Author Topic: Nas - Life Is Good (Discussion thread)  (Read 2459 times)

D Breezy

Re: Nas - Life Is Good (Discussion thread)
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2012, 08:32:44 AM »
PM PM PM

pay pay pay, go buy that shit homie
Southern Cali Producer D Breezy

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqxEePe3NSCrYlYZrXzm0Pg
IG - @d_breezysounds
iTunes - https://music.apple.com/us/album/what-it-means/1591041892
Spotify - https://open.spotify.com/album/7cmg61kWV0NUZ3IqcuczoC

What It Means out now!! feat. Tash, Kokane, T.Kidd, Propain, Joel Q, Bo Roc, LBC Crew, and more

Blood$

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2012, 05:03:45 PM »
album of the fucking year.

4.5/5 easy

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #47 on: August 04, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »
incredible album, 5/5

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #48 on: August 12, 2012, 10:31:55 PM »
 Got my copy(deluxe edition), i've given it a couple of listens now. Definitely like it. Its a more grown mature nas, some of the songs are definitely grown up music. I dont like all of teh songs, some weak beats and i dont like all the singing but i must say that Nas has still got it and is as good a rapper as ever.
 The album sounded alot better hearing it a second time. I liek teh lyrics and subject matter and some of teh beats are extremely well produced, musical.
 I had no fucking idea Nas had done shit with Amy Whine house and i'd never heard her sing before(that i know of) but i have to say that "cherry wine" track is a fucking great song. Really feelin it.

Remedy360

« Reply #49 on: August 12, 2012, 11:04:11 PM »
Damn I can't believe I still haven't heard this. Guess I better pick it up tomorrow.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2012, 03:24:58 PM »
September 18th, 2012

"Life's Good" (Amended Version)

01 - Bye Baby
02 - Nasty
03 - Where's The Love
04 - Loco-Motive
05 - You Wouldn't Understand
06 - Daughters
07 - Stay
08 - Cherry Wine
09 - Roses
10 - Trust
11 - Reach Out
12 - Back When
13 - The Don (Don Dadda)
14 - Hip Hop

http://www.mediafire.com/?kkeatf06a9iejhm
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:58:43 PM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2012, 10:33:16 PM »

01 - Bye Baby
02 - Nasty
03 - Where's The Love
04 - Loco-Motive
06 - Daughters
07 - Stay
08 - Cherry Wine
09 - Roses
10 - Trust
11 - Reach Out
12 - Back When
13 - The Don (Don Dadda)

http://www.mediafire.com/?c53qqc20f2c25o1

This album didn't need your attempt at tryna make it better

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2012, 10:42:56 PM »

01 - Bye Baby
02 - Nasty
03 - Where's The Love
04 - Loco-Motive
06 - Daughters
07 - Stay
08 - Cherry Wine
09 - Roses
10 - Trust
11 - Reach Out
12 - Back When
13 - The Don (Don Dadda)

http://www.mediafire.com/?c53qqc20f2c25o1

This album didn't need your attempt at tryna make it better

"Dubsmith Niggggahz!"

So let me guess.  That album was flawless, it flowed so well that it clogged your sink and bathtub up?  Nas' raps were so cohesive and flowed so well that u understood it without having to actually listen to what he was actually saying in the order it was said?  All of them tracks are so so fuckin vicious that anybody outside of Nas and Rakim are blatant teenaged homosexuals that only started to listen to Rap becuz Lil Wayne came out with Leotards around the same time Lil B came out with "I'm Gay"?  Nevermind that that album is depressing and boring as hell the way it is with all of those sad ass songs on there, and fuck having a real DJ oversee the final project.  Becuz u kno, actual DJ's and "real hip hop" just don't mix?  U got it buddy.  

But when you're done listening to "Life Is Good" after the first month how do u feel? *assuming Nas isn't your favorite rapper

Jimmy H.

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2012, 12:37:43 PM »
Album wasn't flawless but dude is right. You're not an "executive producer" or some marketing genius. You're a fan like everybody else. Let the artist decide what songs make the album and you can be the one who goes into Best Buy with the $12 to buy it or downloads it off the net for free.

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2012, 03:22:20 AM »
Really like it so far. First 7 tracks are all fine.

Ofc the Swizz Beats track is the worst of the album. The follwoing tracks are pretty average, but with Stay, Nas picks up again.

If I compare him to peers like Snoop, Cube etc.., Nas is one of the very few OG's who still delivers. Kudos to Nas.

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #55 on: September 19, 2012, 03:51:00 AM »
Album definitely has some excellent songs, I've listened to it several times. Def better than the vast majority of albums out. Nas is one of the last of a dying breed, I'm just glad someone like him is still out there and still continues to improve in many ways.

I loved the "Untitled" album, and I also feel what he was doing with life is good. There are some incredible tracks on there, and I prolly don't even know the titles unfortunately. The first time I heard that "where I'm from" song with the claps, I immediately think of Eric b and rakim...I love the piano loop sample from make the music with your mouth from biz Markie on "this kind of love". Nas has been interpolating and paying homage like that since streets disciple, yet that is lost on most people...I need to check the credits to see who produced those songs...

There are a few tracks I skip, of course the swizz beats joint which I don't think has ever made it more than 10 seconds in my car, and a couple others which nas is still dope on, but are on a more acapella tip which throws me off after I jammed The Don on 11 in the whip (song is ridiculous).

Overall very good album, worth the $. Nas doing it better than pretty much everyone in the game, and he's been at it for over 20 years and continues to improve...how many other people can you say that about in hip hop?

Will_B

« Reply #56 on: September 19, 2012, 09:43:49 AM »
I loved the "Untitled" album

One of the last really great rap albums to come out