Author Topic: " It was a very, very competitive game by our best player."-Coach K about lebron  (Read 897 times)

Sccit

the NBA is a perimeter oriented league now....Jordan had it easy.

i once heard on Outside the Lines that it's because Stern wanted more white stars

no...it's cuz high-flyng perimeter players are more marketable than centers.

Shaq was one of the most marketable athletes ever though

shaq was the exception...but his shoes never sold on the level of mj, kobe, lbj, etc.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss

i once heard on Outside the Lines that it's because Stern wanted more white stars

shaq was the exception...but his shoes never sold on the level of mj, kobe, lbj, etc.

shaq purposely didnt go into the high end shoe game.

as a kid, his father had to use his whole weeks paycheck to get him the new J's, so when he made his shoes he purposely made it so it can be affordable.

it was in his book,

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

teecee

Shooting guard Is almost as weak as centre though

Sccit

Shooting guard Is almost as weak as centre though

well, wing players are wing players...theres no difference, really. small forwards guard shooting guards and vice versa. theyre pretty much interchangeable, a lot of the time. in terms of eras, the 90s was a post-oriented league, while this era is perimeter-oriented, and then some..

Sccit

shaq purposely didnt go into the high end shoe game.

as a kid, his father had to use his whole weeks paycheck to get him the new J's, so when he made his shoes he purposely made it so it can be affordable.

it was in his book,

bullshit cop-out...he came out with high end reeboks, but no one bought them.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
People would have bought the Reeboks if they weren't so ugly. That hypnotic look was not cool. But once he joined the Lakers and left Reebok, his shoes at Target were on point. I had a couple of pairs and they looked waaay better than the Reebok shoes. And 1/3 the price.

As for Shaq, in 1996 he was at his best, his presents did not allow international teams to spread the floor and that threw the other teams off their game. As time went on and our big men were not as good or dominate as Shaq then our big men had to adjust to the international style. Bosh was great at adjusting, and if we had him and Durant on the same team then our team would be able to out play the international teams in their own game.

As for the lack of big men, I just think basketball players don't want to be labeled as big men. The Perkins, Bynums and Howards are very far and few between now. Most want to be seen as a big man that can do more than post up, and in fact Howard doesn't post anyone up. The game is changing to a faster pace game, players want to have YouTube highlight videos, centers are now smaller and can shoot outside. The NBA game is becoming more international style, and with more international players. Players like Pau, Dirk and others changed the way the game is played. People like Bosh adjust. It's just different now. In the end of the day though, I still think Team USA wins, not because of how great they are but because I don't see the international teams being as stacked as they were in 2008.

Hack Wilson - real

As for Shaq, in 1996 he was at his best, his presents

presence

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
I agree with NIK. It's all about marketability. Jordan is still the top brand of shoes. Plus it's more enjoyable for the fans to see high flyers & people capable of making shots Jordan did.

Big men are just boring to watch. Dwight is an exception because he can fly with the wing players.

Remedy360

I agree with NIK. It's all about marketability. Jordan is still the top brand of shoes. Plus it's more enjoyable for the fans to see high flyers & people capable of making shots Jordan did.

Big men are just boring to watch. Dwight is an exception because he can fly with the wing players.

Yeah, it's obvious. I mean, when kids are hooping with their friends who are they going to try and emulate? Jordan or Shaq? lol

Hack Wilson - real

Yeah, it's obvious. I mean, when kids are hooping with their friends who are they going to try and emulate? Jordan or Shaq? lol

Shaq  8)

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
kobes game reminds me of karl malone now lol its tough watching him all slow footed like that

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
kobes game reminds me of karl malone now lol its tough watching him all slow footed like that

yea about a year or 2 ago, he actually lost that first step, that barkley insisted he lost it in 06

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

Sccit

yea about a year or 2 ago, he actually lost that first step, that barkley insisted he lost it in 06

pretty impressive that he led the league in scoring without that first step, tho..