Author Topic: I've now given up hope for Oh My God  (Read 256 times)

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
I've now given up hope for Oh My God
« on: February 11, 2003, 08:39:39 AM »
According to WCAftershock.com Timbaland will have some beats on Oh My God. Firstly, Rakim over Timbaland? I thought this was gonna be a classic hip hop album, not a shit album. Unless they are a completely different style to his normal ones then i no longer rate Dre's ear (actually while i do think he his the best producer in hip hop he has never produced/executive produced an album where every song has been 5/5 and that ain't my opinion, thats a fact)
I just hope that Dre decides to take them off.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re:I've now given up hope for Oh My God
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 08:43:34 AM »
Hiphopsite said that Alchemist is in the studio with Dre for Cube's and Rakim's album too.

I don't believe Tim will be on Ra's album.  I think it'll be just be Dre, Prime and Al.

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2003, 08:44:30 AM »
I sure hope you're right.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 09:00:52 AM »
i can see Dre allowing this  :( cos dre and timbo are tight but damn Ra over a timmy beat would sound terrible  :'(

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2003, 11:01:37 AM »
Yeah if this is true that Dre is totally messing up this album. Rakim will not be able to spit fire over a Timbaland beat. I still think Rakim would have been better off signing with Rawkus or some other label like them, cause the whole Aftermath style just doesn't really suit him at all.

verbalassaulta

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2003, 11:37:11 AM »
this album will never come out

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2003, 11:48:08 AM »
a dream rakim album for me would be let's say 15 tracks...8 produced by primo, 3 by alchemist, 2 by dre, 1 by erick sermon (would love to hear that), and 1 by jaymastajay (never happen, but i think if he got the chance to work behind some real expensive boards magic might happen, plus give a brother a break)...there's my dream album, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2003, 03:41:50 PM »
a dream rakim album for me would be let's say 15 tracks...8 produced by primo, 3 by alchemist, 2 by dre, 1 by erick sermon (would love to hear that), and 1 by jaymastajay (never happen, but i think if he got the chance to work behind some real expensive boards magic might happen, plus give a brother a break)...there's my dream album, peace.
my dream album will be if it was produced all by dre......i trust in dre and rakim in this and i think its gonna be a classic no doubt

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 06:27:48 PM »
i gave up on this over a year ago......

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 11:28:49 PM »
Could be interesting...