Author Topic: Infinite introduces long-awaited Sophmore LP, follow up to "Meditations"  (Read 395 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Infinite unveiled early plans for a second solo LP today.  This one to be recorded under the alter ego "Mekkan Refugee".   Infinite had this to say about the Sophmore LP...

"I put all of myself conceptually, lyrically into my first solo project "Meditations".  That album took around 10 years to complete.   It was like a journal of my life in my 20's.  But I'm 30 years old now, and it's time for something fresh and new.  That's where my alter ego the Mekkan Refugee comes in.    This album is his album.   He's the brains behind this album conceptually, and it's because of him that this album will be completed."

So who exactly is the Mekkan Refugee...

"Mekkan Refugee was a character actually developed in street performing.  Where I would try to kick freestyles on street corners for change.  You got to freestyle for hours and hours on end without running out of shit to say.   So I started creating stories to tell about myself.   What I came to realize was that I was that I hated the Midwest and that I loved everything outside the Midwest.  Mekkan Refugee is basically a character who's under the possession of a jin, and been forced to carry out his existence in the Midwest, the Bible Belt.  So he spends all his time bouncing between two extremes, either nostalgia and glorification of his existence outside the Midwest, or bitter about his entrapment within the Midwest.  It makes for some compelling story-lines and it serves as the muse for this album".  

Infinite's "Meditations" album is still yet to enter post-production, and no release date has yet been given for the Sophmore LP.  Only a tentative title has been submitted, Abdul-Infinite presents... The Mekkan Refugee.

Listen to Rough Cuts of Debut Album "Meditations" Here - http://www.youtube.com/user/InfiniteMeditationEP#g/u
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 11:17:05 AM by Mekkan Refugee »
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

dope...i want a feature from political gangsta

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Shot Caller
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
dope...i want a feature from political gangsta

Hopefully there will be an interview up later today.  I have an interview scheduled with Mekkan Refugee and I can add your question about the features.   
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

LIGHTS_444

• 'G'
 8) 8) 8) 8)

L.A.M.B!