Author Topic: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing  (Read 2830 times)

Will_B

Re: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 02:53:57 PM »
You misunderstand. I mean Snoops working with a white DJ instead of a Reggae legend like Jimmy Cliff

okay cool
[/quote]

Anyway Jimmy Smith was just an example. At least reach out to Barrington Levi for a start. Snoop and him must be cool still.

papa-smurf

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »
Snoop smoke 2 much of that shit.he smoked his fucking brains out.he done lost he fucking mind.I respect change & growth.the reggae is wack but i do wish him the best success.i just cant fuck with that reggae shit tho.

Will_B

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 02:57:53 PM »
Snoop smoke 2 much of that shit.he smoked his fucking brains out.he done lost he fucking mind.

Yeah Snoops in the same position as Kurupt and Eminem right now. Except Snoop was never as talented as either in their prime.

Don't do any more drugs uncle Snoopy

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 05:11:00 PM »
Snoop smoke 2 much of that shit.he smoked his fucking brains out.he done lost he fucking mind.

Yeah Snoops in the same position as Kurupt and Eminem right now. Except Snoop was never as talented as either in their prime.

snoop was dope as fuck from death row to the dogg house days after that it was curtains.
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 09:09:23 PM »
Hopefully this flops so he snaps out of his delusions...
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 10:09:35 PM »
I love Snoop, but this is all I can think of with this change. It is so fitting.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/j52dZFJ_wOc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/j52dZFJ_wOc?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

socal

• 'G'
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 11:14:19 PM »
This is a stupid move by snoop and I would think disrespectful to real Rastafarians who take the religion seriously. Snoops done smoked himself retarded to believe he Is reincarnated to bob marley a true legend of music and a martyr for his beliefs.I understand feeling bobs spirit his music along with others like pac deliver a concious real message.  Snoop lion or Simba the lion king be real about it and don't make a mockery of a dead legend or a religion because your 40 and confused with your life.
All you Suckas want to Diss the PACiFiC but you Buster Niggaz never get Specific!!

Will_B

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2012, 03:45:30 AM »

snoop was dope as fuck from death row to the dogg house days after that it was curtains.

Sad but true. Funny how a lot of his latter smashes were Radio tracks. Snoop stopped working with mainstream creative teams and he wonders why he's not getting air play now?

nad45

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2012, 04:29:11 AM »
It's a good thing that he makes a pause in HipHop, and he's beginning to change his subjects on his songs
So on the next album, maybe Dre will want to make it with a more serious and focused Snoop
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 04:31:02 AM by nad45 »

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2012, 05:32:35 AM »
I think its just time to move on for Snoopy... I mean, I put him in the same sphere as Nas, Jay-Z, and ...   hmm anyone left from that era, that big, on the West?  These guys still have it in them, to put out good music, but their fan bases are grown, just as they are.  Rap is a young man's game and its time for a change to be relevant.  We all know how cool rappin about blunts, cars, and bitches sounds from a 50 year old man  ???

Listening to the new Nas but dam, this shit isn't gonna sell millions, or be as big as it would've been 15 years ago.  Still quality though. 

As for Soop Lion, I'll give it a listen, I like reggae (don't follow it), and will withhold my judgments until the album drops and I can hear it as a piece of music, NOT hype. 

PhunkyDoob

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2012, 06:48:11 AM »
I think its just time to move on for Snoopy... I mean, I put him in the same sphere as Nas, Jay-Z, and ...   hmm anyone left from that era, that big, on the West?  These guys still have it in them, to put out good music, but their fan bases are grown, just as they are.  Rap is a young man's game and its time for a change to be relevant.  We all know how cool rappin about blunts, cars, and bitches sounds from a 50 year old man  ???

Listening to the new Nas but dam, this shit isn't gonna sell millions, or be as big as it would've been 15 years ago.  Still quality though.  

As for Soop Lion, I'll give it a listen, I like reggae (don't follow it), and will withhold my judgments until the album drops and I can hear it as a piece of music, NOT hype.  

Right, however the reason why artists like Nas, Jay-Z etc are and still will be relevant is because as their audience grew and they grew, so did their content. Nas is rapping about stuff that a so called grown man can relate to but like you said how cool can rappin' about blunts, cars and bitches at 40-50 sound? I get it if he's tired of it but my thing is if he really wanna challange himself why not try to make an album with more content instead? I think the problem with cats like Snoop is that he has become such a character now to a point where they would probably never accept that from him. His audience is huge yet his album sales aren't. One reason for that is because they like Snoop the persona/character more than Snoop the artists these days.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 06:51:32 AM by PhunkyDoob »

quiksta80

• 'G'
« Reply #41 on: August 01, 2012, 08:21:04 AM »
The sad thing is the beats don't sound too bad but he woulda been better off rapping over them and maybe have hooks with a reggae vibe

WalterOhDim

• 'G'
« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »
Right, however the reason why artists like Nas, Jay-Z etc are and still will be relevant is because as their audience grew and they grew, so did their content. Nas is rapping about stuff that a so called grown man can relate to but like you said how cool can rappin' about blunts, cars and bitches at 40-50 sound? I get it if he's tired of it but my thing is if he really wanna challange himself why not try to make an album with more content instead? I think the problem with cats like Snoop is that he has become such a character now to a point where they would probably never accept that from him. His audience is huge yet his album sales aren't. One reason for that is because they like Snoop the persona/character more than Snoop the artists these days.

Yea this is true.  I was listening to Nas' "Daughters" and that's definitely fitting for him, and he does a good job with the song which I think even youngins could understand.  Snoop is definitely a character, or as actors say, typecasted. 

BiggSadot

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2012, 11:14:30 AM »
This is a stupid move by snoop and I would think disrespectful to real Rastafarians who take the religion seriously. Snoops done smoked himself retarded to believe he Is reincarnated to bob marley a true legend of music and a martyr for his beliefs.I understand feeling bobs spirit his music along with others like pac deliver a concious real message.  Snoop lion or Simba the lion king be real about it and don't make a mockery of a dead legend or a religion because your 40 and confused with your life.

This
Sometimes I need reminders why I bother to rap
Then I think back to cats who only father is rap
I dead beats, but you niggas is Lou
Im Uncle Phil gotta give em somethin real
cause If I dont who will

J$crILLa

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • J$crilla -aka- JDolla$iGn -aka- $crillVille
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2012, 01:03:32 PM »
doubt it will be a permanant thing, but i will check out the new cd when it drops