Author Topic: Nas & Marley Marl ?  (Read 221 times)

TT Makaveli

• 'G'
Nas & Marley Marl ?
« on: July 25, 2012, 03:05:24 PM »
How come that the 2 biggest names out of the QB-area didnt work together? i know they did a joint together called "On The Real" but thats it? that shit wasnt even on a regular album & shit like that. (Da Bridge 2001 doesnt count either)

Nas had producers like Premo, Large Professor & Q-Tip on Illmatic and Stillmatic...but no Marley Marl? did the biggest producer & rapper from the Bridge had a problem with each other or what?

hope somebody got some information on that one...thanks  8)

sofdark

Re: Nas & Marley Marl ?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 02:57:08 AM »
Don't forget that Nas has yet to do a track with his idol, Rakim.

TT Makaveli

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2012, 05:01:15 AM »

they were together on the Alicia Keys joint - streets of new york but i also dont count that as a feature...you dont even know if they were together in the studio for that...maybe Nas really got to much respect for these 2 legends and only would be startstruck or something..  :P

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2012, 09:30:20 AM »
nas is scared to do records wit dudes who will outshine him. hences why he'd rather rap wit rick ross than az.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

TT Makaveli

• 'G'
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2012, 12:41:59 PM »
haters gonna hate...but for now just shut the fukk up and go listen to pop champagne with your favorite rappers T.I. & Drake...that is really some poetic shit...really cant hate on that...T.I. is just super-real...smh crying about Nas doing songs with Ross but that T.I. nigga doing songs with Rihanna & Christina Agueliera and shit...that dude that dropped the No Mercy album which was the whackest shit ever son...even Drakes Thank me later album was bumpin harder than that shit  ::)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 12:43:26 PM »
nore said that every time they've been in the studio together nas always rewrote his verses after hearin' nore lay his. LOL imagine a session wit rakim and nas. LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2012, 12:50:12 PM »
haters gonna hate...but for now just shut the fukk up and go listen to pop champagne with your favorite rappers T.I. & Drake...that is really some poetic shit...really cant hate on that...T.I. is just super-real...smh crying about Nas doing songs with Ross but that T.I. nigga doing songs with Rihanna & Christina Agueliera and shit...that dude that dropped the No Mercy album which was the whackest shit ever son...even Drakes Thank me later album was bumpin harder than that shit  ::)
shut ya dumb ass up tt makaveli !!!! what the fuck is a tt makaveli ? you sound like a gay ass male stripper wit a name like that. change that shit. LOL anyway, the song wit nas and ross is wack. t.i. made bangers wit both rihanna and christina both songs with real content !!!! no mercy was incredible, drake's shit was wack. fuck you and your thoughts.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »
nas is scared to do records wit dudes who will outshine him. hences why he'd rather rap wit rick ross than az.

Yeah I guess thats why AZ was on both of his 5 mic albums, and why Nas asked Eminem to be on a remix to his track "Daughters".

Its Escobar season like it or not, stop hatin.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2012, 07:24:04 PM »

take it u didnt hear his track wit Common?  8)

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »

Yeah I guess thats why AZ was on both of his 5 mic albums, and why Nas asked Eminem to be on a remix to his track "Daughters".

Wow Thats 2/10 fucking albums and Em aint nowhere near where he was when he first entered the game and turned down the song anyway. Nigga literally put Rick Ross on the album over more talented and more loyal niggas to him like AZ & Rae and yall sit up here defendin him for everything like hes your dad or some shit. LOL @ Escobar season. Stopped callin himself Esco like 10 yrs ago. You probably heard hate me now for the first time like 2 yrs ago. You phony hip hop purist wannabes kill me. You the same kid who dickrides Mr Potato Head The Lame.
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2012, 12:45:50 PM »

Yea but he didnt kill Comm on that shit. And in terms of albums The Dreamer > LIG easy
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2012, 04:11:04 PM »

the track was incredible 8) 8) 8) 8) something his album was missin'. locomotive was fire and daughters is classic. the rest is dull. he took the safe route and put ross on there.

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2012, 04:13:57 PM »

az was probably the reason nas got 5 mics. LOL. anyway nas shoulda put em on the album if it was that serious. i'm not hating at all i own a few nas albums.