Author Topic: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing  (Read 2896 times)

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
Re: Snoop Lion’s reggae career is a permanent thing
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2012, 11:02:54 PM »
nik + caps is just too much

i just cant

Sccit

« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2012, 05:24:58 AM »
nik + caps is just too much

i just cant

ITS ALL GOOD

Sccit

« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2012, 05:26:38 AM »
It's almost amazing how many people are laughing at snoop for this, I mean he still Smokes weed and all that shit regardless of this career change. But it's ironic because people always said he was gonna be a joke for this album or that album, or being caught wearing these strange ass hats, cloths, and working with popish artist, but the man has a spiritual enlightening moment and changes his name for a legitimate reason, and now people make him into a big joke.

Either way his new music still sounds like shit. Regardless if he does rap or not in the future we still got his old stuff to bump.  8)

I been his biggest fan and even iam laughing at this shit, Snoop cant sing bottom line, i had no problem with all his experimental stuff i liked the shit on the chuuch tapes and on his albums didnt even mind the country stuff but he's gone too far with a whole album and a name change.
 Hard to take the shit seriously too i mean didnt he go Muslim yet was smoking weed at the same time? And released his own brand of landy?

MUSLIMS CAN SMOKE...BUT FORGET THE TRANSFORMATION, IF THE MUSIC WAS GOOD, IT'D BE ONE THING. BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS, HE'S MAKING KNOCK-OFF REGGAE. IT'S NOT AUTHENTIC, AND FROM WHAT I HEARD, IT ISN'T EVEN BUMPABLE. BUT WHO KNOWS..MAYBE A COUPLE GOOD JOINTS WILL COME OF THIS. JUST AINT FEELIN IT, OVERALL.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2012, 07:39:14 AM »
^if you smoke weed your not a true Muslim hey..
 Anyway, yeah lets hope for Snoops sake the rest of the songs aren't so embarrassingly shit.

Sccit

« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2012, 08:41:46 AM »
 Anyway, yeah lets hope for Snoops sake the rest of the songs aren't so embarrassingly shit.

THATS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF BULLSHIT IVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE....WEED IS NOT FORBIDDEN IN THE QURAN. ALCOHOL, ON THE OTHER HAND, IS ANOTHER STORY.

« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2012, 08:55:55 AM »
Snoop Lion? HAHAHAHAHAHAH

2Pac is spinning in his urn right now.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2012, 09:36:06 AM »
I mean, it doesn't really matter if you think about it. It's not like him not making Hip Hop takes anything away from us. Outside of like four random songs off random CDs, he hasn't made anything worth listening to in over a decade.

It's just annoying because his Reggae is actually more annoying than jackhammers outside of your house for a 24 hour period.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #97 on: August 06, 2012, 09:48:16 AM »

THATS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF BULLSHIT IVE EVER HEARD IN MY LIFE....WEED IS NOT FORBIDDEN IN THE QURAN. ALCOHOL, ON THE OTHER HAND, IS ANOTHER STORY.

Well iam not an expert but i've been doing some research, its been quite interesting and insightful actually.
 I been reading at Islamic forums where this has been discussed and it seems that most Muslims see smoking weed as Haram.
 Found things like this;
The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Every intoxicant is prohibited.” Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)
 and opinions like;
"Drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, opium, etc are all unlawful (haram) due to the various harms connected with them"
Allah Ta’ala states in the Holy Qur’aan: -

O You who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork. Avoid (such abominations) that you may prosper. (5:90)

Allah Ta’ala has described intoxicants amongst other things as being appalling, despicable and hateful acts of Satan and he has commanded us to abstain from them, Allah thereafter states in the next verse: -

Satan’s plan is to sow hatred and enmity amongst you with intoxicants and gambling, and to hamper you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. Will you not give up? (5:91)

This Aayah tells us how it is a detestable act of Satan, because intoxicants apart from sowing the seeds of enmity also stop you from the sole purpose of having been sent to the world, namely the remembrance of Allah.

Bear in mind that when the term intoxicant is used it also encompasses narcotics, because they to among other things result in the loss of self-control.

Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Every intoxicant is khamr (wine) and every intoxicant is haraam (unlawful). Whosoever drinks wine in this world and dies whilst consumed in it and does not repent will not drink it in the next world. (Muslim)

Using intoxicants or things that damage your body is Haramm.
Using Marijuana is haramm.

Fundamentally, Islam requires you to have control over your senses and actions at all times; it's a requirement to remain accountable for all your actions.  Since weed imposes on the ability to control all your faculties with full control, it counts as haram.

