Author Topic: What's Good Wit Xzibit ?  (Read 1332 times)

Technochronic1

• Lil Geezy
Re: What's Good Wit Xzibit ?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2012, 01:11:24 PM »
Some new Xzibit is what the game needs.

He's about he only heavyweight the West has left

one of the only older rappers ( to hit mainstream ) that can still spit , but he needs a dope producer to give him a direction for the album .

Will_B

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »
so, X is a celebrity to u, cuz he had a small role in a  Nic Cage movie from 2009?

Xzibit is bankrupt, the only thing he has to worry about is his bankbalance, not his career.
if u believe that X is a major ballplayer in the industry today, u are desiluisoned

the last time he had it crackin on the charts was during the Dr Dre-heyday, "man vs machine" (that was 10 years ago), n hes strugglin as an actor in Hollwyood. hardly gets roles, save an occasional part in a straight-to-dvd or independent filmrelease evry now n then

In answer to the small part of your post that relates to music..Xzibit is a West Coast heavyweight spitter. As I originally said.

I'd take an Xzibit album over the majority of so called artists coming out of the West. Including the 'nostalgia rap' coming from the DPG camp, the myth that is Detox, anything Eminem does with Rihanna in the pop charts, and that guy 'I would be nothing without Dr. Dre' The Game. Only other dude from the West that deserves his props in a major way is Madlib (obviously he's primarily a producer though). And E-40 for keeping his grind on all these years.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:29:21 PM by P.R.O.M.E.T.H.E.U.S »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2012, 01:32:27 PM »
so, X is a celebrity to u, cuz he had a small role in a  Nic Cage movie from 2009?

Xzibit is bankrupt, the only thing he has to worry about is his bankbalance, not his career.
if u believe that X is a major ballplayer in the industry today, u are desiluisoned

the last time he had it crackin on the charts was during the Dr Dre-heyday, "man vs machine" (that was 10 years ago), n hes strugglin as an actor in Hollwyood. hardly gets roles, save an occasional part in a straight-to-dvd or independent filmrelease evry now n then

In answer to the small part of your post that relates to music..Xzibit is a West Coast heavyweight spitter. As I originally said.

I'd take an Xzibit album over the majority of so called artists coming out of the West. Including the 'nostalgia rap' coming from the DPG camp, the myth that is Detox, anything Eminem does with Rihanna in the pop charts, and that guy 'I would be nothing without Dr. Dre' The Game. Only other dude from the West that deserves his props in a major way is Madlib (obviously he's primarily a producer though). And E-40 for keeping his grind on all these years.
it's crazy madlib don't get his props.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2012, 02:14:41 PM »

How do figure that? I believe the material would be nice but nobody would give a shit and he would sell 567 copies in the first week.

So exactly how does the game need that? and Im not just talkin sales but do you really believe it would create an impact?

Just my 2cents

So name a few MC's you rate over Xzibit......who you'd rather hear drop an album

I agree with you. The album will be dope and X can still spit. But there will be no impact. Not on the charts, It wont get him on tour, No buzz will be created... Nobody will even talk about it except for maybe a few forums but uuhm.. yeah..

As far as other rappers who I would want to drop an album to make an impact / get the west some real attention...
I would say a Game album with real backing, a Kendrick Lamar album and a Black Hippy album with proper backing as well.

Other than that I dont see anybody who could do it. Maybe that 1st generation shit? but not really sure on that. I wouldnt put my money on it.

I disagree about no 'no buzz, no talk except on forums etc' Xzibit still has appeal. If you're saying those other acts can do well 'with good backing' the same could be said for pretty much any artist. Xzibit can still bring it. First and formost he needs to focus on making good music, in the age of social networking etc. the buzz will follow.

And 1st Generation hasn't got a hope in hell of doing anything but nostalgia touring and some CD sales to collectors and shit. I love those guys but their impact will be zero in the scheme of things

Well X did put out some singles a few years ago and absolutely nothing happened? I think it will be the same this time.
The dudes I mentioned could do way better with some backing because they already have fans/followers IRL and on the internet. I know X has fans too but he is soooooooo far below the radar.
And their stuff is more recent thats why I think it would be easier for them to create that real impact.
No new fan of hip-hop bumps Best Of Things, Front 2 Back, Paparazzi etc. today but they do bump How We Do, Hol Up, Rigamortis etc. etc.

