Author Topic: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing  (Read 2832 times)

MUHFUKKA

Re: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 12:16:00 PM »
i wonder if hes gonna try to make a roots type album or a more dancehall type one. either way its gonna suck, snoop cant sing for shit

The blood gang embraces Tupac as a member even if YOU dont.

Technochronic1

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »
Smoking a lot of weed doesn´t make you a rasta , Snoop.

BIGWORM

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 01:56:09 PM »
Another one bites the dust! The scitzophrenic train has left the station.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 02:00:29 PM »
most likely anotehr bandwagon-thing for snoop

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 02:01:29 PM »
I give this 2 years... and then he'll be like, I'm doing a gangsta rap record again. I just think that Snoop needs to figure out what he wants to do as a 40 something year old man that he is, and still make music, but make grown folk music. We'll see. It beats making an album in which he's talking about high school though.

David Gutterman

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 02:04:52 PM »
Snoop Lion "La La La" Prod. by Major Lazer
!
i like it, cool stuff
sample from

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 02:05:33 PM »
one experimental album is alright, but  Daz & Kurupt needs to talk some sense into him if it continues

Will_B

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 02:10:45 PM »
I give this 2 years... and then he'll be like, I'm doing a gangsta rap record again. I just think that Snoop needs to figure out what he wants to do as a 40 something year old man that he is, and still make music, but make grown folk music. We'll see. It beats making an album in which he's talking about high school though.

Snoops clearly in love with music (perhaps more than hiphop these days) but he seems to have no ear for really good music other than the old Soul/Funk standards you see him jamming to on the tourbus with OG Daddy V and whoever.

Those tracks that he grew up on and made him are a million miles from the 'produced on laptops' shit u hear him on these days - anyone can produce that shit :-X

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 02:16:50 PM »
 reagae is good music (roots, dub or ragga/dancehall), thing is Snoop doesnt really know how to do it

Will_B

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 02:19:19 PM »
reagae is good music (roots, dub or ragga/dancehall), thing is Snoop doesnt really know how to do it

It's the fact he's using poducers like diplo instead of hooking up with artists like Jimmy Cliff

David Gutterman

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 02:36:13 PM »

It's the fact he's using poducers like diplo instead of hooking up with artists like Jimmy Cliff

whats wrong with Jimmy Cliff?

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 02:39:12 PM »
i dont think Jimmy Cliff  collaborate wit rappers

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, 02:39:55 PM »
motherfuck S-, mothafuck D, the only lion that I know is Apple Mountain lion.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]

Will_B

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2012, 02:40:37 PM »

whats wrong with Jimmy Cliff?

You misunderstand. I mean Snoops working with a white DJ instead of a Reggae legend like Jimmy Cliff

David Gutterman

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 02:47:55 PM »
You misunderstand. I mean Snoops working with a white DJ instead of a Reggae legend like Jimmy Cliff
[/quote]

okay cool