Author Topic: What's Good Wit Xzibit ?  (Read 1352 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: What's Good Wit Xzibit ?
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 11:52:55 AM »
Some new Xzibit is what the game needs.

He's about he only heavyweight the West has left

How do figure that? I believe the material would be nice but nobody would give a shit and he would sell 567 copies in the first week.

So exactly how does the game need that? and Im not just talkin sales but do you really believe it would create an impact?
if he has dr. dre producing for him he has some impact somewhere.

dubcc doesnt count
wit the proper push he could atleast go gold.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2012, 11:53:35 AM »
lol @ "heavyweight". X hasnt been relevant in the mainstream since like 2002 wit "Man Vs Machine"

LOL at the mainstream = what makes a good MC

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2012, 11:54:08 AM »
lol @ "heavyweight". X hasnt been relevant in the mainstream since like 2002 wit "Man Vs Machine"
he still relevant as far as west coast hip hop is concerned.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

KC-HOODSTA

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2012, 12:01:35 PM »
xzibit aint droppin no gold album. his career in my opinion is kinda over. he should just give up the mainstream appeal and give us some at the speed of light shit! stya underground.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2012, 12:03:13 PM »

i dont think so. Xzibit hasnt been relevant in teh media/mainstream  or even hiphop-cricles for a longass time. not a "heavyweight" anymore

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2012, 12:04:59 PM »

i dont think so. Xzibit hasnt been relevant in teh media/mainstream  or even hiphop-cricles for a longass time. not a "heavyweight" anymore

he was just in the art of rap.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2012, 12:06:18 PM »

How do figure that? I believe the material would be nice but nobody would give a shit and he would sell 567 copies in the first week.

So exactly how does the game need that? and Im not just talkin sales but do you really believe it would create an impact?

Just my 2cents

So name a few MC's you rate over Xzibit......who you'd rather hear drop an album

I agree with you. The album will be dope and X can still spit. But there will be no impact. Not on the charts, It wont get him on tour, No buzz will be created... Nobody will even talk about it except for maybe a few forums but uuhm.. yeah..

As far as other rappers who I would want to drop an album to make an impact / get the west some real attention...
I would say a Game album with real backing, a Kendrick Lamar album and a Black Hippy album with proper backing as well.

Other than that I dont see anybody who could do it. Maybe that 1st generation shit? but not really sure on that. I wouldnt put my money on it.

Will_B

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2012, 12:17:38 PM »

Just my 2cents

So name a few MC's you rate over Xzibit......who you'd rather hear drop an album

I agree with you. The album will be dope and X can still spit. But there will be no impact. Not on the charts, It wont get him on tour, No buzz will be created... Nobody will even talk about it except for maybe a few forums but uuhm.. yeah..

As far as other rappers who I would want to drop an album to make an impact / get the west some real attention...
I would say a Game album with real backing, a Kendrick Lamar album and a Black Hippy album with proper backing as well.

Other than that I dont see anybody who could do it. Maybe that 1st generation shit? but not really sure on that. I wouldnt put my money on it.

I disagree about no 'no buzz, no talk except on forums etc' Xzibit still has appeal. If you're saying those other acts can do well 'with good backing' the same could be said for pretty much any artist. Xzibit can still bring it. First and formost he needs to focus on making good music, in the age of social networking etc. the buzz will follow.

And 1st Generation hasn't got a hope in hell of doing anything but nostalgia touring and some CD sales to collectors and shit. I love those guys but their impact will be zero in the scheme of things
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:20:12 PM by P.R.O.M.E.T.H.E.U.S »

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2012, 12:30:56 PM »

Just my 2cents

I disagree about no 'no buzz, no talk except on forums etc' Xzibit still has appeal. If you're saying those other acts can do well 'with good backing' the same could be said for pretty much any artist. Xzibit can still bring it. First and formost he needs to focus on making good music, in the age of social networking etc. the buzz will follow.

