Author Topic: Rick Ross - God Forgives, And I Don't (Discussion Thread)  (Read 1877 times)

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Rick Ross - God Forgives, And I Don't (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2012, 07:58:43 PM »
i guess going for the lowest common denominator really is the way to be successful in music

Lol at Ross not getting a pass when so many other 'street' sounding artists do (Game for example)

I'd bet his most vocal detractors haven't even heard the album

this thread isnt about other 'street' rappers this thread is about rick ross and his album.  back to the topic, does this album deviate from ross' other efforts or is it basically the same formula/sound as his others (in your exhaulted opinion)?

So you haven't heard it.

I'm not a fan of Ross. I'm judging it against other rappers albums and this is bumpable.

No i havent heard it but since you didnt answer my question im guessing that this album is typical ross, which is nothing groundbreaking/thought provoking/different in any sense of the word.  Please feel free to answer my question and tell me im wrong here and i might give it a try.
Money like Draymond Green.....yuuup

Will_B

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »
Nice trolling

You're asking a non Ross fan to tell you if this material is typical?

I'll get back to you when I've gone over his back catalogue, so my answer qualifies as valid for you
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 11:56:31 PM by Do Buy Albums »

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2012, 01:00:52 AM »
Nice trolling

I'll get back to you when I've gone over his back catalogue, so my answer qualifies as valid for you

as someone who admittedly pays attention to new rap music enough to know the bad from the good you certainly know something about ross' music right?

Will_B

« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2012, 02:10:41 AM »
Nice trolling

as someone who admittedly pays attention to new rap music enough to know the bad from the good you certainly know something about ross' music right?

Enough to know he's on the mainstream map. A friend of mine thinks his shit don't stink and has played me loads of tracks before. Apart from that I checked out buzz singles like Tupac Back, heard him featured etc but never took my interest any further than that.

There's no point in me trying to convince you anyway if you expect all hiphop to be pushing boundaries and thought provoking. Ross doesn't fit with your music sensibilities

Russell Bell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2012, 08:33:47 PM »
Nice trolling

Enough to know he's on the mainstream map. A friend of mine thinks his shit don't stink and has played me loads of tracks before. Apart from that I checked out buzz singles like Tupac Back, heard him featured etc but never took my interest any further than that.

There's no point in me trying to convince you anyway if you expect all hiphop to be pushing boundaries and thought provoking. Ross doesn't fit with your music sensibilities

All music should not be thought provoking or groundbreaking.  The problem is guys like ross get popular by being absolutely the same as the next guy without any personality of their own. Which is funny because all of this concentration on "swag" and "personality", youd think these guys were actually pushing limits but theyre far from it.  "Im a boss, im in the trap, ive got whores and hoes, ive got money, ive got clothes, ive got money".  Now I really know who ross is as a person.