Author Topic: Young Gunz- Brothers From Another  (Read 529 times)

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Young Gunz- Brothers From Another
« on: June 27, 2005, 09:35:42 PM »

The Young Gunz approached the media with optimistic views on their new album, although the last album was a solid album, the gunners took a new approach by using the "quality not quantity" move. Young Gunz a while ago said the album was only going to have 12- 14 tracks, because he feels there was no need to use filler songs, and the risk they took may have payed off.

1. Knock Is There- 4/5, typical Rocafella you have start it off with, beat is catchy but basic. The flows are nice and are also very catchy. The hook is very random but its pretty tight.

2. Set It Off- 5/5 the single. This is swizz doin his things, this is your club type song, very nice drum and bassline. I appreciated this song a lot when it came out.

3. Don't Keep Me Waiting (Come Back Soon) ft. 112- 5/5 getting play and it should be, top 3 songs on album, this was soooo smooth and so nicely put together...112 sill got it. Old school feel to the beat and the flow style is unbelievable. Young Gunz are fire.

4. Tonight ft. Daz- 4/5 Yall should know this song by now, it leaked onto this forum a while ago, so no need to put an opinion most of you have heard it

5. Don't Stop (YG Party)- 5/5 craazy song with the nice ass beat, top 5..the beat is what makes it hot, its got a club feel to it.

6. Same Sh** Different Day- 5/5 oooo shheeeee this beat is haaaat, the flows are slowwww but the song is hot. top 5

7. Grown Man, Pt. 2 ft. John Legend - 4/5 i loved grown man pt. 1 but part 2 was kinda drag, cause i dont normally like sequels to songs, cause most originals are better, but this aint that great.

8. Beef- 4/5 i sware this is the slower east coast version of get on my level from trillville, its actually pretty sick. haha i liked it.   

9. It's the Life ft. Pooda Brown- 4/5 ....siiiick beat, very darkish and the flows are clean, it comes raw. Pooda Brown kinda sounds like YG so at first i didnt know which was which.

10. Way It Goes-3/5...ummm averagely made..cool sample kinda. 

11. What We Gotta Do- 2/5...booooooring. 

12. We Still Here ft. Memphis Bleek- 5/5 fresh beat, quick flow, very well put together. haha the song has some type of club gangsta feel. I'd like to see this as a single. Bleek comes good.

I loved the young gunz ever since cant stop wont stop, their last album was great but this album was also great. I suggest if u a rocafella fan, this should be in your player. The beats are really hot, and when u got beats like that flows just sound better. 8/10
1. Dont keep me waiting
2. Set it off
3. Dont Stop YG party
4. We Still Here
5. Same sh!t
« Last Edit: June 30, 2005, 02:23:31 AM by AuThenTic »

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Young Gunz- Brothers From Another
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2005, 02:23:01 AM »
nice to know nobody checks these

Caution2006