Author Topic: Kendrick Lamar's "The Recipe" Video Premieres July 10th on VEVO  (Read 588 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

I think I saw a thread a few days ago with someone asking about the video. I just got word that it will premiere July 10th via VEVO.

OG Snoopaveli

Re: Kendrick Lamar's "The Recipe" Video Premieres July 10th on VEVO
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 01:53:00 PM »
dope! thx Nima for the info!

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!

Sccit

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 03:12:42 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wY9DxyKZ5bM" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wY9DxyKZ5bM</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 03:18:49 PM »
If his album ain't coming out until October, I think they let it out of the bag too soon.

Dope ass song. Video should be cool; high budget with Dre.

Si-Chiggedy

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 04:14:34 PM »
Thanks for the info. Still I think it's kinda cheesy to even make an announcement for a video. Aftermath really ain't on time anymore. Not that it's not good to know it's coming out soon, but I find it unnecessary. Just release the fucking video and stop trying to bring the old machinery back up running, that won't work. Nowadays you gotta bring the stuff to the people instead of teasing them with release dates. that might have work til middle of the 00's but times changed.

I really hope they did a good job with the video. And I really hope they don't push his debut album back too much. If they fuck up Kendrick's career I gotta fly to NY and hang Jimmy's ass.
Check out my blog "Love For The West" http://sichill-music.blogspot.com/

And hit me on twitter: http://twitter.com/Si_Chill

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 05:26:57 PM »
Still I think it's kinda cheesy to even make an announcement for a video. Aftermath really ain't on time anymore. Not that it's not good to know it's coming out soon, but I find it unnecessary. Just release the fucking video and stop trying to bring the old machinery back up running, that won't work. Nowadays you gotta bring the stuff to the people instead of teasing them with release dates. that might have work til middle of the 00's but times changed.

Are you serious? This whole internet generation is built on hype. First they'll give you a photo from the studio, then a track name, then the cover art, then a 30 second snippet and then finally the full version of a song! The whole game now is built on hype and anticipation, you can't just throw shit out there because peoples attention span is too short, you have to make them want it first.

Considering the video was only being filmed 4 weeks ago I think the turnaround is pretty good. Hopefully the end product is dope too.

I really hope they did a good job with the video. And I really hope they don't push his debut album back too much. If they fuck up Kendrick's career I gotta fly to NY and hang Jimmy's ass.

Church!  8)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 05:29:10 PM by dubsmith_nz »

escowino

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2012, 05:33:26 PM »
Finally!!!! :)

Eric - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2012, 07:56:14 PM »
Thanks for the info. Still I think it's kinda cheesy to even make an announcement for a video. Aftermath really ain't on time anymore. Not that it's not good to know it's coming out soon, but I find it unnecessary. Just release the fucking video and stop trying to bring the old machinery back up running, that won't work. Nowadays you gotta bring the stuff to the people instead of teasing them with release dates. that might have work til middle of the 00's but times changed.

It wouldn't be Jimmy's fault.

dameons

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2012, 08:52:31 PM »
Not giving a fuck...heard it too many times...Don't care about any cliche' visuals they will put wit it . Let me guess , video will have attention starved wannabe models , a house that is rented out with tons of materialistic value , and a future afterthought named Kendrick  trying to compare himself to real great emcees of days past . Lets get some banging tracks that have some fury behind them... Fuck this Bishop Lamont clone .

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2012, 11:35:52 PM »
Not giving a fuck...heard it too many times...Don't care about any cliche' visuals they will put wit it . Let me guess , video will have attention starved wannabe models , a house that is rented out with tons of materialistic value , and a future afterthought named Kendrick  trying to compare himself to real great emcees of days past . Lets get some banging tracks that have some fury behind them... Fuck this Bishop Lamont clone .

co-sign

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 11:37:12 PM »

co-sign

INGlewood4Life

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 02:14:20 AM »
Dre= :banana_dss:=Jimmy

andre

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 06:53:52 AM »
Nice. Thanks for the info Nima!

These niggas’ll kill for that
Put it in your grill for that