Author Topic: Infinite sits down with Mekkan Refugee to discuss sophmore LP...  (Read 389 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Infinite:  So the word is your creating an internet album.  It will be a sophmore LP for Infinite but the first offering from the alter ego Mekkan Refugee.  So just introduce yourself to the forum briefly.

Mekkan Refuggee:  Well I don't want to get too much into my story, cause I want to save it for the album.  But basically I've been trying to make it in this society for a long time and have been unable to.  Kind of like a round peg trying to fit into a square whole, or is it the other way around?  Anyway, point is I just want to spread awareness on my condition and this album is a way to do that.

Infinite:  So what is your condition?

Mekkan Refugee:  Well you see I've been possessed by a jin.  In the religion of Islam, the a jin are spirits made of fire.  Some are good and some are bad. 
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Infinite sits down with Mekkan Refugee to discuss sophmore LP...
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2012, 01:36:44 PM »
(Interview continued)

Mekkan Refugee:  Jin can take on different form, even the human form.  Me... I'm not a jin, although I have been accused of being one. When I say "accused" it takes a negative connatation.. but it actually wasn't negative.  Cause remember I said some jin are good.

Infinite:  So what about the jin then?

Mekkan Refuggee:  The reason I bring up the jin is because I was possessed by a jin.  And it was because of that that I am in the condition I am now.

Infinite:  Is that shit really true about jins and invisible spirits and all of that?

Mekkan Refugee:   Today, people are totally unaware of it.  But back in my day, which was the 18th/19th century by the way, Jinns were very known to even the common man, and it was something we were very conscious of.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 01:41:41 PM »
(Interview continued...)

Infinite:  I don't know about all that homie.  I mean, niccaz today ain't really trying to heaer that shit.  What's bangin today is that Kendrick Lamar "The Recipe".  Niccas ain't trying to hear about jinns, genies, or all that Alladin shit you talkin about.

Mekkan Refugee:  That's why I'm not gonna go off too deep into all this.  I know modern man can't really understand the depths of what I've been through.  To be a victim of bi-location, to be transported by a jinn into another body in another century.  I understand that shit is foriegn to modern man.  So what I will do in my album is give the condensed version.  All your getting is 10% of the real story.  Cause the whole story would bring you to tears.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »
Infinite:  So how would you label your upcoming album.  Is it like conscious hip-hop like Rwkus Records used to put out.  Or is this 5%er ish like Lord Jammars last album?  How would you classify it.

Mekkan Refugee:  I would classify it as Sufi.  Islamic mysticism.  So in that way its in a class of its own cause its never been done before.

Infinite:  Interesting.  So how did you get your start.

Mekkan Refugee:  Rappin on the streets of St. Louis.  Yep, I was a busker.  Right there along with the broke guitar and saxaphone players just performing so someone might pass by and throw us some change.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 01:52:26 PM »
Infinite:  And what did you learn from that busking experience?

Mekkan Refugee:  For one, I learned that nobody really gives a fuck.  I freestyled for hours on end and people just passed by.  I had one 10 year old girl drop me a few cents in my jar.  And for that I'm grateful.

Infinite:  My good homie from the Lamb Crew Scitt actually enquired about features for this album, in particular a previous alias known as Political Gangsta.

Mekkan Refugee:   Well first off shouts out to the Lamb Crew.  I know them niccas is puttin shit down and got big things coming their way.  Like you, I'm definitely a Lamb affiliate and that's for life.  But for the time being I'm stranded out here so I don't have the benefit of collaborating with them.  But my heart is with the crew and I support them to the fullest. Hope to be out there later this winter, Allah willing.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »
G(Interview continued)

Mekkan Refugee:   As for guest appearances on the album and the likelihood of a Political Gangsta appearance. ...PG, that nicca is dead as fuck.  That nicca was hott around the Sept. 11th era when everything was politisized and niccaz thought they could change the world.  Well niccaz didn't change shit, and shit is still basically the same.  So no PG on this album. I'm trying to live free in an unfree world, I'm not trying to change the world anymore.

Infinite:  So any features at all?

Mekkan Refuge:  The last album had some very helpful contributions from my astological brother Muhammad Sulu-Gambari.  He was a Nigerian who was stranded with me here in the midwest USA. So we really fed off each other, and I miss that brother a lot.  But he's gone now so I guess I'm solo, but fuck it.  The only feaute I could see is Infinite helping me with this album.  So with no friends your alter egos become your homies.

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 02:05:52 PM »
(Interview continued)

Infinite:  Well I must say, its been a very enlightening interview, and I look forward to working with you on the album.  I thank you for your openness and sincerity.  So what do we have to look forward to in the coming months.

Mekkan Refugee:   Maybe some exclusive freestyles, possibly an audio on the way.  More interviews just to get my story out there, that's the main thing.  I have to raise awareness and raise funds if I'm ever gonna get back to my time, and my century, and my continent for that matter.  Cause I'm actually not even from here.  I'm from Istanbull in modern day Turkey, where East meets West.  I have to get back.  So anything anyone can do to help its appreciated.  And I want to thank everyone out there who's taken notice of my case.  Its all love.  Oneness

Your favorite posters favorite poster

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2012, 08:10:34 PM »
So two hours of talking to yourself

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2012, 08:22:19 PM »
Brian has finally cracked

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 08:24:51 PM »
So two hours of talking to yourself

That's what freestyling is.  It's like a conversation with yourself.  Mekkan Refugee was born out of hours of freestyling on the streets of the Midwest begging for change.

O.G A.Geesta'z

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2012, 02:52:12 AM »
This is so pathetic , I feel bad for you
The West is Back

Wheres my daddy

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2012, 09:23:50 AM »
How about you get possessed by a strong urge to get a job and send some child support money?

LIGHTS_444

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2012, 10:29:58 AM »
 8)

L.A.M.B!