Author Topic: The King Is Back !!!!!  (Read 7947 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: The King Is Back !!!!!
« Reply #360 on: December 13, 2012, 11:58:26 AM »
I'm listening to G-Season right now. Where's the energy? T.I. used to own this type of tracks. Now the beats completely overshadow him.

Trap Back Jumpin and Wildside sound much better, dope tracks. I'll drop my thoughts when I listen to the whole thing couple of times.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2012, 12:03:39 PM by Meho »

Will_B

« Reply #361 on: December 13, 2012, 12:07:55 PM »
Crusin' =

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #362 on: December 13, 2012, 12:51:05 PM »
i'm bumped the whole record and it's a great record. that cruisin' joint is the shit.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #363 on: December 13, 2012, 01:16:18 PM »
I'm listening to G-Season right now. Where's the energy? T.I. used to own this type of tracks. Now the beats completely overshadow him.

Trap Back Jumpin and Wildside sound much better, dope tracks. I'll drop my thoughts when I listen to the whole thing couple of times.
::)
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #364 on: December 13, 2012, 02:49:10 PM »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #365 on: December 13, 2012, 02:56:45 PM »
its about as good as i thought it would be, some real strong songs and alot weak shit too...

fuck up the city was tighter then this and forever rich was tighter then THAT so yall do the math.
this album is absolute propane. tip is spittin' ferocious flows all over this fuckin' opus and the production bangs top to bottom this is his all eyez on me. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #366 on: December 13, 2012, 03:13:40 PM »
HE TRIED HIS BEST TO PULL OF A ROSS ISH ALBUM

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #367 on: December 13, 2012, 03:15:28 PM »
not at all. t.i. don't ever got to look ross way for inspiration. this album proves that. this album is a classic  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Lunatic

« Reply #368 on: December 13, 2012, 04:28:33 PM »
1. The Introduction - 4/5 Fantastic sample, wonder who produced this. Maybe DJ Toomp? Very good way to start the album, right on topic/theme.
2. G Season - 4/5 Cardiak brings a nice beat. Tip is always at his best when making street music. Meek Mill destroys this also, when he flips the chorus, that's crazy.
3. Trap Back Jumpin' - 5/5 Vintage Tip & Toomp. Beat reminds me of "What You Know" Seriously these 2 are one of the best emcee/producer combos of all time

4. Wildside - 5/5. This No I.D. beat is bananas! Chorus is nice and smooth. Tip goes in and A$AP's flow is fantastic, wow.
5. Ball - 3.5/5. It's grown on me a bit and is what it is. The chorus has some catchy elements. Lil Wayne could have came way harder.
6. Sorry - 5/5. Epic track, will be a timeless classic. Jazze Pha provides a nice beat, Stacy Barthe has a powerful hook voice. Tip sounds good, 3K delivers one of his best verses ever.

7. Can You Learn - 4.5/5. DJ Montay delivers a nice backdrop for R. Kelly who drops a legendary hook. It has a great R&B feel to it. Tip flows very smoothly, perfectly on this track.
8. Go Get It - 3.75/5. It's been out for a while but it's a banger! T-Minus provides a hell of a beat and this has to be one of the catchiest Tip hooks of all time. Great music video too.
9. Guns and Roses - 4/5. Another cool T-Minus beat. Pink OWNS with her vocals. This song is a lot better than I expected and should definitely be a single.

10. The Way We Ride - 3.75/5. Hit-Boy may have produced this. This is a real clean track, H-Town vibe with the smoothness and screwed hook.
11. Cruisin' - 3.75/5 This should have been the first single. Girls would have ate this up. For what it is, I actually like it. He's made WAY worse soft tracks. This is smooth as hell.
12. Addresses - 4/5. Another T-Minus, all 3 on the album sound different. This is old school Tip!

13. Hello - 4/5. Cee-Lo smashes this hook, the Pharrell beat is smooth. He was right when he said only Tip could make a song like this.
14. Who Want Some - 4.25/5. Another Tip/Toomp banger. Again, very different from the other Toomp beats on here and it rides hard. This is all around great! Hook, lyrics, flow etc.
15. Wonderful Life - 5/5. The concept of this track is absolutely genius. This is definitely one of the best tracks this year.

16. Hallelujah - 3.75/5. Very religious, choir music. The girl on the hook has a voice, wow. Good way to finish the album.

Can't wait to buy this on Tuesday and bump it in the whip, I'm sure some of the ratings will change after hearing the bass better and what not.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Blood$

« Reply #369 on: December 13, 2012, 04:50:15 PM »
I'd post my thoughts on this album if we can get a new discussion thread poppin'

Lunatic

« Reply #370 on: December 13, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
I'd post my thoughts on this album if we can get a new discussion thread poppin'
What are your thoughts bro?

Lunatic

« Reply #371 on: December 13, 2012, 04:59:43 PM »
Opposite. It's T.I. and specifically the "Trap Muzik" album in my opinion that broke down the doors for artists like Ross, Jeezy, etc

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #372 on: December 13, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
no ross has been doing his best to do his lil cinematic themed thing for the past four albums or so...real moody beats mixed with the uptempo bangers sprinkle in whatever r annd b singer is hot at the moment this is tips rendition of that...not saying its a horrible album but it aint that great. his flow is on point but predictable the production is also very predictable toomp did his thing as i expected he would

trap music formula was one or two main producers mostly mid tempo street bangers with a couple of radio jams they didnt overdose on the guestspots. i hate how every goddamn album that comes out now has the same fucking features

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #373 on: December 13, 2012, 07:35:44 PM »
^^^^ Rappers always used the same features since the beginning.  It was either in-house or they built a Union like Khaled has. 

Lunatic

« Reply #374 on: December 13, 2012, 07:43:48 PM »
If its true that Sanchez Holmes produced "Wonderful Life", that's awesome! It's nice to see him return to a T.I. album. For those that don't know, he produced 4 tracks on Trap Muzik [No More Talk, King of da South, Be Better Than Me & Long Live da Game] and 2 on Urban Legend [ASAP & Praying for Help] and hasn't produced on a T.I. album since!