Author Topic: Hans Blix Report  (Read 148 times)

ITW [the irish boy]

Hans Blix Report
« on: February 14, 2003, 01:43:02 PM »
What do yiz think of it? Should he be given more time?

I watched the whole thing and I think it's clear that iraq has started to comply and disarm. It also seemed apparent that all except america and britain supported an alternative to war and even jack straw seemed to be taking an easier line. It seems the tables are turning, and perhaps we can disarm him without killing innocents. The protests tomorrow are expected to show the govts what the people think, hopefully theyll listen. After today it seems unlikely a second resolution will be pursued, the majority seem happy to let the inspectors get on with their job. What do yiz think?
SO MANY PEOPLE THINK THEY KNOW
BUT DO THEY KNOW TO THINK
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

TheSheriff

Re:Hans Blix Report
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 07:15:36 PM »
As much as I want Saddam out, if he is beginning to disarm, we cna only remove him through helping the Resistance. It's almost a shame. But, c'est la vie. Perhaps this way, innocent lives will be saved.

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2003, 12:37:59 PM »
Word.

It remains to be seen if Iraq is serious, but there is no circumstances where innocent lives can be taken for political gain.

One question though. If Iraq do disarm, can we reasonably expect the USA to disarm under UN inspections there WMD? I think it's important that if we are to free the world of this blight, all countries should disarm the wmd. Including the US, North Korea, Israel and any other country that possesses nuclear or biological weapons. Protests today showed that people just aren't buying the Bush administrations drive for war, and I think the UN needs to take more control and inspect EVERY suspect country and demand they disarm. Would you agree?
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK

Woodrow

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2003, 01:57:43 PM »
Word.

It remains to be seen if Iraq is serious, but there is no circumstances where innocent lives can be taken for political gain.

One question though. If Iraq do disarm, can we reasonably expect the USA to disarm under UN inspections there WMD? I think it's important that if we are to free the world of this blight, all countries should disarm the wmd. Including the US, North Korea, Israel and any other country that possesses nuclear or biological weapons. Protests today showed that people just aren't buying the Bush administrations drive for war, and I think the UN needs to take more control and inspect EVERY suspect country and demand they disarm. Would you agree?

Is it me, or is Iraq playing the world community like a fiddle? Any person with half an intelligence can see that Iraq has weapons of mass destruction. Any person with half an intelligence  can see that they are not complying with reosultion 1441 or the long string of resoultions before it. Resolution 1441 called on Iraq to completely disarm. Saddam knows the UN traditionaly shys away from conflict and he uses this to his ablility. If he was really down for disarmarnt, how come he waited untill the weekend before the instpectors last report to allow something that he should have been allowing all along? He's playing on the world communites dislike of conflict to keep the inspection proceses going...

Process isn't the answer,
The Disarming of Iraq is.

You people are blind.

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2003, 03:11:55 AM »
Including the US, North Korea, Israel and any other country that possesses nuclear or biological weapons.

^^ yes, that would be best.

ITW [the irish boy]

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2003, 05:35:14 AM »
Process isn't the answer?

Engel, you may never have been in a conflict so I'll give you the example of where I live to show you that process IS the answer.

In 1916 in Ireland, the brits held power. They excecuted the leaders of the rebellion without any due process, they just thought "get them off the streets and the people will realise we are the sophisticated society they should model themselves on". What happened? Utter mayhem. The war of independence broke out, followed by a civil war with brother fighting brother and families torn apart. Thousands of brits were killed, even more irish were killed. This was the result of trying to disarm, or take out of power the ringleaders. Public support at the time wasnt great for those leaders, had they been put in jail, very little would have been said. The fact that no PROCESS was followed resulted in mayhem.
Now take today in Northern Ireland. Both sides have weapons and the main issue is decommisioning, or disarmement of the IRA. Now this is a major stumbling block and the govts have two choiches. 1. Follow a diplomatic approach and gradually decommision the weapons, or 2. Give them a deadline, whereby if weapons are not disarmed then the police will arrest all the members etc. Number 2 was tryed a few years ago, and resulted in seizefires being broken, innocents dying and more guns being imported. We're back to following 1 again, and for the moment at least we have peace, no bombs and very few shootings. We all want disarmement but if it takes many years to do so we'll be happy, as long as there is peace. The peace PROCESS saves lives.
These are people we are talking about engel.
No matter what the result you will still be safe at home in america
However for the kids in Iraq, living under UN sanctions and the tyranny of saddam, PROCESS could mean deisarming iraq, could mean a lifting of some of the sanctions, and could mean a better standard of living.
Direct action could mean disarming iraq, could mean losing your family in a bombing raid, could mean emotional trauma for the rest of there lives. I think, and from talking to Iraqis who escaped Saddam and are living here,they think, thatPROCESS is the ONLY answer. You cant play god with these people engel. God is not an american. And war is not a game.
THINK ABOUT THINKING
BEFORE THEY KNOW NOTHING
DID THEY KNOW SOMETHING
LETS THINK