Author Topic: South Circle 1995 Throwbacks - Death Row style G Funk (good $hit)  (Read 531 times)

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
Re: South Circle 1995 Throwbacks - Death Row style G Funk (good $hit)
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »
suave house at the time was on that space age pimpin' sound which was some classic shit. no one compared to death row's sound at that time though. i mean everybody in hip hop was doin' them but death row's sound was like no other then.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2012, 02:34:22 PM »
them dudes wasn't influenced by the bay or cali , Houston been like plus the music was being put out
at the same damn time don't try discredit the south . I c thats a recurring theme on this board to not
give the south it's just due but you can pump up wack rapper like Y.G . that nigga terrible . You better do your
research and c who Doc Dre wasn't influenced with that next episode . Street Military . THE CONVICTS influenced
Snoop whole earl rapping style and the D.O.C. coached and wrote for them .

your an idiot

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »
suave house at the time was on that space age pimpin' sound which was some classic shit. no one compared to death row's sound at that time though. i mean everybody in hip hop was doin' them but death row's sound was like no other then.

Yeah that's what I'm gettin at here.  This shit has Death Row written all over it but this South Circle shit was on point.

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2012, 01:31:09 AM »
Dude who earlier likened snoops style to the convicts was on point. Listen to 32 and u hear snoops inflections hard core.

LooN3y

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Paid Tha Cost 2 Be Tha Boss
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2012, 12:49:27 PM »
can someone hook up the mp3s for these tracks?

Tha Reella - Slap A Nigga Up Like Wyatt Earp / Sig downsized, too big.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 11:15:17 PM »
them dudes wasn't influenced by the bay or cali , Houston been like plus the music was being put out
at the same damn time don't try discredit the south . I c thats a recurring theme on this board to not
give the south it's just due but you can pump up wack rapper like Y.G . that nigga terrible . You better do your
research and c who Doc Dre wasn't influenced with that next episode . Street Military . THE CONVICTS influenced
YOUR 100% correct sir...real talk.

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 11:26:20 PM »

there were influences back & forth IMO.
Alot of people down here don't listen to Ron C plus UGK different from
Houston rap . Dallas also have they own sound hell UGK was influenced by Houston or
Rap A Lot . Pimp was a fan of he Too $hort and Project Pat was his favorite
rappers . Wasn't Ron c the dude that imitated $hort how you gone base that on a total city influence .
Nobody else down here sound like Too $hort . That cat stole a style fool .
pimp c sounded like too short & the geto boys sounded like nWA. project pat was not around in 80's at all . ron c & nemesis who is from dallas had sound that was a mix of too short & run dmc .just like like the original ghetto boys sound like run dmc. . i don't even think you know who i am talking about when i say ron c Or nemesis . if you did you would know iam talking only about late 80's & early 90's because nothing else matters after that . also UGK was out almost the same time as rap-a-lot & already had there own sound & it sounded like too short not like houston or rap-a-lot . i been living & listening to hip hop since 1982. the original downsouth did not have then own style ever .  i am hip hop historian compared to you & that is facts,youngster
Check this out coming from a brotha from the south (MEMPHIS)...Listen,We both had a hand in influencing each other(BAY and  the SOUTH)..Big mike ,and the Convicts had a big influence on Snoop,and Death row..befor they switched over to Rap-a-lot..The south ,and the bay was dealing with each other back in 88..cause we was the outsiders believe it or not...and im here to tell all of u(WE THE SOUTH HAD OUR ON STYLE OF PRODUCTION)long befor we got involved with the bay..go check out some old mjg,8ball...gangsta pat ect..but yeah we borrowed from each other..

midwestryder

« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 02:34:18 AM »

there were influences back & forth IMO.
Alot of people down here don't listen to Ron C plus UGK different from
Houston rap . Dallas also have they own sound hell UGK was influenced by Houston or
Rap A Lot . Pimp was a fan of he Too $hort and Project Pat was his favorite
rappers . Wasn't Ron c the dude that imitated $hort how you gone base that on a total city influence .
Nobody else down here sound like Too $hort . That cat stole a style fool .
pimp c sounded like too short & the geto boys sounded like nWA. project pat was not around in 80's at all . ron c & nemesis who is from dallas had sound that was a mix of too short & run dmc .just like like the original ghetto boys sound like run dmc. . i don't even think you know who i am talking about when i say ron c Or nemesis . if you did you would know iam talking only about late 80's & early 90's because nothing else matters after that . also UGK was out almost the same time as rap-a-lot & already had there own sound & it sounded like too short not like houston or rap-a-lot . i been living & listening to hip hop since 1982. the original downsouth did not have then own style ever .  i am hip hop historian compared to you & that is facts,youngster
Check this out coming from a brotha from the south (MEMPHIS)...Listen,We both had a hand in influencing each other(BAY and  the SOUTH)..Big mike ,and the Convicts had a big influence on Snoop,and Death row..befor they switched over to Rap-a-lot..The south ,and the bay was dealing with each other back in 88..cause we was the outsiders believe it or not...and im here to tell all of u(WE THE SOUTH HAD OUR ON STYLE OF PRODUCTION)long befor we got involved with the bay..go check out some old mjg,8ball...gangsta pat ect..but yeah we borrowed from each other..
they guys you named at end aka old mjg,8ball...gangsta pat  where not around when bay started . the bay started befofre the south got down .the bay was already into hip hop way before 1988. by then 1988 the bay & east coast already influnced the south . the convicts never had album or project out before rap-a-lot . if they did i never heard about it & i had there album . the subject matter that mjg,8ball...gangsta pat  ,UGK , geto boys had already been done by the bay & rest of west coast . so right their shows the west coast influnced the south first . 8ball & mjg were already on some too short shit from the start.. yes , i know the south was the outsiders back then . i have been living & listen to hip hop since 1982 . so that means i heard & seen thing in hip hop most people did not see or never got to see or hear. just like scarface has said he was influnced by kool g rap & NWA.

J. B A N A N A S

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 10:05:25 AM »
This shit is too g funk for me. I'd expect to hear this playing in some abandoned house in Fresno overrun with cholo tweakers.