Author Topic: Nas ... 2nd single and speaks on Benzino and Eminem!!  (Read 313 times)

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
Nas ... 2nd single and speaks on Benzino and Eminem!!
« on: February 10, 2003, 03:31:37 PM »
Nas is currently in the UK to promote "God’s Son," he was a little late arriving though. Nas just wrapped up shooting the video his second single "I Can," after some complications. The video was being shot in New York but they had to pack up and move the shoot to Los Angeles because NY was too cold for the children in the video.

Cultural Minister Kim Howells recently criticized hip-hop claiming that it glorified gun culture, Nas responded to that saying, "Rap music speaks on violence, not
because rap is violent but because the world is violent. Rap music isn’t a story book, it’s life."

Nas was also quick to defend Eminem, "It’s [the Source vendetta] really stupid. He’s a great artist. He’s educating us, telling us we have to communicate with each other. And we are learning about his life through his rhymes. It’s a shame. But I’ve been through a lot of bullshit, and Eminem will have to go through it too."

He also had a comment regarding 50 Cent as well, saying, "Right now I’m feeling 50 Cent, because it’s that raw, street feel."

source: HipHopDx

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!

funkstylz

Re:Nas ... 2nd single and speaks on Benzino and Eminem!!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 05:04:37 PM »
meanwhile 50 dissin him lol

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 05:05:29 PM »
meanwhile 50 dissin him lol

yeah, just noticed that too

PLANT

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 08:32:54 PM »
50 didnt really diss him did he?  i thought he just said that Nas hasnt really been in the streets, an he was a quiet nigga or someshit...and "go at Nas and Jigga both for the throne"

thats not much of a diss IMO
i could have missed something tho

Jome

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 08:48:34 PM »
50 didnt really diss him did he?  i thought he just said that Nas hasnt really been in the streets, an he was a quiet nigga or someshit...and "go at Nas and Jigga both for the throne"

I was on the remix with J.Lo, and without me knowin, they took me off, made Nas do a verse, and he didn't even give me a call. I mean.. I see why they took me off, since Nas is a big name and all, but the least thing the nigga could do was to give me a phonecall or something

he was quiet as a church mouse, I mean he cool, but if he ever crossed my path, I'd punch a new chip in this tooth

Plus, Nas probably added fuel by working with Murder Inc...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2003, 08:49:09 PM by Bullet Jome »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2003, 02:21:32 AM »
I'm glad "I Can" is the new single, another street anthem with that old skool feel.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2003, 08:13:45 AM »

I was on the remix with J.Lo, and without me knowin, they took me off, made Nas do a verse, and he didn't even give me a call. I mean.. I see why they took me off, since Nas is a big name and all, but the least thing the nigga could do was to give me a phonecall or something

he was quiet as a church mouse, I mean he cool, but if he ever crossed my path, I'd punch a new chip in this tooth

Plus, Nas probably added fuel by working with Murder Inc...

is that from the dvd?
i thought he was talkin about Jlos manager and Irv?  True about adding fuel w murda inc tho

Jome

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2003, 04:13:55 PM »

is that from the dvd?

Nah, I haven't even seen the DVD.

I hate "I can"... the hook is 5000 times more annoying than "Hard Knock life", "Anything" or anything else with kids singing the chorus.
The beat is dope, but it's also stolen.
"Warrior Song" or "Heaven" would have made better singles, IMO.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2003, 04:28:29 PM »
I hate "I can"... the hook is 5000 times more annoying than "Hard Knock life", "Anything" or anything else with kids singing the chorus.
The beat is dope, but it's also stolen.
"Warrior Song" or "Heaven" would have made better singles, IMO.

I'd have liked to see "The Cross" on TV...a video for "Last Real Nigga Alive" would have been hella interesting too

Vigilante

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Future Revolutionary Classic
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2003, 07:48:24 PM »
I'm glad "I Can" is the new single, another street anthem with that old skool feel.

lmao....its the exact opposite...its a children song..not street anthem,....the enxt single should of been "Get Down" or "Las Real Nigga Alive" or "Book of Rhymes"

This album recieved 3 Mics in the Source.....BS
Go support him and go buy it!