ETC but then theres the other side of the argument;

since the 1100's the islamic world was known for hash. there are quotes, "china has opium, islam has hash, the west has women", made in the time of alexander dumas. (not his quote, but whoever said the quote used to go to the same type of cafe type place as him and drink hash coffee and write.)

here is what i dont see right with this response. they seem to have lumped all drugs in together, not taking into account man MAKES cocaine, ciggs, heroin, lsd, shrooms, meth and alcohol through a system or a process which eventually becomes beer, liqour, crack, etc.

but marijuana is literally picked from the earth hung to dry then injested. there is no middle man made process to make the qualities that it has.

All taken from Islamic forums. Anyway this is another subject.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #98 on: August 06, 2012, 10:43:12 AM »

Well iam not an expert but i've been doing some research, its been quite interesting and insightful actually.
 I been reading at Islamic forums where this has been discussed and it seems that most Muslims see smoking weed as Haram.
 Found things like this;
The Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “Every intoxicant is prohibited.” Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 4088)
 and opinions like;
"Drugs such as marijuana, cocaine, opium, etc are all unlawful (haram) due to the various harms connected with them"

O You who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones and (divination by) arrows are an abomination of Satan’s handiwork. Avoid (such abominations) that you may prosper. (5:90)

Allah Ta’ala has described intoxicants amongst other things as being appalling, despicable and hateful acts of Satan and he has commanded us to abstain from them, Allah thereafter states in the next verse: -

Satan’s plan is to sow hatred and enmity amongst you with intoxicants and gambling, and to hamper you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. Will you not give up? (5:91)

This Aayah tells us how it is a detestable act of Satan, because intoxicants apart from sowing the seeds of enmity also stop you from the sole purpose of having been sent to the world, namely the remembrance of Allah.

Bear in mind that when the term intoxicant is used it also encompasses narcotics, because they to among other things result in the loss of self-control.

Ibn Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) reported that the Messenger of Allah (Peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Every intoxicant is khamr (wine) and every intoxicant is haraam (unlawful). Whosoever drinks wine in this world and dies whilst consumed in it and does not repent will not drink it in the next world. (Muslim)

Fundamentally, Islam requires you to have control over your senses and actions at all times; it's a requirement to remain accountable for all your actions.  Since weed imposes on the ability to control all your faculties with full control, it counts as haram.

since the 1100's the islamic world was known for hash. there are quotes, "china has opium, islam has hash, the west has women", made in the time of alexander dumas. (not his quote, but whoever said the quote used to go to the same type of cafe type place as him and drink hash coffee and write.)

here is what i dont see right with this response. they seem to have lumped all drugs in together, not taking into account man MAKES cocaine, ciggs, heroin, lsd, shrooms, meth and alcohol through a system or a process which eventually becomes beer, liqour, crack, etc.

but marijuana is literally picked from the earth hung to dry then injested. there is no middle man made process to make the qualities that it has.

Napoleon from the Outlawz gave up weed and alcohol so i'd believe it

sdmaxx1

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2012, 05:35:06 AM »
snoop does this crap all the time first off he aint no fuckin singer! he cant sing no fuckin reggae who is going to take him seriously certainly not reggae fans. He needs to relize that everyone only loves him because of his gangsta shit his g funk music thats the only reason he is successful not because of the pop singles he puts out an now reggae shit its because of his history gangsta rap g funk shit those are his real fans so i expect this next album to fuckin flop it aint going to attract any of his core fan base. they dont wanna hear that bullshit if we wanted to listen to reggae then we would listen to real reggae artists lol

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #100 on: August 07, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
Snoop Lion has no plans to return to rapping or to change his name back to Snoop Dogg, as he revealed yesterday in a press conference promoting his latest project. As previously reported, the rap legend recently traveled to Jamaica and teamed with Diplo to record a full-length reggae album, Reincarnated. A documentary of the same name will premiere at this year’s Toronto Film Festival to coincide with the album’s release.

Snoop Dogg is going through some major changes in his music and personal life and the metamorphosis manifests itself in a new reggae album, Reincarnation.

Snoop spoke to a small group of journalists at Miss Lily’s, a popular Caribbean restaurant in New York and explained his new-found attitude.

“When I make records I like to come from the heart and records that means something, that’s gonna really change the world. And on this particular project, I had no planning on going to Jamaica, making a reggae record. The spirit called me. And, you know, anytime the spirit calls you, you gotta know that its serious.”

Snoop continued saying that the spirit he felt in Jamaica moved him in such a way that he evoked the late Bob Marley. “I’ve always said that I was Bob Marley reincarnated.” Incidentally, Rohan Marley was also in attendance, supporting Snoop’s new incarnation.

After speaking with his business manager, he decided to reach out to super producer Diplo and artist Major Lazer to begin crafting the album.

He said he had to establish some rules to the people that were working with him on the project.

“I basically let them know what I want. Its not that I want to become Snoop Dogg in a reggae track…I want to bury Snoop Dogg and become Snoop Lion.” The Long Beach representative said that after a spiritual meeting with a high priest his old name was discarded and replaced with “Lion.”

