Author Topic: 'Batman' Massacre: Studio saddened by 'shocking' scene at movie's midnight show  (Read 1285 times)

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Aaaaaaannnd weeeeeee'reeeeee baaaaaaaaack!!!
At least 12 people have been killed and up to 50 injured after a mass shooting at a showing of "The Dark Knight Rises" at a suburban Denver movie theater, police say.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/07/20/as-massacre-rages-in-colorado-dark-night-rises-sets-midnight-show-records/#ixzz21B40KnVU

The studio behind "Batman: The Dark Knight Rises" expressed their shock and extended their condolences to the victims of a mass shooting at one of the film's midnight screenings.
"Warner Bros. and the filmmakers are deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident," the studio said in a statement. "We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time."
In a phone interview with FOXNews.com Friday morning ‘Dark Knight Rises’ producer Michael Uslan also expressed  his deep sadness for those lost in the tragedy and their loved ones.  He said he would be suspending his media appearances out of respect for those killed and injured in the tragedy.
The suspect, identified by federal law enforcement officials as James Holmes, 24, is in police custody. KUSA reports that Holmes kicked down an emergency door at the theater, threw in some type of a smoke bomb and began shooting when moviegoers started to run.
Witnesses say they heard a series of explosions and up to 20 gunshots after the scene grew chaotic. About 100 witnesses were taken to a local high school to be questioned by police.
The midnight showing of "Batman: The Dark Knight Rises" was setting box office records as the tragedy occurred.
Deadline.com cited a Warner Bros. exec, interviewed before hearing news of the massacre, saying that the midnight box office was forecast to pass "The Avengers" as the highest grossing midnight showing of all time.
There were over 3,700 screens in the U.S. showing midnight screenings of "Dark Night Rises."
The online ticket site Fandango had over 2,500 weekend sold-out showtimes on Fandango, the most the 12-year-old company had ever seen, Deadline.com reports.
What the massacre at the Colorado movie house does to weekend turnout remains to be seen. 
The Dark Knight Rises is set to play on 4,404 screens in the U.S.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/07/20/as-massacre-rages-in-colorado-dark-night-rises-sets-midnight-show-records/#ixzz21B3nop1r

Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG

Video of witnesses
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

doggfather

https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

King Of The Greater Los Angeles Area

• 'G'
you have over 200 posts and you still don't know that this belongs in the entertainment forum? :puke:

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
Among the many challenges facing Warner Bros. in the aftermath of Friday's deadly shooting at a Colorado screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" is what to do about a key scene -- involving a bloodbath at a movie theater -- in its next big film, "Gangster Squad."
The noir film starring Sean Penn, Emma Stone, Josh Brolin and Ryan Gosling centers on the Los Angeles Police Department's secret 1940s anti-mob gangster squad.
One of the film's signature scenes is set at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood, when mobsters go backstage and open fire through the screen at the audience. Automatic gunfire rips through the screen as horrified filmgoers rush for the exits and the cops try to stop the mayhem. (You can glimpse the scene in the trailer above, starting at the 2:03 mark).
PHOTOS: Scene of the shooting | Hollywood reacts
The movie is set for release Sept. 7, and trailers for the film including snippets of the scene have already been playing.
A source close to Warner Bros.who was not authorized to speak publicly said the studio has pulled its trailers for "Gangster Squad" from all theaters. The source said that the trailer had not played before the screening of "The Dark Knight Rises" in Aurora, Colo., where the shooting happened.
Whether the studio will take any steps to remove or shorten the scene from the film itself remains to be seen.
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG
you have over 200 posts and you still don't know that this belongs in the entertainment forum? :puke:

That's what mods are for...
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

Hack Wilson - real

he is the most useless member here and posts everything in the wrong forums

un0mic

• Muthafuckin' OG

That's what mods are for...
Wowzers!
L.A.M.B. Bitch!
-M.O.

Sccit

this doesnt even belong in the entertainment forum...a true king of the sfv would never make such petty errors, mitchell.

dude who opened fire looks like he did too many drugs.

Hack Wilson - real

Sikotic™

I'm noticing a trend when it comes to Colorado and fucked up shit involving guns.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hack Wilson - real

I'm noticing a trend when it comes to Colorado and fucked up shit involving guns.

2x in 14 years?  not really a trend lol

Sikotic™

2x in 14 years?  not really a trend lol
No, the fact that they're just 10 minutes away from Columbine.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hack Wilson - real

it must have been a REALLY bad movie

Sikotic™

I saw it at midnight myself last night.......it wasn't that good.

THA SAUCE HOUSE