Author Topic: LA Traffic is vicious  (Read 347 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

LA Traffic is vicious
« on: June 27, 2012, 10:17:18 PM »
It takes hours to get up and down the Boulevards.  Shit is gettin outta hand
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:24:43 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

Dikteta Dax

Re: LA Traffic is vicious
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:58:35 PM »
Yeah their really isn't any part of this city that has good traffic. Places that would normally by 10 minute drives with no traffic turn into hour drives.  You gotta know the times to go places and the routes to take.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 11:19:34 PM »
I know right.  I can walk faster getting where I gotta go to rather than catching the bus. 

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 01:42:09 AM »

If you thought Carmageddon was bad, get ready for a whole lot worse. "Octojam" is upon us.

Eight freeway ramps leading between Wilshire Boulevard and the San Diego (405) Freeway will be closed and demolished over the next year, with the first two ramps closed for 90 days on Friday night.

The two initial ramp closures -- on to westbound Wilshire from the 405 northbound, and to the northbound 405 from westbound Wilshire -- had begun by 10 p.m. Friday.

Those crucial connections are at the cloverleaf intersection of the nation's most heavily trafficked freeway with one of Los Angeles' busiest boulevards.

Some are calling the planned shutdowns "The Rampture," "Rampjam" or "Octojam."

The ramps are being shut down for the same $1 billion freeway widening project – a joint effort of Metro and Caltrans – that prompted the closure of the 405 last July in a much-hyped shutdown billed as Carmageddon.

New ramps, depicted in a Metro graphic below at right, are intended to alleviate notorious and sometimes dangerous traffic conflicts at the freeway's interchange with Wilshire Boulevard, according to Metro's page on the ramp reconstruction.

The project's extended construction period isn't welcome, but residents and business owners in Westwood said they are happy to see the freeway ramps get an upgrade.

The overall project will add a 10-mile carpool lane between The Santa Monica (10) Freeway and the Ventura (101) Freeway. It is expected to be complete next year.

The two initial ramp closures and suggested detours are:

•Westbound Wilshire Boulevard on-ramp to the northbound 405: Travel northbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to the Moraga Drive on-ramp or southbound on Sepulveda Boulevard to the Santa Monica Boulevard on-ramp.

•Northbound 405 off-ramp to westbound Wilshire Boulevard: Exit 405 using Santa Monica Boulevard off-ramp, then drive north on Sepulveda Boulevard to Wilshire Boulevard. Or take the the off-ramp at Sunset Boulevard

Restriping and lane reconfiguration work was done overnight Thursday, while the two ramps didn't close until Friday, according to Metro spokesman Dave Sotero.

During the initial demolition activity, a portion of Sepulveda Boulevard was set to be closed from Wilshire Boulevard to Montana Avenue. Two lanes in each direction on Wilshire Boulevard will be closed from Veteran Avenue to Federal Avenue.

Those sections of Sepulveda and Wilshire will be closed during the following periods, according to a Metro notice: from 10 p.m. Thursday to 6 a.m. Friday; from 10 p.m. Friday to 11 a.m. Saturday; from 10 p.m. Saturday to 11 a.m. Sunday; and from 8 p.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday.

A closure schedule for work related to the other six freeway ramps will be announced in future.

Traffic officers were slate to be initially staffed at the location to keep traffic flowing, and electronic message signs will explain detours. All detours are on major roadways; motorists are advised not to cut through the area on nearby residential streets.

Commuters who must travel through the area are advised to plan ahead, carpool and select their detour routes in advance, Metro said.

Metro even suggested workers in the area ask their employers if shift times could be changed to avoid traveling at peak traffic times.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 03:07:01 AM »
lol elano, posting about the freeway doesnt make you any credible. what happened to your job in LA?

anyways, walking and busing is hardly an efficient way to travel in LA its not like the east coast, its just really a bitch

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 06:36:35 AM »
If they really do go ahead with all of that then that'll be some of the dumbest shit ever.  I need to learn how to invent rocket boots, on sum Captain Superman shit

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 07:44:06 AM »
lol elano, posting about the freeway doesnt make you any credible. what happened to your job in LA?

anyways, walking and busing is hardly an efficient way to travel in LA its not like the east coast, its just really a bitch

credible about what, stupid chungauanga ? i don't have to ask your permission to post an article, fuckin idiot.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

LIGHTS_444

• 'G'
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 09:27:07 AM »
 8)

L.A.M.B!

Sikotic™

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2012, 11:26:13 AM »

I used to use that very Wilshire offramp to get to my classes and I would literally have to leave 2 hours early just to barely get to class on time. Fucked up thing is, by the time those expansions are done, the population would have increased and no traffic relief would be made.

Swear to God, I'm waiting for a huge 8.0 earthquake to hit and send a quarter these motherfuckers packing back to New Mexico or Michigan or whatever fuck ass state they came from. That way it'll be better off for me........if I'm still in CA by next year that is. I got some offers outta state that might send my ass in the middle of nowhere for the next 2 years. Whateva.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 11:28:03 AM by OG Sikotic v2.0 »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2012, 12:52:34 PM »

I used to use that very Wilshire offramp to get to my classes and I would literally have to leave 2 hours early just to barely get to class on time. Fucked up thing is, by the time those expansions are done, the population would have increased and no traffic relief would be made.

Swear to God, I'm waiting for a huge 8.0 earthquake to hit and send a quarter these motherfuckers packing back to New Mexico or Michigan or whatever fuck ass state they came from. That way it'll be better off for me........if I'm still in CA by next year that is. I got some offers outta state that might send my ass in the middle of nowhere for the next 2 years. Whateva.

thank god i dont take the 405, but theyve been constructing on the 5 for a minute, their restructuring the 101 and 5 merger.

and elano, you do have to ask permission, why? because your my little goombar bitch

Sikotic™

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2012, 01:33:54 PM »
Yeah that 5 shit is annoying too. I used to get off on Osbourne northbound to do some shit in Pacoima and now that ramp is shut down. Not a big deal because I just take the street but it was more convenient the other way.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2012, 03:02:18 PM »
It takes hours to get up and down the Boulevards.  Shit is gettin outta hand

Hard when your pushing two feet ya bitch.  Hope I hear you are found ass up off skid row soon turning tricks to pay for your daily hotel room.  How's your patent pending animated gif album covers coming along?  hahahahaha!

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2012, 04:33:00 PM »

FUCK OFF BITCH

thank god i dont take the 405, but theyve been constructing on the 5 for a minute, their restructuring the 101 and 5 merger.

and elano, you do have to ask permission, why? because your my little goombar bitch

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2012, 09:28:03 PM »

FUCK OFF BITCH

elano, u cant quote correctly? damn didnt know your mental disabilities were that severe.

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2012, 09:56:23 PM »
Bump.  All the one way streets and people everywhere don't help. I have to be strategic when I drive anywhere.