The rapper said that he’s “tired” of rap music and that he had seen the highest levels of achievement in the genre that make him famous.

“Rap is not a challenge to me. I had enough of that. It’s not appealing to me no more. I don’t have no challenges,” he insisted. “I’m ‘Uncle Snoop’ in rap. When you get to be an uncle, you need to find a new profession so you can start over and be fresh again. I want to be a kid again.”

Snoop said that his Hip-Hop life has also made it difficult for him to offer live shows that weren’t inundated with profanity, sex and violence.

“I’ve always wanted to perform for kids, my grand mother and people around the world that love me, can’t accept the music that I make. This reggae music is the music of love, happiness and struggle.”

Snoop made it clear that he wasn’t fully retiring from Hip-Hop, but that he felt a need to express his personal growth through the music.

“Now as a 40-year-old man, the artists call me Uncle Snoop, I gotta give ‘em something. I can’t keep taking them to a dead end street and dropping them off. I gotta teach ‘em how to fish, teach ‘em how to grow…”
Reincarnation was also produced with a DVD movie that documented the creation of Snoop Lion.

This is a beautiful transformation and I support it 100%.   

If you really get deep into it, Snoop even admitted before that he lost the determination to do gangsta rap after his trial ended in summer of 96.  That's why the Doggfather album came out so weak.  With the help of Dre and the Eastsidaz, Kokane and those homies, he was able to manage a little resergence from 99-2001, but he really needed something new.  And what could better than a transformation into Snoop Lion!  He's always had a good heart, and loved the ganja, so now some old school Rasta's really put him up on game to what it's all about, this is gonna be lovely!
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Sccit

« Reply #101 on: August 07, 2012, 08:48:04 AM »

Found things like this;
 and opinions like;

Fundamentally, Islam requires you to have control over your senses and actions at all times; it's a requirement to remain accountable for all your actions.  Since weed imposes on the ability to control all your faculties with full control, it counts as haram.

IT'S A MATTER OF OPINION. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHETHER U CONSIDER WEED AN INTOXICANT OR A MEDICINE, AND IF YOU KNOW YOUR SHIT, YOU KNOW IT'S THE LATTER.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:41:51 PM by NIKCC »

B.A.

« Reply #102 on: August 07, 2012, 11:28:52 AM »
I hope it's a permanent thing and that Snoop is for real about it and it's not just another gimmick. I haven't been feeling Snoop's music for a long time now; starting with "Paid The Cost To Be The Boss", in my opinion, every album has gotten worse. So if Snoop is serious about getting into Reggae and is planning to give it his all then that's cool. If the music is good, I can support that but he better not come back next year talking about "I'm going to drop Doggystyle 2, it's gonna be the hardest shit ever!" and then drop another weak, fake-ass gangsta rap album. Snoop's been lacking consistency for years now and a lot of people have lost respect for him when it comes to rap music so if he can find a place in Reggae then I'm all for it, he just needs to put out some honest Reggae music and not gimmicky bullshit and then come back with his crip shit on a wack-ass rap/pop/r&b album because that's when people will say "fuck Snoop".

I guess I've just stop caring for Snoop's rap music, don't get me wrong, his old, classic, gangster shit is still some of my favorite music but he's already been there and done that and will never be as dope as he was back then so I think he's long over due for a change.
"Lyrics aint nothin' if the beat aint crackin' and knees be smackin', that's why the G's keep stackin'" - DJ Quik

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #103 on: August 07, 2012, 11:36:06 AM »

Found things like this;
 and opinions like;

IT'S A MATTER OF OPINION. IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHETHER U CONSIDER WEED AN INTOXICANT OR A MEDICINE, AND IF YOU KNOW YOU'RE SHIT, YOU KNOW IT'S THE LATTER.

EXACTLY  8) 8) 8)
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2012, 01:08:08 AM »
snoop does this crap all the time first off he aint no fuckin singer! he cant sing no fuckin reggae who is going to take him seriously certainly not reggae fans. He needs to relize that everyone only loves him because of his gangsta shit his g funk music thats the only reason he is successful not because of the pop singles he puts out an now reggae shit its because of his history gangsta rap g funk shit those are his real fans so i expect this next album to fuckin flop it aint going to attract any of his core fan base. they dont wanna hear that bullshit if we wanted to listen to reggae then we would listen to real reggae artists lol
Sums it up perfectly.

As far at the Muslim weed thing, well i thought they weren't allowed/supposed to smoke and judging from the islamic forums i looked at many Muslims say you should not but hey i dont give a fuck really lol.
 But yeah Egypt famous for hash and i see lil middle eastern shops in town where they smoke those big pipe things with all the hoses coming out with the scented tobacco so i guess they smoke.