Author Topic: Tha Dogg Pound - Doggy Bag (Official Discussion Thread)  (Read 4755 times)

D Breezy

Re: Tha Dogg Pound - Doggy Bag (Official Discussion Thread)
« Reply #90 on: July 17, 2012, 05:05:35 PM »
there is nothing as hideous as  "What's your phone #"  on Dogg Food

why does everyone hate that song so much?? except for the stupid interlude in the 2nd half of the song its a dope song
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #91 on: July 17, 2012, 05:10:09 PM »
whatz ya phone # is growing on me a lot more now

dogg food can't touch aeom

2euce 7even

« Reply #92 on: July 18, 2012, 04:34:57 AM »
both albums are classic but AEOM was the ishh.

"whatz ya #" was strange i agree, "heaven aint hard 2 find" is a good song IMO.better than "whatz ya phone #" 100%

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #93 on: July 20, 2012, 11:52:09 AM »
Like all WA releases there is no post-production or mixing.

They send someone into the vault.. he finds a couple working DATs from a box.. they take it, throw a few together into an album... call it a day.

All songs not previously released on this album are show mixes (demos for the label to review then...evidently, reject) or rough mixes that weren't even good enough for that.

They have reels for all these songs so why not mix them?

Morons.     

will you be working your magic on this like on the lbc crew ?

Absolutely. I've been playing around with a few of them and they sound much much better. I've got Lets Play House sounding proper CD quality-- so fucking nice..I can't stop listening to it.

I'll try to have everything up by first thing next week; Monday or Tuesday. You guys are going to be really happy with the results. Sounds fucking stellar. I'll make a new thread like last time and we can send the whole thing to WideAwake and CC John Payne on it. 

8)

cant wait for this.

only picked up the CD the other day,  thought it was pretty good overall.

i thought they could have sequenced the tracklisting better and left out one or two tracks .

to me its the best release from wideawake so far.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Okka

« Reply #94 on: July 20, 2012, 12:14:49 PM »
Can't wait for your remaster, Efrain.

doggfather

« Reply #95 on: July 20, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
Can't wait for your remaster, Efrain.
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2012, 01:09:43 PM »
picked this up yesterday, yeah the sound quality could be better but whatever at least WA is putting out these tracks unlike Suge who was just sitting on all of this

Sccit

« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2012, 01:26:57 PM »
picked this up yesterday, yeah the sound quality could be better but whatever at least WA is putting out these tracks unlike Suge who was just sitting on all of this

didnt know u got this 1 too...we shoulda been slappin this insteada bun b

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2012, 02:47:17 PM »
I bought the cd too but unless Efrain works his magic it is near impossible to appreciate it given the crappy quality on some tracks.  Efrain, I don't want to be a pain in the ass but we are on the verge of putting out an amber alert for you bud!  Jokes aside, I know I speak for many when I mention that you have talent when it comes to mastering tracks and we certainly are looking very much forward to hear your magic with Doggy Bag.  Hope to hear from you soon good sir!

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2012, 04:19:52 PM »
Like Dis is the only song I really bump off this album  :-\

o g s u e s o n e

• Muthafuckin' Don!

bouli77

« Reply #101 on: July 25, 2012, 03:16:55 AM »
Like Dis is the only song I really bump off this album  :-\

even like dis fucking gets old, i can see why it didn't make the final cut for dogg food or any other project. i mean the beat just sounds like a subpar "ain't no fun" or "who been there who done that" and daz & kurupt's verses are nothing special. maybe it would have fared better had it been released at the time but now it sounds kinda boring.

gfunkin2

« Reply #102 on: July 25, 2012, 08:11:21 AM »
Like Dis is the only song I really bump off this album  :-\

even like dis fucking gets old, i can see why it didn't make the final cut for dogg food or any other project. i mean the beat just sounds like a subpar "ain't no fun" or "who been there who done that" and daz & kurupt's verses are nothing special. maybe it would have fared better had it been released at the time but now it sounds kinda boring.

Yep, the replay value on Like Dis isn't that great. Part of it is lyrics are pretty average and then you have Big Pimpin' talking for 2+ minutes... and there's no hook.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:14:45 AM by gfunkin2 »

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #103 on: July 25, 2012, 10:15:11 AM »
Like Dis is the only song I really bump off this album  :-\

Yep, the replay value on Like Dis isn't that great. Part of it is lyrics are pretty average and then you have Big Pimpin' talking for 2+ minutes... and there's no hook.

you guys realize it's a lot better than Kurupt's current "Eat a dick bitch, eat a bowl of shit" rhyme style

bouli77

« Reply #104 on: July 25, 2012, 11:22:50 AM »
which really means nothing since that is degree zero of humanity