Author Topic: 1 in 5 Americans believe....  (Read 373 times)

rayallen0

1 in 5 Americans believe....
« on: July 30, 2012, 02:41:29 AM »
Obama is Muslim, the sun orbits the earth and other things 1 in 5 Americans believe

With all the challenges we face today, somehow the big news this week has been that one out of every five Americans thinks President Obama is a secret Muslim. Apparently, quoting Scripture and attending church for decades just can't compete with having Hussein as your middle name and semi-supporting the so-called "Ground Zero mosque" on constitutional grounds.

I've already explained why this poll result is both ridiculous and irrelevant over at my Belief Beat blog, but I suspect that logic and reason aren't much help here. So, to give this some much-needed context and a bit of levity, here are some more things that a quick Google search reveals about one in five Americans:

•Is excessively sleepy
•Speaks a foreign language at home
•Pees in swimming pools
•Smokes cigarettes
•Thinks that buying lottery tickets constitutes a sound retirement plan
•Lives below the poverty line
•Thinks aliens and witches walk among us
•Prefers a pet to a human on Valentine's Day
•Believes the sun revolves around the earth
•Was undecided about participating in the Census
•No longer uses a land line phone
•Enjoys birdwatching
•Has a disability
•Can't afford medical care
•Thinks the First Amendment gives us too much freedom
And, my personal favorite: one American in five still doesn't use the Internet. So, chances are there are more of you reading this post than there are Americans out there who genuinely believe that Obama is Muslim -- or something like that.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to get some more sleep before the mothership returns. Adios!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/nicole-neroulias/obama-is-muslim-alien-abd_b_688210.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

Hood Crawler

• 'G'
Re: 1 in 5 Americans believe....
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:24:59 AM »
And this is why Americans are idiots

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 05:20:05 PM »
And this is why Americans are idiots
Only 1 out of 5
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 09:51:18 PM »
there's no fucking way that many people believe in WITCHES.....and everyone that lasts through 5th grade knows the earth goes around the sun

but i buy most of the rest sadly

rayallen0

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2012, 10:09:04 PM »
Think it is mainly aliens and they added in witches, i mean their are entire religions and cults behind it so wouldnt suprise me. But aliens isnt really far fetched. Walking among us...kinda stretching it...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2012, 10:16:14 PM »
Think it is mainly aliens and they added in witches, i mean their are entire religions and cults behind it so wouldnt suprise me. But aliens isnt really far fetched. Walking among us...kinda stretching it...

of course "aliens" exist....when there are more stars in the solar system than sand in the Sahara desert I'd believe the odds of life on other planets is pretty damn good.  and hell we might have organic life in our own solar system (Mars, one of Jupiter's moons, Titan etc.)

witches?  lol it'd be really cool if they did exist but they don't

rayallen0

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2012, 10:18:48 PM »

of course "aliens" exist....when there are more stars in the solar system than sand in the Sahara desert I'd believe the odds of life on other planets is pretty damn good.  and hell we might have organic life in our own solar system (Mars, one of Jupiter's moons, Titan etc.)

witches?  lol it'd be really cool if they did exist but they don't

Of course, very close minded to think we are the only species in an infinite universe. I want the numbers on big foot next, only real motherfuckers go squatchin

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2012, 01:17:44 AM »
I mean, if you're telling me one of every five people believe or apply to just one of those things, that sounds about spot on.