Author Topic: Dogg Bag E.P. **REMASTERED**  (Read 9330 times)

Efrain

Dogg Bag E.P. **REMASTERED**
« on: July 28, 2012, 12:09:35 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay on this. I was conflicted because initially I only tinkered with Let's Play House, which came out sounding perfect -- better than I could have imagined, and Me in Your World OG --which also came out sounding dramatically better --- but short of those two, other songs on this album that needed work are just plain fucked up. Life I lead is dope but the mixing is so fucked up nothing could make it sound better, same thing with Homie (which is on this EP, and does sound much improved). So I was trying to figure out the best way to do this.

What I decided on was an EP'ish type deal, with a couple of non-album tracks to round it out. Here the track list:

01-tha_dogg_pound-i_rock_mics
02-tha_dogg_pound-like_dis_
03-tha_dogg_pound-lets_play_house_(original)
04-tha_dogg_pound-this_life_i_lead_(original)
05-tha_dogg_pound-me_in_your_world_(original)
06-tha_dogg_pound-farewell_to_my_enemies
07-tha_dogg_pound-save_a_life
08-tha_dogg_pound-big_pimpin_(clean_version)
09-tha_dogg_pound-u_aint_the_homie
10-tha_dogg_pound-just_watchin
11-tha_dogg_pound-ny_87
12-tha_dogg_pound-started

All songs from the retail were taken from a FLAC rip and converted down to mp3 320kbps. Unreleased songs are sourced from WAV, as is “Started”. The only song ripped from mp3 to WAV then back down to mp3 was “I roc Mics”.

As always only the highest quality in-the-box equipment used here.

“I rock Mics” was dropped by WA back in 2009 as a part of their failed “From The Death Row Vault” ingratiation campaign. A cool song but sounded less like a Death Row release and more like finger nails running down a chalkboard – per usual for them – so this got a face life here and sounds much better.

“Like Dis” – aside from the bad mixing of Big Pimpin’s vocals this sounded pretty good as-is, a little bright but that was it. I did some minor EQ tweaking and analog compression for warmth and to tighten up the bass.

“Let’s Play House OG” – masterpiece. Perfectly balanced retail quality. Listen to it in a car or on a real stereo. Compare it with the "retail", huge difference.

“Life I lead OG” – 2pac and DPG version. Leaked about a year ago on one of those Johnny J and 2pac things in WAV CDQ demo. I polished it up a bit for this.

“Me in Your World OG” – again, sounded like nails on chalkboard on the retail = completely unlistenable for me. Lots of EQ work, no less than 4 high-end eq’s here. I didn’t use a limiter so the low-end is pretty intense; I liked it so I kept it that way.

“Farewell to my enemies” – retail. Sounded fine, didn’t do anything to it.

“Save a life” – retail. Sounded fine, didn’t do anything to it.

“Big Pimpin (Clean Version)” – Retail, but love the clean version. Alt lyrics, CDQ.

“U aint the Homie” – pain in the ass. The retail sounds horrible, this sounds (comparatively) better. BTW no idea why the demo of this song was on their album, we had the finished mixed version back in 2001. I have a rip on my PC.

“Just Watchin” – another unreleased song that leaked in cd quality not long ago. Polished up a bit here.

“NY 87” – The retail version of this sounded great, actually. Little bright on the high hat so parametric EQ, that’s it here.

“Started” – From Last of the Pound. A great track that also had EQ issues that needed to be corrected. Version here sounds perfect.

Below is a link to the Remastered “Let’s Play House OG” and “Me in Your World OG”. Check them out

Let’s Play House OG Remastered
http://www.mediafire.com/?p487n5gtdgh7ge8

Me In Your World OG Remastered
http://www.mediafire.com/?w8l9j9apvfuw5u1

Leave a reply in this thread and I’ll PM you a link to the album. Also, If you feel so compelled, please feel free to state your displeasure with WideAwake, their products, their quality; the absurdity that people actually look forward more to the “remasters” of their albums then their actual retail releases, etc.

I will be forwarding this to them.

Thanks!

Enjoy 

The following users thanked this post: Marco

OG Snoopaveli

Re: Dogg Bag E.P. **REMASTERED**
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 12:12:44 PM »
God damn!! i was waiting on this.

thx Efrain +1
« Last Edit: July 28, 2012, 12:17:30 PM by OG Snoopaveli »

scratch42069

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2012, 12:17:00 PM »
Good work on Let's Play House. It does indeed sound perfect now.

Westcoast Pig

• 'G'
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2012, 12:25:48 PM »
can i see please?

RoscoeOutlaw

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »
lets play house sounds really clear now. thanx. can i get a pm please?

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 12:37:48 PM »
let me see your magic effrain?

