, 11:03:15 AM »
Sorry but to hold Locksmith in the same category as Crooked I is ludicrous for anybody to even mention. Locksmith has some dope flows, but his catalog of work is about 1/75th of that of Crooked I. I probably don't even have a third of his tracks and I have over 400 Crooked I tracks on my computer. Any true hip-hop fan knows that there really isn't anyone that compare to Crooked I when it comes to pure spitting and wordplay.

He has 2 solo albums and 2 group albums. That's 3 more albums than Crooked I. I'd say the quality of work is higher too.

PS. Notice how I didn't count Lock's mixtapes and his freestyles as part of his accomplishments?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 11:07:35 AM by BG Rapsodie »

dexter

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2012, 12:04:51 PM »
crookedi
is the shit

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2012, 12:34:47 PM »
Lmao so what is crookz n doggz then? A track they just happen to both appear on even though their names are implied in the song title and they mention eachother in their verses?

your "I-am-right-and-you-are-wrong"-argument isnt even important, Jay.
im givin my opinion, so theres no need for u to go back n fourth wit me
like ur fighting the battle of ur life, child.
simple - i dont look at him as an "affiliate" to DPG.
just because ur from Long Beach, and u've happened to be on teh same song as Daz or Kurupt a handful of times, or
if u had a deal wit Daz on the table at one point that never turned out to be anythin -  doesnt make u
an "affiliate".

i did forget about "crooks n doggz" wit Snoop& Crook, that King Tech hooked up for teh Wakeup-show. a collabo wit Snoop doesnt make him an affilate tho

example,, DPG-"affiliates" or former DPG-"affiliates": Tha Twinz, E-White, Fratthouse, Roscoe, Hustle Boyz, Eastsidaz, etc etc (list goes on n on).
Crooked I is not one of em

Enigma

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2012, 05:35:32 PM »

He has 2 solo albums and 2 group albums. That's 3 more albums than Crooked I. I'd say the quality of work is higher too.

PS. Notice how I didn't count Lock's mixtapes and his freestyles as part of his accomplishments?

Those 2 solo albums guaranteed sold less than Crooked I's street albums, which at this point are 6 deep. Not to mention Crooked I is about to drop his second group album, which also quintuples the numbers Locksmith's group albums sold. Plus Crooked also had the Death Row album drop 2 years back.

Not that sales mean anything, but to just act like cause Crooked I wasn't dropping "official albums" that his body of work means less than Locksmith's is nuts. Crooked had platinum aspirations since the beginning and he never wanted to drop on a bullshit label and sell bullshit numbers, that's the only reason he's never dropped official LP's.

In the short, Crooked I will be a legendary type figure on the hip hop underground when it's all said and done, and Locksmith is really only appreciated in one region of the world. Not close to Crooked's level.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2012, 05:54:07 PM »
I'd say so. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine he could be a Shady artist.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2012, 07:24:59 PM »
Okay let me help put this "affiliation" issue to rest lol.

It's very simple, Crooked was younger than the Dogg Pound cats in the mid 90's and Big C-Style discovered him, saw his talent and brought him around the DPG clique. From what I've been told, Snoop and Crook never clicked like that at first, they were cool though. Crooked was signed to Dogg Pound Records, and yeah in a way he's been a Dogg Pound affiliate but him and Snoop didn't have a close relationship.

So it really depends on how you define "affiliation".

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2012, 09:07:24 PM »

Those 2 solo albums guaranteed sold less than Crooked I's street albums, which at this point are 6 deep. Not to mention Crooked I is about to drop his second group album, which also quintuples the numbers Locksmith's group albums sold. Plus Crooked also had the Death Row album drop 2 years back.

Not that sales mean anything, but to just act like cause Crooked I wasn't dropping "official albums" that his body of work means less than Locksmith's is nuts. Crooked had platinum aspirations since the beginning and he never wanted to drop on a bullshit label and sell bullshit numbers, that's the only reason he's never dropped official LP's.

In the short, Crooked I will be a legendary type figure on the hip hop underground when it's all said and done, and Locksmith is really only appreciated in one region of the world. Not close to Crooked's level.

you are arguing with one of Crooked's biggest haters and your time isn't worth it lol

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2012, 10:01:57 PM »

The part I bolded makes your entire post void. Seriously what was the point of adding that one sentence to discredit your own post? And realistically, Crooked I will never be a legendary underground figure until he releases albums that have the underground talking.

You don't even have a third of the music Lock has released (if any) so how can you even speak on this topic? I'm a fan of both dudes and Lock has released the better projects to me.

you are arguing with one of Crooked's biggest haters and your time isn't worth it lol

Right because a hater listens to every project an artist puts out. Retard.

dnjp4life

« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2012, 05:08:50 AM »
He's been at it a while now and deserves the mainstream attention that he's getting, both as a solo artist and with Slaughterhouse.

He's joint with Snoop as the best rapper out of LB.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2012, 07:05:20 AM »

your "I-am-right-and-you-are-wrong"-argument isnt even important, Jay.
im givin my opinion, so theres no need for u to go back n fourth wit me
like ur fighting the battle of ur life, child.
simple - i dont look at him as an "affiliate" to DPG.
just because ur from Long Beach, and u've happened to be on teh same song as Daz or Kurupt a handful of times, or
if u had a deal wit Daz on the table at one point that never turned out to be anythin -  doesnt make u
an "affiliate".

i did forget about "crooks n doggz" wit Snoop& Crook, that King Tech hooked up for teh Wakeup-show. a collabo wit Snoop doesnt make him an affilate tho

example,, DPG-"affiliates" or former DPG-"affiliates": Tha Twinz, E-White, Fratthouse, Roscoe, Hustle Boyz, Eastsidaz, etc etc (list goes on n on).
Crooked I is not one of em

i consider him a DPG affiliate, just look at all the songs he did with Daz and Kurupt in the 90s