I think the problem though with most rappers today are the fact that they are all fuckin junkies. Like that 1st Generation group.. Look at all those names... but all they do (Im guessin here and also judging from the videos weve seen) is smoke weed all day and freestyle whenever they are awake. lol
I bet you Wiz Khalifa could not tell you off the head when his debut album dropped. lol

Lol yeah I think a lot of rappers are just coasting along, complaining bout low sales but still hoping to be the 'next big thing' again (like whoever) off the internet buzz train...but it doesn't work like that. Unless you're an internet trend like Kreayshawn who'll be forgotten eventually. The only way these guys will blow up again is working hard on their pen game and working with real producers not beat-makers IMO.

And some artists can have a huge following online but still be on the breadline (like Crooked I) coz he's got the type of fans that don't pay for their music - otherwise he would have dropped an album long ago.
true. i be peepin' muthafuckas twitter pages and shit and they can have like 2 or 3 million followers and sell like 90k. if you don't go out and support your favorite artists shame on you.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Will_B

« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »

How do figure that? I believe the material would be nice but nobody would give a shit and he would sell 567 copies in the first week.

So exactly how does the game need that? and Im not just talkin sales but do you really believe it would create an impact?

Just my 2cents

So name a few MC's you rate over Xzibit......who you'd rather hear drop an album

I agree with you. The album will be dope and X can still spit. But there will be no impact. Not on the charts, It wont get him on tour, No buzz will be created... Nobody will even talk about it except for maybe a few forums but uuhm.. yeah..

As far as other rappers who I would want to drop an album to make an impact / get the west some real attention...
I would say a Game album with real backing, a Kendrick Lamar album and a Black Hippy album with proper backing as well.

Other than that I dont see anybody who could do it. Maybe that 1st generation shit? but not really sure on that. I wouldnt put my money on it.

I disagree about no 'no buzz, no talk except on forums etc' Xzibit still has appeal. If you're saying those other acts can do well 'with good backing' the same could be said for pretty much any artist. Xzibit can still bring it. First and formost he needs to focus on making good music, in the age of social networking etc. the buzz will follow.

And 1st Generation hasn't got a hope in hell of doing anything but nostalgia touring and some CD sales to collectors and shit. I love those guys but their impact will be zero in the scheme of things

Well X did put out some singles a few years ago and absolutely nothing happened? I think it will be the same this time.
The dudes I mentioned could do way better with some backing because they already have fans/followers IRL and on the internet. I know X has fans too but he is soooooooo far below the radar.
And their stuff is more recent thats why I think it would be easier for them to create that real impact.
No new fan of hip-hop bumps Best Of Things, Front 2 Back, Paparazzi etc. today but they do bump How We Do, Hol Up, Rigamortis etc. etc.

I think the problem though with most rappers today are the fact that they are all fuckin junkies. Like that 1st Generation group.. Look at all those names... but all they do (Im guessin here and also judging from the videos weve seen) is smoke weed all day and freestyle whenever they are awake. lol
I bet you Wiz Khalifa could not tell you off the head when his debut album dropped. lol

Lol yeah I think a lot of rappers are just coasting along, complaining bout low sales but still hoping to be the 'next big thing' again (like whoever) off the internet buzz train...but it doesn't work like that. Unless you're an internet trend like Kreayshawn who'll be forgotten eventually. The only way these guys will blow up again is working hard on their pen game and working with real producers not beat-makers IMO.

And some artists can have a huge following online but still be on the breadline (like Crooked I) coz he's got the type of fans that don't pay for their music - otherwise he would have dropped an album long ago.
true. i be peepin' muthafuckas twitter pages and shit and they can have like 2 or 3 million followers and sell like 90k. if you don't go out and support your favorite artists shame on you.

