Author Topic: Outkast's Aquemini is one of the best albums of all time!  (Read 488 times)

midwestryder

Re: Outkast's Aquemini is one of the best albums of all time!
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2012, 12:51:45 PM »
their first 3 albums = classic

indeed
so damn true .

Agreed.  I would go Atl=aquemini>southernplay.  ATL and Aque are equal to me depending on the type of mood I'm in.  I consider Stankonia as a classic as well.  Bombs over Baghdad the first time I heard it blew me away.
i am so tired of people sleeping on southerplaylistacallidicalmuzik . to me southerplaylistacallidicalmuzik is best work with atliens second & Aqueminiin third. with stankonia being the begin of andre 3000 to start selling out .

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »
their first 3 albums = classic

indeed
so damn true .

Agreed.  I would go Atl=aquemini>southernplay.  ATL and Aque are equal to me depending on the type of mood I'm in.  I consider Stankonia as a classic as well.  Bombs over Baghdad the first time I heard it blew me away.
i am so tired of people sleeping on southerplaylistacallidicalmuzik . to me southerplaylistacallidicalmuzik is best work with atliens second & Aqueminiin third. with stankonia being the begin of andre 3000 to start selling out .

So because I prefer two other albums to Southers which I still like, I'm sleeping on it?  How does that work?

Sccit

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2012, 01:12:17 PM »
I'd say "Stankonia" is a near classic

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2012, 01:26:49 PM »
*Starts bumping Aquemin* 8)

Desert Lord

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2012, 01:32:06 PM »
I can't decide between ATLiens and Aquemini. I lean towards Aquemini because it was a lil more experimental and still a classic album. ATLiens stayed truer to the guidelines of hip hop if ya will which is all good too.

Both albums are in my top 10 no doubt. Nothing else they've done since has touched that level.

yeah! but i think "speakerboxxx/love below" come close
not even close to first 3 albums at all . instead it is there worst

to me it's a classic..."love below" is not a hip hop record, but a really dope creative funk/soul/hiphop fusion album. reminds me of prince mixed with a little bit p funk & rap

Sikotic™

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2012, 01:37:19 PM »
I can't decide between ATLiens and Aquemini. I lean towards Aquemini because it was a lil more experimental and still a classic album. ATLiens stayed truer to the guidelines of hip hop if ya will which is all good too.

Both albums are in my top 10 no doubt. Nothing else they've done since has touched that level.

I would have to disagree with you on that. It's still a solid album and I bumped it to death back when it came out in 04.

I'd say "Stankonia" is a near classic
There last great album.

I'm glad nobody has mentioned Idylwild yet. That album is best left forgotten.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Desert Lord

« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 01:58:13 PM »

I would have to disagree with you on that. It's still a solid album and I bumped it to death back when it came out in 04.

thing is it's not really an outkast album, more like the first solo from big boi and the first solo from dre, so mabye it's hard to compare to the first three outkast albums...but quality-wise it's on the same level imo

soopa-man

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2012, 01:26:31 AM »
I still bump this album it has it's own feel and was a great balance of the first two albums they had they really went left at the time with AtLiens a lot of heads wanted more of that laid back pimp shit... This one still to me is a classic only one joint threw me off that mamacita song fucks up the feel to the album

doggfather

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2012, 03:07:35 AM »

I'm glad nobody has mentioned Idylwild yet. That album is best left forgotten.

that's right!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »
its not so much that the album is overrated lord knows i played it out...but ill be honest rosa parks is my least favorite outkast songs ever actually one of my least fav hip hop records ever and i affiliate this album with that single.

it was formulaic and noisy sounded like a hoedown and i understand thats what they were looking for but that aint my shit.

Sccit

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2012, 11:19:35 AM »
rosa parks is one of my least fav hip hop records ever

thats insane

Sikotic™

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »
Rosa Parks was my shit back in 99.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2012, 09:05:29 PM »
Yes it is! Hip hop don't make instant classics anymore

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2012, 10:11:49 PM »
rosa parks is one of my least fav hip hop records ever

thats insane

just one cats opinion...i hated that song and its easily the worst track on that album imo

Sikotic™

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2012, 10:54:41 PM »
I know a lot of cats who weren't feelin Spottieottiedopaliscious, but that track is probably the most played song on my itunes.

THA SAUCE HOUSE