And 1st Generation hasn't got a hope in hell of doing anything but nostalgia touring and some CD sales to collectors and shit. I love those guys but their impact will be zero in the scheme of things

Well X did put out some singles a few years ago and absolutely nothing happened? I think it will be the same this time.
The dudes I mentioned could do way better with some backing because they already have fans/followers IRL and on the internet. I know X has fans too but he is soooooooo far below the radar.
And their stuff is more recent thats why I think it would be easier for them to create that real impact.
No new fan of hip-hop bumps Best Of Things, Front 2 Back, Paparazzi etc. today but they do bump How We Do, Hol Up, Rigamortis etc. etc.

I think the problem though with most rappers today are the fact that they are all fuckin junkies. Like that 1st Generation group.. Look at all those names... but all they do (Im guessin here and also judging from the videos weve seen) is smoke weed all day and freestyle whenever they are awake. lol
I bet you Wiz Khalifa could not tell you off the head when his debut album dropped. lol

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »

Just my 2cents

Well X did put out some singles a few years ago and absolutely nothing happened? I think it will be the same this time.
The dudes I mentioned could do way better with some backing because they already have fans/followers IRL and on the internet. I know X has fans too but he is soooooooo far below the radar.
And their stuff is more recent thats why I think it would be easier for them to create that real impact.
No new fan of hip-hop bumps Best Of Things, Front 2 Back, Paparazzi etc. today but they do bump How We Do, Hol Up, Rigamortis etc. etc.

I think the problem though with most rappers today are the fact that they are all fuckin junkies. Like that 1st Generation group.. Look at all those names... but all they do (Im guessin here and also judging from the videos weve seen) is smoke weed all day and freestyle whenever they are awake. lol
I bet you Wiz Khalifa could not tell you off the head when his debut album dropped. lol
maybe a new hip hop fan not a hip hop fan though.

Will_B

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2012, 12:42:19 PM »

Just my 2cents

Lol yeah I think a lot of rappers are just coasting along, complaining bout low sales but still hoping to be the 'next big thing' again (like whoever) off the internet buzz train...but it doesn't work like that. Unless you're an internet trend like Kreayshawn who'll be forgotten eventually. The only way these guys will blow up again is working hard on their pen game and working with real producers not beat-makers IMO.

And some artists can have a huge following online but still be on the breadline (like Crooked I) coz he's got the type of fans that don't pay for their music - otherwise he would have dropped an album long ago.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:45:18 PM by P.R.O.M.E.T.H.E.U.S »

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2012, 12:45:39 PM »
dude hasnt even been in a Hollwyood-movie since like 2007.
he's done

lol at "still has appeal in the mainstream"

Will_B

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2012, 12:51:49 PM »
dude hasnt even been in a Hollwyood-movie since like 2007.

I thought you were a film fan Mikel

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2012, 01:06:14 PM »

Just my 2cents

Lol yeah I think a lot of rappers are just coasting along, complaining bout low sales but still hoping to be the 'next big thing' again (like whoever) off the internet buzz train...but it doesn't work like that. Unless you're an internet trend like Kreayshawn who'll be forgotten eventually. The only way these guys will blow up again is working hard on their pen game and working with real producers not beat-makers IMO.

And some artists can have a huge following online but still be on the breadline (like Crooked I) coz he's got the type of fans that don't pay for their music - otherwise he would have dropped an album long ago.

Truth. Imagine if a few years back all Joe Buddens internet soldier bought his shit.. daaaamn.. REAL private jets not like the one in the My Life video. lol

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2012, 01:09:28 PM »
so, X is a celebrity to u, cuz he had a small role in a  Nic Cage movie from 2009?

Xzibit is bankrupt, the only thing he has to worry about is his bankbalance, not his career.
if u believe that X is a major ballplayer in the industry today, u are desiluisoned

the last time he had it crackin on the charts was during the Dr Dre-heyday, "man vs machine" (that was 10 years ago), n hes strugglin as an actor in Hollwyood. hardly gets roles, save an occasional part in a straight-to-dvd or independent filmrelease evry now n then