This. Internet self proclaimed 'hiphop headz' spending their whole lives online.. bumpin music and talking bout their favourites, but wont spend a single $ on music

How are people expected to eat when everyone else wants a piece of the pie for nothin

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2012, 02:20:04 PM »

one of the only older rappers ( to hit mainstream ) that can still spit , but he needs a dope producer to give him a direction for the album .
word. he definitely needs great production and like you said direction because he's an exceptional lyricist he just gotta put together a cohesive record.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2012, 02:27:37 PM »

Just my 2cents

This. Internet self proclaimed 'hiphop headz' spending their whole lives online.. bumpin music and talking bout their favourites, but wont spend a single $ on music

How are people expected to eat when everyone else wants a piece of the pie for nothin
they go and cop the bullshit instead.

LostAngel

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton...
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2012, 02:48:13 PM »

Oh, the hate...
Let me get it straight, X is working on this album since 07' and believe me, he got bunch of so-called "mainstream" cats on there. Getting Dre back on his album is tight, but let me remind you, X had 4 songs produced by Dre for his WOMD album, and none of them did the album. Why? None of them were in final mix, so he didn't felt them. Saying that he needs some "mainstream" cats on there to bring himself back on map is so wrong. Remember back in 2000-2001 everybody wanted him on a song, he did over 100 guest appearences, so it means guy can spit. I think he paid his taxes, or else how could he pay for productions on the album. He's starring in the new movie about catching Bin Laden, he got also new movie where's Slim The Mobster called "Get Money", and he's ready to drop his album. About the tracks he did before (Phenom, Hurt Locker, HFOU) they were "internet singles" they never meant to be on the MTV or some other TV channel, but it got large amount of radio play. With this album, production and guest appearances he's gon be back where he belongs. Trust me.
I believe Dr.Dre should own Compton, Dr.Dre said X Man you're onto somethig...

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2012, 04:32:00 PM »
he's gon be back where he belongs. Trust me.

i doubt it. Dre-production doesnt equal guaranteed success in 2012. thats a naive way of thinking.
besides, X owes over 1 million $ in tax evasion.
 last thing on his mind is probly his career (which has staggered since 2002)
only reason he blew up was cuz Em and Dre co-signed back in the day when the "Up In Smoke Tour/Chronic 2001"-things popped off n raped the game, n he managed to keep the spotlight on him for a few years when "pimp my ride" was crackin.
today - he stars in independent straight-to-dvd crap & he'll probly sell verses for 500$ soon, he's not a mainstream phenomenon anymore.

Xzibit is a dope artsit, but if ur waitin for him to come back n "save teh west" u'll probly be disapointed.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2012, 05:31:56 PM »

He's starring in the new movie about catching Bin Laden,

LOL they already doin that? How lame. Still cannot believe the american people actually think they caught and shot him.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2012, 05:40:44 PM »

He's starring in the new movie about catching Bin Laden,

LOL they already doin that? How lame. Still cannot believe the american people actually think they caught and shot him.

that's not a bad concept at all.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2012, 11:59:56 PM »

"Hey Now/Mean Mugging" from WOMD got plenty of radio and video play. X just killed his own commercial appeal by pulling aDre and not dropping an.album and fuck all music for 5+ years.

I was at a show of his last year, was a small club venue and it.didn't even sell out. There was no promotion though and I think.that's X's biggest problem, a lack of marketing.

He can still spit though so I'm looking forward to the album

Will_B

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2012, 02:34:24 AM »
Xzibit is a dope artsit, but if ur waitin for him to come back n "save teh west" u'll probly be disapointed.

No current artist can 'can save the west' - you'd either need a collaborative effort, similar to Dre's 2001....and we're talking at least as good or better. Or a totally new artist who would have to literally be the reincarnation of Eazy-E.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2012, 06:26:56 AM »

No current artist can 'can save the west' - you'd either need a collaborative effort, similar to Dre's 2001....and we're talking at least as good or better. Or a totally new artist who would have to literally be the reincarnation of Eazy-E.
pretty much.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2012, 03:33:29 PM »

"Hey Now/Mean Mugging" from WOMD got plenty of radio and video play. X just killed his own commercial appeal by pulling aDre and not dropping an.album and fuck all music for 5+ years.

I was at a show of his last year, was a small club venue and it.didn't even sell out. There was no promotion though and I think.that's X's biggest problem, a lack of marketing.

He can still spit though so I'm looking forward to the album
i agree.