Author Topic: Sup with the Rage project?  (Read 1092 times)

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

Re: Sup with the Rage project?
« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2012, 12:56:36 PM »
she just did a song with Crooked I recently that was cut off the Psalm cd

i want to hear it

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2012, 01:16:26 PM »
she just did a song with Crooked I recently that was cut off the Psalm cd

i want to hear it

me too

Daz also did a song with Crooked for that project too

Sccit

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2012, 01:37:47 PM »

Necessary Roughness = Doggystyle = Dogg Food

wtf? LMAO

True stories. Rage is the best spitter in the camp (rivalled only by Kurupts best verses). Doggystyle is party records and funk and radio friendly shit. Dogg Chit is tight rappin and str8 G-shit. Necessary Roughness is a different class of rappin altogether, but i guess doesnt fit the 'West Coast' formular for people. All have their qualities.

There are thousands of CDs that are lyrically better than "doggystyle"... As far as production value goes, it's not even close. Rages album was a disappointment. While its not a bad album, it's nowhere near classic. I'd say it's good, but if it came out when it was supposed to, it woulda been much better from a production standpoint.  

Doggystyle being a classic record doesn't automatically make it a masterpiece.

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

lol...i dunno what ur doing on this forum if u dont realize the importance of "doggystyle" to west coast hip-hop.

I never said Doggystyle wasn't a classic.

Is Dogg Food considered a classic anywhere other than amongst genre fans? Not all great albums fall under the spotlight.

Rage = slept on. Thats my point.

at the end of the day, "doggystyle" and "dogg food" are on another level than "necessary roughness"

Will_B

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2012, 01:47:42 PM »

wtf? LMAO

True stories. Rage is the best spitter in the camp (rivalled only by Kurupts best verses). Doggystyle is party records and funk and radio friendly shit. Dogg Chit is tight rappin and str8 G-shit. Necessary Roughness is a different class of rappin altogether, but i guess doesnt fit the 'West Coast' formular for people. All have their qualities.

There are thousands of CDs that are lyrically better than "doggystyle"... As far as production value goes, it's not even close. Rages album was a disappointment. While its not a bad album, it's nowhere near classic. I'd say it's good, but if it came out when it was supposed to, it woulda been much better from a production standpoint.  

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

lol...i dunno what ur doing on this forum if u dont realize the importance of "doggystyle" to west coast hip-hop.

Is Dogg Food considered a classic anywhere other than amongst genre fans? Not all great albums fall under the spotlight.

at the end of the day, "doggystyle" and "dogg food" are on another level than "necessary roughness"

If you value production over lyrics IMO

Sccit

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2012, 02:18:04 PM »

wtf? LMAO

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

not really...lyrics aint shit without production value. so as much as u value lyrics, someone could write a lyrical masterpiece, but it would come out as shit without a proper production team producing/mixing/mastering your lyrics... it's not that i'm saying "doggystyle" and "dogg food" are better than "necessary roughness". theyr'e simply on another level. furthermore, "dogg food" had it's share of dope lyricism, as well. any way u slice it up, "necessary roughness" doesnt measure up to "doggystyle" and "dogg food". and i'm pretty sure rage will tell u this herself, as well as every1 who worked on those albums.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #50 on: July 29, 2012, 02:21:16 PM »
such a shame Rage never dropped an LP when Afro Puffs dropped

Will_B

« Reply #51 on: July 29, 2012, 02:58:11 PM »

wtf? LMAO

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

not really...lyrics aint shit without production value. so as much as u value lyrics, someone could write a lyrical masterpiece, but it would come out as shit without a proper production team producing/mixing/mastering your lyrics...

And similarly a production masterpiece like Doggystyle comes out only as good as a great sounding record, with fairly average lyrics.

The logic works both ways.

Sccit

« Reply #52 on: July 29, 2012, 03:04:29 PM »

wtf? LMAO

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

not really...lyrics aint shit without production value. so as much as u value lyrics, someone could write a lyrical masterpiece, but it would come out as shit without a proper production team producing/mixing/mastering your lyrics...

And similarly a production masterpiece like Doggystyle comes out only as good as a great sounding record, with fairly average lyrics.

not true...production value is what makes an album like "doggystyle". if "doggystyle" was recorded on a pc mic with the same exact lyrics, it would be complete shit.

« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2012, 03:06:01 PM »
yup, you evaluate greatness in hiphop-albums based on lyrics and musicality. Rage mightve rapped her ass off on that record, but it doesnt prove anythin musicaly

Will_B

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2012, 03:08:12 PM »

wtf? LMAO

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

not true...production value is what makes an album like "doggystyle". if "doggystyle" was recorded on a pc mic with the same exact lyrics, it would be complete shit.

Yeah Doggystyle sounds great, full of memorable tunes, catchy, funny, entertaining, radio friendly, great features.

Weak point is Snoop.

Saying Doggystyle is 10/10 album is also like saying there are no better albums...and there ARE

« Reply #55 on: July 29, 2012, 03:11:02 PM »
Saying Doggystyle is 10/10 album is also like saying there are no better albums...
and there ARE

^
and Lady Of Rage's album isnt

Will_B

« Reply #56 on: July 29, 2012, 03:11:50 PM »
Saying Doggystyle is 10/10 album is also like saying there are no better albums...
and there ARE

^
and Lady Of Rage's album isnt

I never said it was.

Sccit

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2012, 03:20:31 PM »

wtf? LMAO

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

Yeah Doggystyle sounds great, full of memorable tunes, catchy, funny, entertaining, radio friendly, great features.

Weak point is Snoop.

Saying Doggystyle is 10/10 album is also like saying there are no better albums...and there ARE

there is no better representation of west coast hip-hop from that time period...it was perfectly produced, and the lyrics are what they are. simple, but effective. it is the perfect album and they got exactly what they were going for. it's a staple and one of the most influential albums in west coast hip-hop and is definitely a 5/5 (or 10/10, whatever u wanna call it). u should know this by now. comparing it to "necessary roughness" is just weird.

Will_B

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2012, 03:23:04 PM »

wtf? LMAO

<----- Classic film

<------ Masterpiece

Weak point is Snoop.

there is no better representation of west coast hip-hop from that time period...it was perfectly produced, and the lyrics are what they are. simple, but effective. it is the perfect album and they got exactly what they were going for. it's a staple and one of the most influential albums in west coast hip-hop and is definitely a 5/5 (or 10/10, whatever u wanna call it). u should know this by now. comparing it to "necessary roughness" is just weird.

And what happens if you rate The Chronic higher? You give it a 6/5?

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »
Saying Doggystyle is 10/10 album is also like saying there are no better albums

^lol, what do u mean? so i cant say that any otehr albums are 10/10, if "Doggsytle" is a 10/10 (which it is)?

ur self-proclamied hiphop-"connoisseur" act is just retarded & ridiculous.