Author Topic: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing  (Read 2829 times)

dnjp4life

Re: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 04:33:40 AM »
If Snoop wants to do this then that's cool, after all, he's been around long enough and established himself enough to be able to experiment musically with different styles.  But personally I'm not that interested in anything Snoop does nowadays.  I don't mind though because he's dropped enough decent material over the years for me to listen to and he remains in my personal top 5 rappers of all time.

Matty

« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 08:11:24 AM »
bombudd III ft. snoop lion ;D

MistaNova

« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 08:16:29 AM »
I think it's just another fad. Either way Snoop'll release 2 more wack albums and he'll go back to his "gangsta rap roots" and drop a decent album ala NLTD & BCT. I hope...

Undisputed

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 12:10:23 PM »
I hope his shit flops hard and he disappears.Your shit is boo boo snoop. only niggas checking for that hot ass garbage is the lames on dubcc still waiting on detox

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 12:32:31 PM »
Am I the only one not disappointed in this? Snoop's rapping has sucked lately. Maybe its a long shot, but a reggae album might improve the sound of his music. The beats should be better and there won't be any pop rap songs like the garbage that was Wet.

Will_B

« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2012, 12:36:48 PM »
there won't be any pop rap songs

Don't count on it.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2012, 12:47:31 PM »

Don't count on it.

If its a reggae album how could there be?

Will_B

« Reply #52 on: August 02, 2012, 12:55:34 PM »

Don't count on it.

There will be a single meant for Radio. The top 40 stations ain't gonna play a 'straight' Reggae record, it's gonna have to be commercial sounding (more like some kind of Jamaican flavoured R&B with Snoop trying to sing and talking shit over)

PLANT

« Reply #53 on: August 02, 2012, 01:04:44 PM »

Don't count on it.

There will be a single meant for Radio. The top 40 stations ain't gonna play a 'straight' Reggae record, it's gonna have to be commercial sounding (more like some kind of Jamaican flavoured R&B with Snoop trying to sing and talking shit over)
watch the video from the press conference they didnt make any radio songs or care to make any "hit" singles they had total creative control and made the album sound cohesive

Will_B

« Reply #54 on: August 02, 2012, 01:07:03 PM »

Don't count on it.

watch the video from the press conference they didnt make any radio songs or care to make any "hit" singles they had total creative control and made the album sound cohesive

Yeah ok will do.

Maybe this will be good...Snoops track record is shaky lately. I did really enjoy Doggumentary tho.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2012, 02:27:38 PM »

Don't count on it.

Jamaican flavored R&B sounds a hell of a lot better than the crappy rap singles he's had for his last couple albums.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #56 on: August 02, 2012, 04:53:46 PM »

Don't count on it.

more like some kind of Jamaican flavoured R&B with Snoop trying to sing and talking shit over)

Diplo  isnt a R&B-producer

PLANT

« Reply #57 on: August 02, 2012, 05:06:14 PM »

Don't count on it.

more like some kind of Jamaican flavoured R&B with Snoop trying to sing and talking shit over)

Diplo  isnt a R&B-producer
Diplo is the main reason I have faith in this project.  I think the music and production will be on point and the album will have a consistent sound to it. 

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #58 on: August 02, 2012, 05:18:11 PM »
yea Diplo is talented. i love the stuff he did for M.I.A. ("paper planes" is one of the greatest songs ive heard in recent years),so im not worried bout the music. the question is if Snoop can create a reggae-persona that can work well for a cohesive album wit 12 or 13 tracks.

PLANT

« Reply #59 on: August 02, 2012, 05:30:46 PM »
yea Diplo is talented. i love the stuff he did for M.I.A. ("paper planes" is one of the greatest songs ive heard in recent years),so im not worried bout the music. the question is if Snoop can create a reggae-persona that can work well for a cohesive album wit 12 or 13 tracks.
well it sounds like they had enough song writers in the studio while this album was recorded, and they asked diplo if he ever had to tell snoop what he was doing was wack, and he said snoop had good ideas for the most part...i have faith in this project, i dont think they would be making all this fuss over it if everyone wasnt totally behind it

diplo did seem kinda surprised they chose La La La as the lead single tho