Author Topic: Rick Ross - God Forgives, And I Don't (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1917 times)

mrkmaidog

Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, And I Don't (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 08:17:50 PM »
Hella solid album. lots of replay value Dope production, concepts and lyrics. Once again Ross delivers. not gonna say "classic" album but there are future classic joints on here. coppin this next tuesday as yall should too. #GFID!!!

Will_B

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2012, 08:26:35 AM »
Until track 8 I was like man this is the best rap album in a long time. Sixteen is  8)

But then I had to skip 8...then 9...10... 11... 12 damn.... 13 shit
Man there's way too much track i skip. Maybe they'll grow on me but for me to skip a track it must really sucks.
I think I like Teflon Don better. But maybe it'll grow on me

I'm giving this a 6/10 based on the strong start of the album and good/ok end of the album

werd the first few tracks were dope as fuck. "sixteen" is ridiculous, andre 3k goes the fuk in. 2nd half of the album is pure garbage tho

You didn't hear the deluxe version then?
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/pjoW4Nt-9Mk" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/pjoW4Nt-9Mk</a> <------the pitch on the album version is different from this btw.

It's true Ross got out done by Andre 3k and Nas on the album (no big shocker) Sixteen and Triple Beam Dream are great tracks. Andre's verse on Sixteen is incredible.

911 is dope too, A track I'd actually go back to to bump.

I asked when this leaked 'Whos down with Ricky' and no one admitted they liked the guy (not surprising as most West Coast fans only focus on Charisma/Delivery and Production Sound, as opposed to Lyricism/Musicality). God Forgives I Don't has a smattering of both and anyone who dismisses the album as outright whack probably doesn't know a thing about music in general. I'm not a fan of Rick, but to me he sounds like The Game when he's on form, the dude got Hood Credentials and thats what people listen to him for...just don't expect rich music here. The good he's doing is keeping rap in the mainstream, and out of the funny pages. 7/10

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2012, 10:42:37 AM »
I can't describe my emotion when I enter this thread.

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2012, 05:07:38 PM »
TM103- Released in december

God forgives, I dont- Leaked 2 days ago

TM103 STILL has more replay value

Turns "OJ" back up to ignorant levels

ICHI THE KILLER

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2012, 05:12:49 PM »
I can't describe my emotion when I enter this thread.

so dont enter

Sccit

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2012, 02:36:56 PM »
My respect for NIK has got up significantly if some of y'all are really trying to call this album "pretty good" let alone "classic".

There might be five good songs on here. It's funny though, usually when somebody drops something "really good" niggas just steady can't stop talking about individual songs in these threads...but I'd be impressed if someone could name me three that would even lead me to believe it's close to a "classic".

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2012, 04:37:26 PM »
My respect for NIK has got up significantly if some of y'all are really trying to call this album "pretty good" let alone "classic".

There might be five good songs on here. It's funny though, usually when somebody drops something "really good" niggas just steady can't stop talking about individual songs in these threads...but I'd be impressed if someone could name me three that would even lead me to believe it's close to a "classic".

Maybach Music IV
Amsterdam
Sixteen ft. Andre 3000

It's a modern day classic. It has no real singles, but as an album - it's one of the most solidly compiled albums I've heard in the past ten years. Even the songs I want to skip, I'll listen to.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 04:55:40 PM »

Maybach Music IV
Amsterdam
Sixteen ft. Andre 3000

one of the most solidly compiled albums I've heard in the past ten years.

easy now

Matty

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 05:50:08 PM »

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 09:55:55 PM »

"ya shit pushed back cuz it aint buzzin"

Will_B

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 10:25:32 PM »

Maybach Music IV
Amsterdam
Sixteen ft. Andre 3000

It's a modern day classic. It has no real singles, but as an album - it's one of the most solidly compiled albums I've heard in the past ten years. Even the songs I want to skip, I'll listen to.

Did u get this excited about Life Is Good? I gave God Forgives a 7/10 - that's only just a bubpable disc for me. I won't be buying it based on that alone, just not enough replay value in it not bring a fan of Ross

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 10:28:19 PM »

Maybach Music IV
Amsterdam
Sixteen ft. Andre 3000

Did u get this excited about Life Is Good? I gave God Forgives a 7/10 - that's only just a bubpable disc for me. I won't be buying it based on that alone, just not enough replay value in it not bring a fan of Ross

I did, yes.

Will_B

« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2012, 11:00:54 PM »

Maybach Music IV
Amsterdam
Sixteen ft. Andre 3000

I did, yes.

Nice, minimal reply.

Life is Good is the better album. I have to give Ross his props but the albums nothing close to Klazzik, in any sense IMO

DatThrowBaccMuzic

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2012, 11:09:05 PM »

Maybach Music IV
Amsterdam
Sixteen ft. Andre 3000

I did, yes.

Nice, minimal reply.

Life is Good is the better album. I have to give Ross his props but the albums nothing close to Klazzik, in any sense IMO

Did you want me to reply with a paragraph like you and Mike arguing back and forth? I'm not for that. To be real, the reason for the short reply is - these message boards kinda suck now a days and why would I want to give my input to on one where no real discussion is to be had? Ross reminds me of Biggie flow wise. I assume Diddy being his manager taught him how to do Biggie's style. So, he mashed Biggie's style with The Clipse coke selling, that's the lyricism in the album. Reminds me a lot of Clipse. It's good though. Ross is known for that. Then the production. The production is what really makes the album. It's sequenced very well for being southern music, not only that but the arrangement on each track was AMAZING. With today's standard's in music steadily declining, Ross will be a shining flashlight in a dark hallway, at least in the mainstream. So, if Ross' album is that bad to people, I take it they don't listen to California radio or any other music minus the shit that gets mad spins on K-Day. Nothing against K-Day and the classics, but there is more out there. Sure, you can't touch 2Pac and Biggie, but then again - they were the first - they were the blue print. So, how can you beat something automatically revered by the older heads? You can't. So, that's why I call this album a modern day classic. It's not a Doggystyle now, but ten years from now - it will be truly appreciated because as it seems - we have nothing but down to go from here.