Author Topic: Snoop Lion Reincarnated Press Conference  (Read 628 times)

LostSkanless

Re: Snoop Lion Reincarnated Press Conference
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 05:41:39 PM »
^^^Lol i feel ya on that one. but i think people have to also try to look at the big picture, if we want snoop to one day make some more classic g-funk music with dre again he has to stay relevant now. not sure if its true but if diplo is doing the majority of the production thats a smart move on snoops part. lets face it electro & dubstep are pretty much running the pop scene & diplo is one of the elite producers in those genres. lets put it like this mtv news reported snoop performed in france awhile back for 18,000 plus & couple of days later diplo dj for 50,000 at a music festival as the headliner.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 05:50:08 PM by djomarseedless »

dameons

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »
He became soft as fuck ...Never gonna be the same...Since rappers started getting their caps peeled , he put his tail between his legs and became a guy who flip flops year to year..

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 11:47:33 PM »
I feel like 90% of people on the DubCC know nothing about good music.  Like if its not trending this month, or 90s gangster rap. they aint down with it.  SMH :-[ :-\

But you did listen to the song he dropped? I don't know how someone who likes actual Reggae could dig this.

On point

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 12:13:21 AM »
well so far yall only heard 1 song (which was terrible), but its too early to say somethin. teh other track "For Me" is nice
dont think Snoop can pull off a good reggae-persona on a 12-cut LP or whatever, but it wont be anythin wrong wit the music itself,, just diffrent. Diplo has produced incredible stuff for the artist M.I.A. in the past,  so we'll see where this is goin.

If he wants to do something like this, and stay relevent  Snoop should dig deep in his pockets and get some shit going with Sean Paul n Rhianna.. And get some of their peoples writing it for him. .

producer Diplo is obviously a better option for a collabortive album (especially now), rather than Sean Paul or Rihanna (which isnt even a reggae-infused artist)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 12:25:25 AM by OG Michael Madsen »