Author Topic: The King Is Back !!!!!  (Read 7975 times)

Matty

Re: The King Is Back !!!!!
« Reply #375 on: December 13, 2012, 08:00:49 PM »
tracks i'm most digging most are the 'introduction', 'trap back jumpin', 'sorry', 'go get it' and 'the way we ride' 8)

Will_B

« Reply #376 on: December 14, 2012, 09:53:10 AM »
HE TRIED HIS BEST TO PULL OF A ROSS ISH ALBUM

Disagree hommie,

Only the first half of the intro really sounds Ross-esque (like he could've wrote it actually)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #377 on: December 14, 2012, 12:23:02 PM »
Opposite. It's T.I. and specifically the "Trap Muzik" album in my opinion that broke down the doors for artists like Ross, Jeezy, etc
truth.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #378 on: December 14, 2012, 12:26:53 PM »

Disagree hommie,

Only the first half of the intro really sounds Ross-esque (like he could've wrote it actually)
nothin' about this album screams ross at all. the intro which he didn't use pen and pad for was one of the first songs he recorded when he came home. he wrote 'wonderful life' while in prison.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #379 on: December 14, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »
ALBUM OF THE YEAR  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Will_B

« Reply #380 on: December 14, 2012, 01:39:11 PM »

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #381 on: December 14, 2012, 01:58:12 PM »
1. The Introduction - Over a beautifully produced k track and co. production t.i. goes ape shit spittin' flames about bein' trouble man. classic.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

2. G Season - Cardiak gives tip and meek mill the perfect soundscape to kick some gangsta shit and tell muthafuckas it's g season the lames gotta go.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

3. Trap Back Jumpin' - Vintage tip & toomp. this shit is electric !!!!!!!!!! this is tip at his absolute best spittin' about that life and lettin' a few niggas have it at the same time.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

4. Wildside - This is also another standout and another favorite of mine. t.i. spits about life before the rap and drops an amazin' hook before a$ap jumps in over a smooth laidback concoction produced by no i.d.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

5. Ball - Ball, Ball, Ball !!!!!!!!!!!!! rico and 'em gives tip a banger for the bitches to twerk and work to tip spits stellar verses and this is the best i've heard from weezy in a minute.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

6. Sorry - Classic Material to put it in two words. tip and 3 stacks spit about bein' sorry or not sorry over classic jazze pha instrumentation. both artist deliver like the mail man on this joint.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

7. Can You Learn - DJ Montay from the oomp camp in atlanta if you didn't know kicks ass on the production as the king run laps around the track and kellz ask the bitches a few ?'s.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

8. Go Get It - The motivation for muthafuckas to go get it. t-minus provides tip wit the appropriate backdrop to spit fire in legendary king fashion.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

9. Guns and Roses - This is perfect. t-minus laces tip up wit another banger featurin' sexy ass pink who belts her heart out on the hook while t.i. does what he does best.
                              this one gets the repeat button as well.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

10. The Way We Ride - I love this one too. 1500 or nothin' and the futuristiks conjures up a backdrop that's clean as soap and tip puts the icing on the cake. some shit to ride to in a clean whip. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

11. Cruisin' - T.I. sings this one. i'm used to this from tip so it definitely don't disappoint in fact i've played it over and over. grand hustle's lil' c gave tip a banger. a smooth one.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

12. Addresses - Another t-minus creation this time it's for the streets as the king address some lame ducks talkin' shit. he murders them wit this  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

13. Hello - The winners anthem right here.  8) pharrell provides the lush production as tip and cee lo goes in.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

14. Who Want Some - Gangsta shit....another t.i. & toomp collabo and they set the bar very high on this album and this joint solidifies just that along wit the other joint from the two.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

15. Wonderful Life - One of the deepest tracks on this lp and written in prison. t.i. & akon over a sanchez holmes creation that hits hard as an aluminum bat. tip speaks from the perspective of his dead homie and his father and then on the last verse he speaks to them. flames  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

16. Hallelujah - The closing of the record. over a somber piece as we go inside the mind of tip as he dealt wit his jail sentences. i don't know who the young lady is that sings the incredible hook but she nails it and takes it home  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Overall trouble man: the head is heavy is a cohesive and well put together album and it's what classics are made of. i'm definitely coppin' this on tuesday.  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

note: 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) = 5/5
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 08:34:19 AM by OG Classic Material »

Will_B

« Reply #382 on: December 14, 2012, 02:40:33 PM »
I'm coppin too. Albums for the whip no question 8)

See my top five of 2012 ;)
http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=292948.msg2888491#msg2888491

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #383 on: December 14, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
That beat on wildside is crazy, sounds like some Dre elements at times. Gave this a listen on the plane yesterday and gotta say I was impressed, looking forward to giving it some more spins.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #384 on: December 14, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »
That beat on wildside is crazy, sounds like some Dre elements at times. Gave this a listen on the plane yesterday and gotta say I was impressed, looking forward to giving it some more spins.
no i.d gave him somethin' epic.  8) one of my favorite joints off the album.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #385 on: December 14, 2012, 07:50:36 PM »
no i.d gave him somethin' epic.  8) one of my favorite joints off the album.

For real, track is amazing. No doubt you'll be happy man with this album bro!