Author Topic: About to venture into a 4 Hour Nas Life Is Good Listening Session...  (Read 1004 times)

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
Album came out today I'm about to go by the MP3 album at Amazon then the physical deluxe copy next time I'm at the store.   

...I'll let you know how the listening session goes, whole album start to finish with not even a break to use the restroom!  LET'S GET IT!!  8) 8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Blasphemy (A)

Re: About to venture into a 4 Hour Nas Life Is Good Listening Session...
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 06:17:45 PM »
You know 2pac hated NAS right? So everytime you listen to NAS you're taking a piss all over 2pacs grave.   :laugh:

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: About to venture into a 2 Hour Nas Life Is Good Listening Session...
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:55:00 PM »
Listening session is now complete.. so I can come back down to Earth now... Great album, about as great as we could hope for from Nas at this stage in his career.   

The album reminded me some of Eminem's "The Eminem Show" and let me tell you why.  "The Eminem Show" was a classic album, and this album was not a classic, but possibly a near-classic album.  "The Eminem Show" was fully produced and a very high-quality clean sound to it, with raw lyrics underneathe it.  So the combination of high sounding production with fierce lyricism.   Sort of like mixing Wu-tang with Mozart, not to that level but you get the idea. 

Also, the album is a very personal album much like the Eminem Show.  It's a rapper with nothing left to prove, so he turns inward and writes personal narratives almost for self-entertainment.  Stimulating subjects, wide variety of thoughts and ideas expressed.  It's not like his It Was Written album where he stays on one topic (Mafioso) and beats it to death.  It's also not really a concept album like the Nigger album or the Hip-Hop Is Dead album.   It's somewhere in between.  Here's where it ranks compared to the rest of Nas albums. 

Illmatic
God's Son
Stillmatic
Hip-Hop Is Dead
Distant Relatives

Life Is Good

It Was Written
Lost Tapes
Nigger
...and the rest (his flops)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 08:56:01 PM »
You know 2pac hated NAS right? So everytime you listen to NAS you're taking a piss all over 2pacs grave.   :laugh:

Replace Nas name with Jay-Z, and suddenly I agree with you

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 10:19:26 PM »
Brian is so boring.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 10:30:52 PM »
Listening session is now complete.. so I can come back down to Earth now... Great album, about as great as we could hope for from Nas at this stage in his career.   

The album reminded me some of Eminem's "The Eminem Show" and let me tell you why.  "The Eminem Show" was a classic album, and this album was not a classic, but possibly a near-classic album.  "The Eminem Show" was fully produced and a very high-quality clean sound to it, with raw lyrics underneathe it.  So the combination of high sounding production with fierce lyricism.   Sort of like mixing Wu-tang with Mozart, not to that level but you get the idea. 

Also, the album is a very personal album much like the Eminem Show.  It's a rapper with nothing left to prove, so he turns inward and writes personal narratives almost for self-entertainment.  Stimulating subjects, wide variety of thoughts and ideas expressed.  It's not like his It Was Written album where he stays on one topic (Mafioso) and beats it to death.  It's also not really a concept album like the Nigger album or the Hip-Hop Is Dead album.   It's somewhere in between.  Here's where it ranks compared to the rest of Nas albums. 

Illmatic
God's Son
Stillmatic
Hip-Hop Is Dead
Distant Relatives

Life Is Good

It Was Written
Lost Tapes
Nigger

Didn't you have God's Son ahead of illmatic a while back?

Blasphemy (A)

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 10:35:22 PM »
You know 2pac hated NAS right? So everytime you listen to NAS you're taking a piss all over 2pacs grave.   :laugh:

Replace Nas name with Jay-Z, and suddenly I agree with you

You do know it was both right? or what brian you can't even accept nor allow a dead black guy his choices in his life? Damn why don't you just just dig up tupac give his ass 20 lashings for doing what he did.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 10:38:29 PM by Blasphemy (A) »

MistaNova

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2012, 01:43:59 AM »
Jay-Z > Nas

rayallen0

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 02:05:06 AM »
Lol @ not liking jay cuz a dead man bi polar person didn't like him.

Anyways there is already a fucking thread on the album. Post this there, u don't need ur own threads fpto give your opinion you attention starved mad man.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 02:23:07 AM by rayallen0 »

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2012, 08:03:35 AM »
Lost Tapes arguably better than Illmatic HHID sucked so did this new album. You didnt even put Streets Disciple his  most mature n underrated album. Your list is all fucked.

Cormega >>> Nas/Gay-Z
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 11:44:42 AM »

Didn't you have God's Son ahead of illmatic a while back?

Ahhh that was kind of an overly emotional post.  Every winter when I first see the snow on the ground I have to listen to the God's Son album and I remember December 2002 when the album dropped which was a really emotional time for me, and Nas did the album after his mom's passing and it just really connects with me when I'm in that mode.  But most times of the year I would have to admit that Illmatic is clearly the superior album.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 12:38:55 AM »

Illmatic
God's Son
Stillmatic
Hip-Hop Is Dead
Distant Relatives

Life Is Good

It Was Written
Lost Tapes
Nigger

Opinions are opinions. Can't hate, but personally, my Nas list looks like this...

The Lost Tapes
Illmatic
Nigger
Stillmatic
It Was Written
Hip Hop is Dead
God's Son
I Am = Nastradamus
Street's Disciple

Life is Good isn't on there cuz I haven't had a chance to listen. I was gonna download it but I said fuck it ima do this the old fashioned way. I'm gonna buy the deluxe copy tomorrow after work and go for a nice drive by myself to listen to it.

But I gotta say, Nas is officially the single greatest rapper of all time in my opinion. I used to say him and Cube were a toss-up but Cube (much like Snoop and DPG) is ruining his legacy on the tailend of his career with the bullshit he's dropping. Had he just hung it up after Laugh Now, Cry Later, his catalog doesn't look so bad.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2012, 10:06:59 AM »
to quote one of my favorite emcees: nas album ain't fuckin' wit sleepwalkers.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2012, 10:44:44 AM »
to quote one of my favorite emcees: nas album ain't fuckin' wit sleepwalkers.

These groupies dont know no better. Some were prepared to call this a classic no matter what it sounded like. Last 3 Nas albums have been filled with odd beats and no inspiration. He sounds bored with rap. Hes fallin off and its like people are in denial about it.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2012, 11:25:04 AM »
Last 3 Nas albums have been filled with odd beats and no inspiration. He sounds bored with rap. Hes fallin off and its like people are in denial about it.

Sorry but this is a moronic statement. His last 3 albums feel like he's the most inspired he's ever been.