Author Topic: About to venture into a 4 Hour Nas Life Is Good Listening Session...  (Read 999 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: About to venture into a 4 Hour Nas Life Is Good Listening Session...
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2012, 11:56:34 AM »
Last 3 Nas albums have been filled with odd beats and no inspiration. He sounds bored with rap. Hes fallin off and its like people are in denial about it.

Sorry but this is a moronic statement. His last 3 albums feel like he's the most inspired he's ever been.
nas last great album was streets disciple. every album he's dropped since bein' on def jam sucked.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 12:26:32 PM »
It took you 4 hours to listen to a 1 hour long album?
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2012, 12:42:18 PM »
Last 3 Nas albums have been filled with odd beats and no inspiration. He sounds bored with rap. Hes fallin off and its like people are in denial about it.

Sorry but this is a moronic statement. His last 3 albums feel like he's the most inspired he's ever been.
nas last great album was streets disciple. every album he's dropped since bein' on def jam sucked.

lol Street's Disciple? You must be kidding. Its not on the level of his last 3 albums. Street's Disciple is his 3rd worst (which is still pretty good).

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2012, 12:58:32 PM »
god's son
it was written
illmatic
streets disciple
stillmatic
i am
nastradamus
life is good
untitled
hip hop is dead
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2012, 01:52:35 PM »
It took you 4 hours to listen to a 1 hour long album?

LMFAO.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2012, 08:55:28 AM »
Its my opinion at this point Nas has reached the status in hip hop where he can put anything on record and it would be overvalued just cause hes Nas. Its a 6-7/10 album n people are calling it a classic and its far from one. You tellin me he was inspired when the 1st single from HHID was the recycled Thiefs Theme beat off Streets Disciple sped up. BS. None of his last 3 compares to IWW, LT, or Illmatic and Nas has the ability in him to make a straight perfect classic but he puts out mediocre shit wit stale beats and people eat it up. I hope we get LT 2 one day so I can hear a real qb sounding Nas album again.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2012, 09:17:27 AM »
Its my opinion at this point Nas has reached the status in hip hop where he can put anything on record and it would be overvalued just cause hes Nas. Its a 6-7/10 album n people are calling it a classic and its far from one. You tellin me he was inspired when the 1st single from HHID was the recycled Thiefs Theme beat off Streets Disciple sped up. BS. None of his last 3 compares to IWW, LT, or Illmatic and Nas has the ability in him to make a straight perfect classic but he puts out mediocre shit wit stale beats and people eat it up. I hope we get LT 2 one day so I can hear a real qb sounding Nas album again.

Go listen to T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2012, 02:22:14 PM »

Go listen to T.I.
go listen to frank ocean.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2012, 05:02:30 PM »

Dude you couldn't be more backwards. Nas constantly gets shitted on! People are ALWAYS saying "Nas lost", "Nas is done", "Nas lost for signing to Jay", "Nas? Oh the guy paying Kelis' 15k a month". If anything his brilliance gets ignored because people spend so much time bashing him for his personal life. That shit about his beats is such a lameass argument, who the fuck listens to a lyricist for their production? If all you want is bangin beats then go ahead and download some Rick Ross, some Brick Squad, etc etc etc. Truth be told, his beats don't even suck, they're perfect for the sound of his music (very similar to how Joe Budden operates).

Btw: Nas reusing that In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida sample was fly as fuck! Don't front. That was basically Nas sayin 'alright, I fucked up last time, so give me a second chance and watch what I do'.

Bottom line is this, if ANY other rapper recorded an album as good as Life is Good (or Hip Hop is Dead for that matter) people would call it a masterpiece. But since it was released by Mr. Illmatic its just a 7/10 to you.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Ghost Drebin

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2012, 05:10:01 PM »
The freshest I've heard NAS lately was his vocals from Distant Relatives.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 05:15:40 PM »

Dude you couldn't be more backwards. Nas constantly gets shitted on! People are ALWAYS saying "Nas lost", "Nas is done", "Nas lost for signing to Jay", "Nas? Oh the guy paying Kelis' 15k a month". If anything his brilliance gets ignored because people spend so much time bashing him for his personal life. That shit about his beats is such a lameass argument, who the fuck listens to a lyricist for their production? If all you want is bangin beats then go ahead and download some Rick Ross, some Brick Squad, etc etc etc. Truth be told, his beats don't even suck, they're perfect for the sound of his music (very similar to how Joe Budden operates).

Btw: Nas reusing that In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida sample was fly as fuck! Don't front. That was basically Nas sayin 'alright, I fucked up last time, so give me a second chance and watch what I do'.

Bottom line is this, if ANY other rapper recorded an album as good as Life is Good (or Hip Hop is Dead for that matter) people would call it a masterpiece. But since it was released by Mr. Illmatic its just a 7/10 to you.
i don't know about you but, when i listen to an emcee the beat has to be hot as the rhyme.

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2012, 05:56:29 PM »
LOL The fact that a Frank Ocean fan likes this album lets me know Im on the right sideof this argument. I remember when I was a deluded Nas fan so glad I grew up and out of that phase. Mega > Nas. Now I feel like hearin some classic qb hip hop gonna throw on Born N Raised and roll up this sour. Dont like it fuck yourself.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2012, 06:05:05 PM »
'sleepwalkers' <---------- 'life is good'.....just sayin'.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2012, 07:50:08 PM »

It's ironic you can can talk about his production but then big up Lost Tapes when it has some of the blandest production he's ever spit over. People bitch over Nas no matter what he puts out.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2012, 09:45:57 PM »
LOL The fact that a Frank Ocean fan likes this album lets me know Im on the right sideof this argument. I remember when I was a deluded Nas fan so glad I grew up and out of that phase. Mega > Nas. Now I feel like hearin some classic qb hip hop gonna throw on Born N Raised and roll up this sour. Dont like it fuck yourself.

Like I said, go bump some T.I.

Your opinion couldn't be more worthless.