Which album is the best?

"Reasonable Doubt" - Jay-Z
0 (0%)
"Illmatic" - Nas
13 (68.4%)
"Ready To Die" - The Notorious B.I.G.
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Author Topic: Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic vs. Ready To Die  (Read 528 times)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:Reasonable Doubt vs. Illmatic vs. Ready To Die
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2003, 05:16:38 PM »
Illmatic > Reasonable Doubt > Ready To Die

IMO Illmatic is the most immaculate album ever dropped and Nas' way of rapping's been fascinating to me since I first heard that shit, plus the beats fit the album perfectly and I just don't get tired of any track on it

Reasonable Doubt is a straight up classic too, Jay came doper than ever again, not only because he went mainstream after this but also cause it had some of the deepest material Jay ever dropped and one of my fav east coast joints of all time (Brooklyn's finest) on it.

When I bought Ready To Die it had already been out for a while and actually I was kinda disappointed, not cause it wasn't good but cause some people said it was the dopest album of all times. Big had skills, but to me he never came close to Nas as a lyricist, plus there was shit I just didn't like like song 11 straight up contradicting song 10 (from "damn right I like the life I live" to "I don't wanna live no mo'", it just left me confused)...but whatever, that's my personal taste, RTD is definitely a dope album too

Cliche

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Digital Sound Prophet
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2003, 06:25:19 PM »
Ill + Matic.

Ready 2 Die

Reasonable Doubt.
Cliche's Top 10 Albums of All-Time

1. The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
2. Snoop Doggy Dogg - Doggystyle
3. Ras Kass - Soul On Ice
4. Warren G - Regulate
5. The Roots - Do You Want More?!?!?
6. Dr. Dre - The Chronic
7. Masta Ace - Disposable Arts
8. Nas - Illmatic
9. A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Mauraders
10. Chino XL - Here To Save You All

ImmortalOne

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • mothafuckin made niggaz
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2003, 09:58:52 PM »
Illmatic

Ready To Die and Reasonable Doubt are dope, but to be honest, Illmatic isnt the only east coast album that is better than either of them.......36 Chambers and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx are better also.
check out my Jordan collection here:

http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=67063.0

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2003, 11:32:30 PM »

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2003, 02:31:08 AM »

Ready to Die The Notorious B.I.G.
Reasonable doubt Jay-Z
Illmatic Nas

Just my personal choice....ImO

As far as spin's go, It's over for me....Nas has gotten better since then ImO, people need to understand that "Illmatic" is only considered classic cause his beat's were not what the sound was when his shitt dropped...the sound was G-funk, his lp went against the grain.
Although this lp will alway's remain in my top 20.
I just love the other 2 way more.

Hatesrats 2oooTre

what?? Do you not listen to the lyrics when you pop in "Illmatic"? They were filled with CLASSIC street poetry, pure lyricism, the beats have always been second to the lyrics when I think of "Illmatic", but I consider it a classic because they fitted each-other PERFECTLY.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2003, 04:06:28 AM »
Ready To Die and Reasonable Doubt are dope, but to be honest, Illmatic isnt the only east coast album that is better than either of them.......36 Chambers and Only Built 4 Cuban Linx are better also.
I agree on that, especially Cuban Linx is definitely better to me

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2003, 12:48:43 PM »
nas for real...outta those choices anyway
!
peace to the real ones

PLANT

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2003, 04:11:25 PM »
READY TO DIE

Bigge Smalls was the fucking shit.  I miss his music big time.  He had the best flow, wordplay, rhymes, fucking everything that guy did was on point IMO.  Illmatic was right there but Biggie put out more material with Ready 2 Die.

shlomid1

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • g-funk 4 ever!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2003, 08:56:19 AM »
1.illmatic 9 perfect songs.

2.ready 2 die. i dont like "respect"(the beat and hook are wack, big lyrics still tight as usual.) "friend of mine". the rest of the tracks are classics.

3. reasonable doubt - just heard it 4 the 1st time today and it's nice but it is not on the level of the other two, altough i need to listen to it much more to give a stright opinion.
westside!!!!