Author Topic: 50 Cent - New Day (Produced By Dr. Dre, Mixed By Eminem)  (Read 1640 times)

HighEyeCue

Re: 50 Cent - New Day (Produced By Dr. Dre, Mixed By Eminem)
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 04:33:48 PM »
mixed by eminem, that can't be true.

what's with all the dre features lately

Dre features either testing the market for future Solo Record sales, pushin headphones or just means Detox is really coming

Beats by Dre, mixes by Eminem
dinner by jimmy

Slim Da Mobster waiting tables

Knoc-Turn'al waiting to steal the tip jar

imagine if you listen to this shit through his headphones
mixed by eminem, that can't be true.

what's with all the dre features lately

Dre features either testing the market for future Solo Record sales, pushin headphones or just means Detox is really coming

Beats by Dre, mixes by Eminem
dinner by jimmy

Slim Da Mobster waiting tables
i guess that's what he meant when he said that he won the lottery

LOL at these :laugh:

PLANT

« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 05:09:25 PM »
Dre is the worst part of this song.  Im still bumping it tho.  But Dre sounds weird now.  He needs to stop rapping.

Blood$

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 05:01:08 PM »
it's a good record, I dig it

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 08:51:09 PM »
^its definitely a grower  8)

damn will you sure do talk a lot of shit lately...its unbecoming of you.

i leave the forum for a month or so when i get back now your beefing with cham and lunatic and hack all these other ppl.

a midlife crisis. he found gray hair in his beard one day, and then just snapped

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 11:25:09 AM »
Switching gears again, this time to the music, how does it work out where you and Alicia Keys both have singles called “New Day” in such close proximity and your version has the same instrumental and her same hook as her earlier release?
    The actual track was produced originally for [Dr. Dre's album] The Detox. I was actually recording with Dre for his record and when he played it, it had a chorus that was a little darker. When he sent it to her, Alicia sent it back with “New Day” and it had additional strings on it. He wasn’t sure that he wanted to use it because of creatively where he was at on his project. I was like, ‘I can use that’ because it would be the bright side of what I’m offering in my body of work. He was like, ‘Okay, take it then.’ Obviously, it was a hit. They’re sitting on it and after a while, she recorded additional verses and leaked the record.

so swizz probably only added those additional strings on the beat, and dre actually made the beat

CharlieBrown

• Chillin' Wit Snoopy, eating Peanuts
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Dre, the only Dr I know who performs miracles"
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 09:21:32 AM »
It's nice to hear Dre get his ghostwriters to attempt to be conscious, but everything about this track is wack.
Charlie, lost his life right in front of the party...

Matty

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 12:22:09 PM »
if we're talking about this as detox material then damn. the track reeks of artificiality even if its fairly well executed. dre just seems incapable to come up with any exciting directions outside of some forgettable urban pop. almost everything resonating with a wider audience is quite forgettable these days.

Will_B

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2012, 03:00:58 PM »
if we're talking about this as detox material then damn. the track reeks of artificiality even if its fairly well executed. dre just seems incapable to come up with any exciting directions outside of some forgettable urban pop. almost everything resonating with a wider audience is quite forgettable these days.

Like Quik said in one of his many interviews lately, "I can't remember one hit song from last year, people aren't making hit songs that last no more...there's no emotional content in the sound that connects with the listener" or somethin

I said it recently but got shouted down by Stans - Dre of the 1990s had the best creative people around him. The real talent has gone, only people trying to clone what Dre used to do remain. Shit gets diluted as time passes