Author Topic: do any of you actually think NAS was at any point a better MC than RAKIM?!!?  (Read 900 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

^^^^ better than any NAS song the past 10 years and rakim put it out when he was deemed "irrelevant"

the nas is GOAT talk is internet fiction and it gets worse and worse as time goes... ask anyone that saw illmatic come and go... at the end of the day nas is under achiever and rakim set an impossible bar of excellence...........

How surprising, another song about nothing...I can't front though, its the only decent song on the album...probably cause the nigga is playing the part of a poor man's Canibus on this track...

^^^^better than any Rakim song the past 10 years...And Nas just dropped it...

How can Rakim have set an impossible bar of excellence when G Rap was exceeding that bar at damn near the same time? Rakim was rapping about nothing on his classic albums so there was nowhere to go but up...he ain't even the best rapper in the 80s so kill that Nas comparison...

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Nas is far more interestin than Rakim is today as an mc & artist overall

BIGWORM

Mix Kool-G-Rap & Rakim's style and it = NAS

Illmatic was one of the best albums ever but no way is Nas better then Rakim....

Triple OG Rapsodie

So I out-angried the angry dude. I guess I still got it  8)

Remedy360

Mix Kool-G-Rap & Rakim's style and it = NAS

Illmatic was one of the best albums ever but no way is Nas better then Rakim....

In his prime I still like Rakim more, but Nas is easily the better MC today.

sofdark

^^^^ better than any NAS song the past 10 years and rakim put it out when he was deemed "irrelevant"

the nas is GOAT talk is internet fiction and it gets worse and worse as time goes... ask anyone that saw illmatic come and go... at the end of the day nas is under achiever and rakim set an impossible bar of excellence...........

Thats the only song in the album that's decent enough to listen. Seventh Seal is garbage.

Sikotic™

I could give a fuck about the back-and-forth "who is better" bullshit. I just like Nas' shit more than Rakim. Rakim is dope too of course, but if I gotta go on a deserted island and gotta pic between a Nas or a Rakim CD, I'm going with Nas.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hack Wilson - real

Thats the only song in the album that's decent enough to listen. Seventh Seal is garbage.

yeah  and even that song is pretty over rated tbh

GangstaBoogy

People are always afraid to give more credit to the young gun than they give to the vet. Its the same old 'let's hate Kobe because he really is as good as Jordan' theory. Truth be told, yes Nas is better than Rakim. That's not disrespecting Rakim, if anything it goes to show how influental and important his role was in Hip-Hop. He was so great that his style birthed the GOAT. If one day somebody else comes along and takes Nas' style to the next level then pass the torch to him.

Hip-Hop fans we gotta stop trying to keep these names in certain spots forever, it stagnates the genre. By no means am I saying lets throw Kanye, Lil Wayne, Drake, or any of these hot-at-the-moment dudes on the all time list, but if you think Nas > Rakim or Jay-Z > Scarface or Eminem > Krs-One, those are fair opinions.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
This is something I've wrestled with for a while, what exactly does Nas have to put out before I call him better than Rakim. Well I rank Rakim over 2Pac, and I don't have Nas over 2Pac, not even close. Although I have been thinking about 2Pac>Rakim because all the shit 'Pac made before he died and the quality it was for recording that much music. But I have always had Nas, 2Pac and Rakim as the Holy Trinity of Hip-Hop.

Rakim the father God MC
Nas, God's Son
2Pac, the Holy Spirit.

Sccit

Rakim=MJ
Nas=Kobe

midwestryder

Rakim=MJ
Nas=Kobe
that's right & no one is better the MJ including kobe !

Hack Wilson - real

Rakim=MJ
Nas=Kobe

Bill Russell

Sccit

Rakim=MJ
Nas=Kobe

both legends in their own regard...there is no "greatest", they both the best at what they do. one could argue either way.

Hack Wilson - real

Rakim=MJ
Nas=Kobe

both legends in their own regard...there is no "greatest", they both the best at what they do. one could argue either way.

laughable

nobody takes Kobe over MJ :)