Author Topic: Crooked I came a long way  (Read 1382 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: Crooked I came a long way
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2012, 08:29:38 AM »
from collaborating wit local Long Beach-artists like Lil C-Style during the 19th Street era, to having his upcoming  group-album executive produced by a mainstream artist like Eminem.
he deserves it imo, hes the most talented mc that ever came out of Long Beach

That LBC shit is still the dopest shit he ever did... It was an honor for him to be affiliated with the legendary LBC Crew in the mid 90's.   LBC Crew mid 90's >>>>>> Slaughterhouse.  (And I'm a Slaughterhouse fan).

Also, by the way.  Snoop is the most talented out the LBC.  Then Daz, then Nate, then Warren, then Tray Dee, then the Twinz.. then maybe Crooked

Crooked is the msot talented mc/lyricist from Long Beach.
the only LBC-artsit that ever came remotely close to Crooked I, as an mc, was probably Techniec.
snoop, lil c style, & tray deee over crooked i any day.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2012, 02:06:35 PM »
from collaborating wit local Long Beach-artists like Lil C-Style during the 19th Street era, to having his upcoming  group-album executive produced by a mainstream artist like Eminem.

That LBC shit is still the dopest shit he ever did... It was an honor for him to be affiliated with the legendary LBC Crew in the mid 90's.   LBC Crew mid 90's >>>>>> Slaughterhouse.  (And I'm a Slaughterhouse fan).

Also, by the way.  Snoop is the most talented out the LBC.  Then Daz, then Nate, then Warren, then Tray Dee, then the Twinz.. then maybe Crooked

the only LBC-artsit that ever came remotely close to Crooked I, as an mc, was probably Techniec.

RBX, Lil C Style, Tray Deee, Soopafly, and Techniec fo sheezy.

EDIT: Even E-White is as good as Crook IMO
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:11:58 PM by P.R.O.M.E.T.H.E.U.S »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »

true indeed.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2012, 03:36:01 PM »

No, just no.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2012, 04:52:26 PM »

No, just no.
out ya mind  :o

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2012, 05:20:48 PM »
None of those rappers hold a candle to crooked I.
Like lil c style are you fucking serious?! Guys one of the worst rappers I've ever heard in my life. Compare his verse on say fuck dre to any crooked I verse, it's laughable.

Just imaging lil c style, rbx, e white, soopafly etc trying to keep up with the rest of slaughterhouse is making me lol. They would stick out like a sore thumb with how shitty their verses would be. Meanwhile crook is arguably the stand out on a good 60% percent of SH songs.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:23:14 PM by OG Jaydc »

Sccit

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2012, 05:28:45 PM »
lil c style and e-white is pretty extreme, but i would understand if some1 preferred rbx, tray deee, or soopafly over crooked i.

OG Jaydc

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fuck your opinion.
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2012, 05:33:13 PM »
lil c style and e-white is pretty extreme, but i would understand if some1 preferred rbx, tray deee, or soopafly over crooked i.

If someone prefers an artist over another that's whatever it's just your personal taste.it's like someone liking waka flocka flame but not liking biggie, but saying waka is a better emcee. And that example is valid as that's how far apart someone like crook is to fucking lil c style.

But to out right say RBX or soopafly are better emcees/lyricists then crooked I is just so wrong.

If you don't like a rapper who cares but don't make dumb, outlandish remarks that make you like a complete idiot.

I don't like redman, because he's just my not taste for whatever reason. But I respect what he's done and I'm not going to say young jeezy is a better emcee then he is because that's just dumb.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 05:39:44 PM by OG Jaydc »

Sccit

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2012, 05:40:46 PM »

If someone prefers an artist over another that's whatever it's just your personal taste.it's like someone liking waka flocka flame but not liking biggie, but saying waka is a better emcee. And that example is valid as that's how far apart someone like crook is to fucking lil c style.

But to out right say RBX or soopafly are better emcees/lyricists then crooked I is just so wrong.

rbx and soopafly are actually really good emcees....but i get ya point, crooked i is a beast on the mic. rbx has a completely different style and definitely aint no slouch when it comes 2 emceeing, though. soopafly has been getting pretty good, as well. they're both up there in terms of west coast emcees.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #69 on: June 24, 2012, 06:41:19 PM »

rbx and soopafly are actually really good emcees....but i get ya point, crooked i is a beast on the mic. rbx has a completely different style and definitely aint no slouch when it comes 2 emceeing, though. soopafly has been getting pretty good, as well. they're both up there in terms of west coast emcees.

soopafly is a pretty boring lyricist

Sccit

« Reply #70 on: June 24, 2012, 09:01:07 PM »

soopafly is a pretty boring lyricist

i like some of his shit lyrically. bangin west coast had some dope emceeing on it.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #71 on: June 24, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »
im not tryin to diss my man beacuse i even owe da woopty woop on CD

hes just an ok lyricist to me tho

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »
dont think Locksmith has accomplished more than Crooked I in the industry
Crook is a favorable guest-apperacen rapper, n appears everyhwere these days (underground n mainstream),
has around 3 or 4 unreleased albums, not to mention dosens of mixatpes and ep's in his backpack. and one upcoming group album under the Shady Records moniker

Even E-White is as good as Crook

lol

doggfather

« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2012, 05:21:18 AM »

Techniec is better IMO.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Okka

« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2012, 06:10:58 AM »
Snoop didnt collaborate wit Crooked I until a few yrs ago actually. "Guess Whos' back"

but they were featured on the same track a few times prior to that. Crook was just added to "Feels so Good", teh og didnt ahve him on it -- most of those appearances (just like "stay outta la" and "poor man cry"), were most likely hooked up by mutual friends like BIg C-Style or Daz.  i really doubt Crook was ever in Snoop's or DPG's circle like that, he was just one of C-Styles artists, & a guy from around the way in Long Beach.

Big C-Style created the Dogg Pound with Snoop. I wouldn't call Crooked I a DPG, but he definitely was affiliated with them.