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2012, 12:38:08 PM »
yeah U Aint the homie was incomplete on doggy bag

missing a sample and shit

U.N.T.O.U.C.H.A.B.L.E.

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2012, 12:43:31 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the delay on this. I was conflicted because initially I only tinkered with Let's Play House, which came out sounding perfect -- better than I could have imagined, and Me in Your World OG --which also came out sounding dramatically better --- but short of those two, other songs on this album that needed work are just plain fucked up. Life I lead is dope but the mixing is so fucked up nothing could make it sound better, same thing with Homie (which is on this EP, and does sound much improved). So I was trying to figure out the best way to do this.

What I decided on was an EP'ish type deal, with a couple of non-album tracks to round it out. Here the track list:

01-tha_dogg_pound-i_rock_mics
02-tha_dogg_pound-like_dis_
03-tha_dogg_pound-lets_play_house_(original)
04-tha_dogg_pound-this_life_i_lead_(original)
05-tha_dogg_pound-me_in_your_world_(original)
06-tha_dogg_pound-farewell_to_my_enemies
07-tha_dogg_pound-save_a_life
08-tha_dogg_pound-big_pimpin_(clean_version)
09-tha_dogg_pound-u_aint_the_homie
10-tha_dogg_pound-just_watchin
11-tha_dogg_pound-ny_87
12-tha_dogg_pound-started

All songs from the retail were taken from a FLAC rip and converted down to mp3 320kbps. Unreleased songs are sourced from WAV, as is “Started”. The only song ripped from mp3 to WAV then back down to mp3 was “I roc Mics”.

As always only the highest quality in-the-box equipment used here.

“I rock Mics” was dropped by WA back in 2009 as a part of their failed “From The Death Row Vault” ingratiation campaign. A cool song but sounded less like a Death Row release and more like finger nails running down a chalkboard – per usual for them – so this got a face life here and sounds much better.

“Like Dis” – aside from the bad mixing of Big Pimpin’s vocals this sounded pretty good as-is, a little bright but that was it. I did some minor EQ tweaking and analog compression for warmth and to tighten up the bass.

“Let’s Play House OG” – masterpiece. Perfectly balanced retail quality. Listen to it in a car or on a real stereo. Compare it with the "retail", huge difference.

“Life I lead OG” – 2pac and DPG version. Leaked about a year ago on one of those Johnny J and 2pac things in WAV CDQ demo. I polished it up a bit for this.

“Me in Your World OG” – again, sounded like nails on chalkboard on the retail = completely unlistenable for me. Lots of EQ work, no less than 4 high-end eq’s here. I didn’t use a limiter so the low-end is pretty intense; I liked it so I kept it that way.

“Farewell to my enemies” – retail. Sounded fine, didn’t do anything to it.

“Save a life” – retail. Sounded fine, didn’t do anything to it.

“Big Pimpin (Clean Version)” – Retail, but love the clean version. Alt lyrics, CDQ.

“U aint the Homie” – pain in the ass. The retail sounds horrible, this sounds (comparatively) better. BTW no idea why the demo of this song was on their album, we had the finished mixed version back in 2001. I have a rip on my PC.

“Just Watchin” – another unreleased song that leaked in cd quality not long ago. Polished up a bit here.

“NY 87” – The retail version of this sounded great, actually. Little bright on the high hat so parametric EQ, that’s it here.

“Started” – From Last of the Pound. A great track that also had EQ issues that needed to be corrected. Version here sounds perfect.

Below is a link to the Remastered “Let’s Play House OG” and “Me in Your World OG”. Check them out

Let’s Play House OG Remastered
http://www.mediafire.com/?p487n5gtdgh7ge8

Me In Your World OG Remastered
http://www.mediafire.com/?w8l9j9apvfuw5u1

Leave a reply in this thread and I’ll PM you a link to the album. Also, If you feel so compelled, please feel free to state your displeasure with WideAwake, their products, their quality; the absurdity that people actually look forward more to the “remasters” of their albums then their actual retail releases, etc.

I will be forwarding this to them.

Thanks!

Enjoy 

excellent work efrain, wideawake should look into your services  :D 

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2012, 12:44:09 PM »
efrain i been a fan of ur work u already know i need it

Sccit

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2012, 12:45:40 PM »
hook it up

Remedy360

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2012, 12:46:43 PM »

Hack Wilson - real

makavelisimon

• 'G'
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2012, 12:54:20 PM »
I still listen to your version of One 213 and it really sounds good.  One of your best.

head doctor OG sounded great too.  thx for those. 

i think i wll find this project interesting! 

bouli77

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2012, 12:58:31 PM »
Wow, now that's professional. Thank you Efrain. Lookin' forward to hearing your remasters  8)

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2012, 01:01:44 PM »
Damn thats Wuz up
The Day started with a shitty dre produced fitty Song
But will end Good
Thanxx