Author Topic: A$AP Rocky and Spaceghost Purrp need to cut dat shit out ASAP!  (Read 703 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: A$AP Rocky and Spaceghost Purrp need to cut dat shit out ASAP!
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2012, 05:19:09 PM »
But you ain't thinkin out the box tho, u weren't always this age.  There was a time when I fucked with Immature, I probably couldn't listen to that shit today.  Even when they switched to ImX I couldn't fuck wit em, same for Marcus Houston's solo shit.  

If u were 32/33 in 94' u probably were more into Arrested Development and Tribe (and the Rakim's) and that was what u were more receptive to.  I'm not saying that those people didn't fuck with Death Row and them but people listen to shit they can relate to and feel more.  For example, I like Common and DJ Kay Slay but I couldn't ride around listenin to their shit.  It is what it is
in '94 i was a child listening to all that. as a grown man now i appreciate true lyricism nothin' less. LOL @ you not being able to ride around playin' common.

Lol my dude, you're just used to it and grew up inspired by it and that's y u feel that way
word. i'm new or old school i'm true school ya dig.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »
But the 80's and 90's generation had the direct blood of Slaves so I admit that there was a bit of an extra punch packed with the casual EmCee.  It still doesn't change the fact that there was just as much mediocre and garbage music back then that there is now.  

Jazz, Blues, and RnB music has suffered the most, not Rap.  Hip Hop expanded, the other three got watered down (Neo Soul is pretty nice tho)

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2012, 05:22:49 PM »
But you ain't thinkin out the box tho, u weren't always this age.  There was a time when I fucked with Immature, I probably couldn't listen to that shit today.  Even when they switched to ImX I couldn't fuck wit em, same for Marcus Houston's solo shit.  

If u were 32/33 in 94' u probably were more into Arrested Development and Tribe (and the Rakim's) and that was what u were more receptive to.  I'm not saying that those people didn't fuck with Death Row and them but people listen to shit they can relate to and feel more.  For example, I like Common and DJ Kay Slay but I couldn't ride around listenin to their shit.  It is what it is
in '94 i was a child listening to all that. as a grown man now i appreciate true lyricism nothin' less. LOL @ you not being able to ride around playin' common.

Lol my dude, you're just used to it and grew up inspired by it and that's y u feel that way
word. i'm new or old school i'm true school ya dig.

Yes, the Tru Skool is the Real school

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2012, 05:28:23 PM »
But the 80's and 90's generation had the direct blood of Slaves so I admit that there was a bit of an extra punch packed with the casual EmCee.  It still doesn't change the fact that there was just as much mediocre and garbage music back then that there is now.  

Jazz, Blues, and RnB music has suffered the most, not Rap.  Hip Hop expanded, the other three got watered down (Neo Soul is pretty nice tho)
check 'my favorite emcees' thread.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2012, 08:13:05 PM »
I saw that.  I ain't readin thru 11 pages tho, fuck that shit lol

rayallen0

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2012, 10:37:29 PM »
To say hip hop is dead just means you are lazy. With the internet it is impossible not to find a new school rapper u like, resources are fucking amazing comparatively, no excuse to be stuck on some old shit.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2012, 10:53:25 PM »
radiotubes mixes are jammin.

put me onto a lot of shit i normally wouldnt fuck with...some of them are doozies but most of his tapes got the sleeper gems that alot of yall miss on these new cds cuz ur too close minded to try new shit.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2012, 10:55:54 PM »

you losing cred by posting that lmao

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2012, 11:20:49 PM »
then the big question id have to ask you is from who?

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 05:25:30 AM »

put me onto a lot of shit i normally wouldnt fuck with...some of them are doozies but most of his tapes got the sleeper gems that alot of yall miss on these new cds cuz ur too close minded to try new shit.

Thanks P.  I've already got something new brewing as I type

@Ray what you said is the truth

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 06:26:52 AM »
I saw that.  I ain't readin thru 11 pages tho, fuck that shit lol
you don't have to. post your favorite emcees.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 06:32:05 AM »
To say hip hop is dead just means you are lazy. With the internet it is impossible not to find a new school rapper u like, resources are fucking amazing comparatively, no excuse to be stuck on some old shit.
for the record i didn't say it was dead but if niggas like asap rocky, odd future, spaceghost, and all these funny ass niggas is the future of the genre than it may as well be dead. there are a lot of new cats i'm bumpin', one of my favorite emcees is fairly new.

rayallen0

« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »
for the record i didn't say it was dead but if niggas like asap rocky, odd future, spaceghost, and all these funny ass niggas is the future of the genre than it may as well be dead. there are a lot of new cats i'm bumpin', one of my favorite emcees is fairly new.
was just speaking in general. but other people have diff taste, i am not a huge fan of any of the 3 but i do like Frank Ocean (member of OF), you know that already no need to get into a heated argument. and also like a few asap & tyler songs.

but I mean i love Kendrick Lamar, Dom Kennedy, Lupe Fiasco, Big K.R.I.T., etc.. so instead of focusing on the artists i dislike I just bump the shit I find dope and not give any shine or mention to the wack ones. Do you, just speaking for myself.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »
was just speaking in general. but other people have diff taste, i am not a huge fan of any of the 3 but i do like Frank Ocean (member of OF), you know that already no need to get into a heated argument. and also like a few asap & tyler songs.

but I mean i love Kendrick Lamar, Dom Kennedy, Lupe Fiasco, Big K.R.I.T., etc.. so instead of focusing on the artists i dislike I just bump the shit I find dope and not give any shine or mention to the wack ones. Do you, just speaking for myself.
there you go !!!!! krit is a perfect example of the future of hip hop. even scarface said dude could last 25 years in hip hop.....longevity !!!!!!!! some of these kids out now, in a few years they'll be gone. not dissin' the new gen but, most of them just don't have skills imo.

rayallen0

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2012, 11:01:32 AM »
id say a good # wont last including some with skill who just never make it, the internet has made everybody think they are a rapper so we are showered with wack shit the radio is payed to play and we see some shitty ass rappers getting big ass features.