Author Topic: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing  (Read 2821 times)

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing
« on: July 31, 2012, 06:33:25 AM »
Snoop Lion has no plans to return to rapping or to change his name back to Snoop Dogg, as he revealed yesterday in a press conference promoting his latest project. As previously reported, the rap legend recently traveled to Jamaica and teamed with Diplo to record a full-length reggae album, Reincarnated. A documentary of the same name will premiere at this year’s Toronto Film Festival to coincide with the album’s release.

Snoop Dogg is going through some major changes in his music and personal life and the metamorphosis manifests itself in a new reggae album, Reincarnation.

Snoop spoke to a small group of journalists at Miss Lily’s, a popular Caribbean restaurant in New York and explained his new-found attitude.

“When I make records I like to come from the heart and records that means something, that’s gonna really change the world. And on this particular project, I had no planning on going to Jamaica, making a reggae record. The spirit called me. And, you know, anytime the spirit calls you, you gotta know that its serious.”

Snoop continued saying that the spirit he felt in Jamaica moved him in such a way that he evoked the late Bob Marley. “I’ve always said that I was Bob Marley reincarnated.” Incidentally, Rohan Marley was also in attendance, supporting Snoop’s new incarnation.

After speaking with his business manager, he decided to reach out to super producer Diplo and artist Major Lazer to begin crafting the album.

He said he had to establish some rules to the people that were working with him on the project.

“I basically let them know what I want. Its not that I want to become Snoop Dogg in a reggae track…I want to bury Snoop Dogg and become Snoop Lion.” The Long Beach representative said that after a spiritual meeting with a high priest his old name was discarded and replaced with “Lion.”

The rapper said that he’s “tired” of rap music and that he had seen the highest levels of achievement in the genre that make him famous.

“Rap is not a challenge to me. I had enough of that. It’s not appealing to me no more. I don’t have no challenges,” he insisted. “I’m ‘Uncle Snoop’ in rap. When you get to be an uncle, you need to find a new profession so you can start over and be fresh again. I want to be a kid again.”

Snoop said that his Hip-Hop life has also made it difficult for him to offer live shows that weren’t inundated with profanity, sex and violence.

“I’ve always wanted to perform for kids, my grand mother and people around the world that love me, can’t accept the music that I make. This reggae music is the music of love, happiness and struggle.”

Snoop made it clear that he wasn’t fully retiring from Hip-Hop, but that he felt a need to express his personal growth through the music.

“Now as a 40-year-old man, the artists call me Uncle Snoop, I gotta give ‘em something. I can’t keep taking them to a dead end street and dropping them off. I gotta teach ‘em how to fish, teach ‘em how to grow…”
Reincarnation was also produced with a DVD movie that documented the creation of Snoop Lion.
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
Re: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 06:36:34 AM »
Hopefully this flops so he snaps out of his delusions...
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 06:37:15 AM »
snoop is on one again here we go again! fuckin sucks this song is wack.

Cali_Heat

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 06:58:06 AM »
say bye to the old g funk days ,what; wrong with snoop his brain is full of smoke, this is not a good move , whats with tha dogg pound ,Warren g, Dre ?? would he ever Tracks with them? his Fans will hate this move

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 07:09:06 AM »
this just seems like a gimmick,  if snoop thinks this is going to increase his sales its not going to.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

Will_B

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 07:13:19 AM »
Snoop always puts some bull to the press before he drops and album, and then goes back on it

PLANT

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 07:15:35 AM »
he is serious about this album and they way there are talking about it...its no gimmick.. they are not making this to increase sales they are trying to put out good music.  I am looking forward to this project, as a fan of all types of music.  I would rather hear Snoop reincarnated than him make another (insert your average snoop album)

watch the press conference here

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 07:31:09 AM »
a desperate move. Just like his country songs. lol

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 08:31:28 AM »
as a fan of other genre of music, I think this is legit, not another move to make money, he even said it in the press conference, he is tired of rap, he has a wife and kids that look up to him so he cannot say or do the same thing over and over again, however he said that Dogg will always be around but for now he is trying something new, to create a new challenge,  and I saw the trailer, he guess he really got touched by the spirit and such, its bigger than West Coast rap.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 09:04:28 AM »
but ask yourself: Would he be tired of rap if he went platinum with every album and if he was still some sort of relevant? ^

The answer is no.

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 09:32:43 AM »
Good 4 Snoop.  I think he do half a 60/40 or 65/35 or 68/32 combination of Snoop DOGG and Snoop Lion for his next album.  

More Dogg but more REAL REGGAE INSTRUMENTALS/Guitar & Drums.  

I can't hate on Snoop, I say let the man do his thing.  Snoop has always delivered classic after classic, I'm sure they'll be a gem or two on this 1.  But that's IF he actually sticks to his idea(s)

*no Dance Hall tho.  None of Sean Paul shit lol*
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 09:35:59 AM by Hollywood Bilderberg Group™ »

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 09:43:43 AM »

“Rap is not a challenge to me. I had enough of that. It’s not appealing to me no more. I don’t have no challenges,” he insisted.

Make an album as great as Doggystyle: the one challenge Snoop could never beat

The_Ripper

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 10:08:59 AM »
and I saw the trailer, he guess he really got touched by the spirit and such.

he got touched by the local weed
If you get in a fight, and somebody yells “worldstar”. You better fight for your life.

Will_B

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 10:29:16 AM »

“Rap is not a challenge to me. I had enough of that. It’s not appealing to me no more. I don’t have no challenges,” he insisted.

Make an album as great as Doggystyle: the one challenge Snoop could never beat

Snoops surrounded by yes men. Someone should tell him 'raps not challenging him' because his shit is borderline garbage these days.

Maybe a break from rap is a good thing. Come back refreshed and focussed.

snopafly

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 12:10:09 PM »
This is not gonna help him. I hope this album gonna flop hard, and he get on the right path again and make a good rap album. he is shitting on his fans on this move and is pushing more fans away.  This is so sad realy .