Author Topic: Nash to Lakers!  (Read 2768 times)

Hack Wilson - real

Re: Nash to Lakers!
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 10:53:40 PM »
piss poor bench and four aging starters = no playoff success

Sccit

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 11:40:56 PM »
piss poor bench and four aging starters = no playoff success

Kobe and Nash are not your every day "aging starters"...I agree, though. we do need some added youth and to strengthen our bench, but i have a feeling this is not the last move were gunna see this offseason.

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 12:16:55 AM »
Great addition , Grant Hill likely to follow ... now keeping Pau and trading Drew for the diva makes more sense

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2012, 12:42:21 AM »
That's a big time move. I'm surprised he didn't wind up in New York. Nash was second in assists & had nobody to pass the ball too.

But it could just be me & naturally I can't see every Laker game, but it feels like Kobe is a better scorer when he has the ball, creating for himself opposed to being a spot up shooter. So I don't think it'll help Kobe that much. But certainly helps everyone else out more. & Sessions off the bench, right? Cold.

Now Dwight would be huge because he'd be way more effective in the pick & roll than Bynum would be. It'd be like the '06 Suns all over again.

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 03:09:30 AM »
Good move. But what Lakers really need to do is trade Pau. Can they afford another terrible post season from the big man ? I don't think so.

The Watcher

« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2012, 03:23:51 AM »
nash is a great player .. but i think the lakers and the heat are the only two teams in the NBA who don't need a regular PG. they need someone who can guard PG's on defense, but when it comes to offense the lakers work better with Kobe running the floor and the same for LeBron on the heat

time will tell how it all works out
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

wcsoldier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 12/20/09 - Welcome to the little Anna
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2012, 06:30:44 AM »
nash is a great player .. but i think the lakers and the heat are the only two teams in the NBA who don't need a regular PG. they need someone who can guard PG's on defense, but when it comes to offense the lakers work better with Kobe running the floor and the same for LeBron on the heat

Turning an aging Kobe into a pure scorer is the best thing which could happen to the Lakers .... Kobe isn't in his prime anymore , he can't  both handle the ball handling duties and scoring anymore ... we all saw how it worked last year ...

Sure he will have to adapt but he's a good cutter and shooter coming off screens ..

Best thing Nash will bring is his abilities to create easy baskets ... we had to work every hard for EVERY single basket last season , no easy points

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2012, 08:23:47 AM »
lakers need someone who can break someone down off the dribble, at this point kobes just a jump shooter in his career. Nash has no defense, Thunder are going to once again cum in the lakers hair, speedy pg's are the lakers weakness j.j. barea, russel westbrook they need someone who can stay in front or atleast guide pg's to the help d. D fish is better at Playing D than steve nash lol

Remedy360

« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2012, 08:27:22 AM »

Turning an aging Kobe into a pure scorer is the best thing which could happen to the Lakers .... Kobe isn't in his prime anymore , he can't  both handle the ball handling duties and scoring anymore ... we all saw how it worked last year ...

Sure he will have to adapt but he's a good cutter and shooter coming off screens ..

Best thing Nash will bring is his abilities to create easy baskets ... we had to work every hard for EVERY single basket last season , no easy points

Agreed, Kobe is a good passer when he wants to be but is obviously much more of a scorer. Having a guy that can get easy baskets for the bigs is huge.

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2012, 10:29:24 AM »
Getting Steve Nash is a steal for the Lakers

Like anyone in this town who has ever bitten his knuckles purple at the sight of that pale little floppy-haired guy from Phoenix, I've seen Steve Nash twist and stretch and seriously wrinkle some Lakers uniforms.

But now he's going to actually wear one?

I'm writing this on the night of July 4, but the blasts and sparkles outside my office window can't compare to the cheery bombs bouncing through the pulse of Lakers fans, who might need until dawn's early light to believe this.

A team with a gaping vacancy at point guard just smothered it with a future Hall of Fame point guard. A team that spent last season boring the entertainment capital just acquired one of basketball's best showmen. Naptime just took three quick dribbles toward again becoming Showtime.

Steve Nash is a Laker and, man, is this going to be fun.

Like one of those no-look moves made famous by the man himself, Nash's acquisition Wednesday is stunningly spectacular from a variety of angles.

It allows the Lakers to run the sort of chaotic, choreographed offense that can hang with the turbos from Oklahoma City and San Antonio. It takes the pressure off Kobe Bryant during crunch times that are increasingly crunching him.

And, oh yes, it gives the Lakers the sort of balanced attack that would be attractive to another potential acquisition who was worried about Bryant's ball hogging. No, Steve Nash can't play defense, but that won't matter so much if his presence leads to the acquisition of Dwight Howard, who must surely see that the Lakers are now his best chance for a ring.

The Lakers can and should still acquire Howard too, because Nash stunningly cost them little. They sent Phoenix some draft picks, which is no big deal right now considering the Lakers haven't had a first-round pick since 2007 and have won two titles since then.

They also sent Phoenix the trade exception they acquired in the dumping of Lamar Odom, which leads me to write something as nutty as Nash leading a fastbreak.

Good job, Jimmy Buss. Even if you were initially just trying to save money by trading Odom, you have proved everyone wrong by essentially trading him for Nash.

At first blush, it's amazing that Phoenix would actually allow Nash to negotiate a trade with perhaps the Suns' rival. But then again, if Nash had gone to the Toronto Raptors or the New York Knicks as a free agent, the Suns would have received nothing.

It was a smart deal for Phoenix, an amazing steal for the Lakers, and the coolest of moves for Nash, whose three-year, $27-million Lakers deal is nearly $10 million less than he could have received elsewhere. He told the Suns he wanted to remain near his three children in Phoenix. And he's clearly telling the Lakers that, after spending 16 years in the league without a single appearance in the NBA Finals, he wants desperately to win.

At age 38, is he still spry enough to win? Well, he's not Chris Paul anymore, but he's still got plenty of Steve Nash. He led the league in assists in five of the last eight seasons. And last season, while he averaged only 13 points, his 53% shooting was the second-best percentage of his career.

He's not going to dominate games like he did several years ago in consecutive postseasons against the Lakers. But he can still steer and steady games like few others.

His biggest shortcoming remains that he plays defense like those guys in Spain wave those red capes. While the Lakers now have a brand-new offense, they still don't have anybody to guard Russell Westbrook or Tony Parker.

Mike Brown's defensive wizardry will now be tested, as well as Jimmy Buss' commitment. The Lakers cannot stop here. The Lakers cannot think that Steve Nash alone will bring them a championship. They have one big move left. They know what it must be.

For now, though, it's worth celebrating a trade so swift and strong and smart, not even David Stern could stop it.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2012, 10:45:39 AM »
Nash's playoff track record is proven...guy can't get to the nba finals

Sccit

« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2012, 11:05:14 AM »

cuz he's always been the best on his team...now that hes the 2nd best, watch that change.

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2012, 11:42:43 AM »
Gasol couldn't win a playoff game before he switched teams. Now he has two rings.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2012, 12:00:42 PM »
Gasol couldn't win a playoff game before he switched teams. Now he has two rings.
was gasol a 2 time mvp at the end of his career when he joined the Lakers?

Sccit

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2012, 12:23:38 PM »
was gasol a 2 time mvp at the end of his career when he joined the Lakers?

whats ur point? nash is still putting up great numbers and is in top shape physically...he's a bruce lee type figure with his conditioning and percision. him at 38 is like most players at 28.