Author Topic: XXL Presents Dr Dre & Kendrick Lamar "Dr Dre Brings Us Hip-Hop's Next Big Star"  (Read 2058 times)

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dr. dre has been smoking too much of that ish
"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Hack Wilson - real

doggfather

gonna buy it!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
gonna buy it!

& it's been a VERY long time since I bought a copy of XXL myself!

doggfather

gonna buy it!

& it's been a VERY long time since I bought a copy of XXL myself!

for me too.

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Triple OG Rapsodie

oh god!

dre did one or two tracks with kendrick and niggaz callin him his next new side kick SMH

He did a little more than that... he signed the WHOLE of TDE to the Math, a very special contract that leaves TDE with ALL the creative & artistic freedom, just to get Kendrick! Might be misguided, but I'd tend to think that it DOES mean something, like Dre has more than a little iterest in the guy, but then again, it's just me.

no your right about that but to already be saying this new guy who's been around for years is dre's new sidekick like he's new is kind of dumb. but then again to the mainstream he's brand fucking new lol

He's had interest in tons of artists, the problem has always been maintaining that interest.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Damn now this is a BIG look for K Dot, finally got that XXL cover, would of been dope if they did an alternative cover with the whole of Black Hippy as well. Should be a dope issue though, XXL >>>>> Source. Respect is a dope mag too.

Lol at not mentioning Game on that cover though, you know he's gotta be mad at that!

doggfather

Lol at not mentioning Game on that cover though, you know he's gotta be mad at that!

they mean big stars...  ;D

HELP

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

andre

Damn now this is a BIG look for K Dot, finally got that XXL cover, would of been dope if they did an alternative cover with the whole of Black Hippy as well. Should be a dope issue though, XXL >>>>> Source. Respect is a dope mag too.

Lollzzz at the Game

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
good for kendrick but he will never become a star.

final confirmation that his album is getting delayed or shelved.

checkmate

Interscope Intern

• Lil Geezy
  • Screw the politics.
Should of been Bishop Lamont on that cover with Dre. Ah well... good for K.Dot... he's highly talented and deserves his current spotlight. What many people don't know though, is that Kendrick is being promoted quickly out of desperation on Dre's part. Dre had invested a lot of his "Detox" plans into Bishop Lamont. Bishop was being groomed heavily behind the scenes to be Dre's next major sidekick... the way Snoop was for "The Chronic" and Eminem for "Chronic 2001." But Dre took way too long to get Bishop out there, and when Interscope pulled "Grow Up" from the radio as soon as it was becoming hot on the westcoast, Bishop got frustrated and left Aftermath... which really messed up Dre's plans for "Detox." Everything from Bishop's pride to Dre's lazyness to Iovines greedy ignorance fucked up what could've been an epic return of Aftermath (Dre-n-Bishop). No one will admit it, but Kendrick is Dre's "plan B." Which is a shame 'cause like I said, Kendrick is dope with a lot of potentiel. But if he does indeed come out, it will be a rushed product out of desperation for Dre to get some sort of motivation again and MAYBE drop "Detox" before he turns 50. Believe it or not, Dre still has no idea what direction to go with Detox. He started out recording hardcore, mature and dope cuts for Detox with a slightly new sound while keeping it fun when he signed Bishop (they recorded SOOOO much materiel together). When Bishop left, Dre went to recording pop/techno records with today's "celebrities" in hopes to gain publicity with today's youth. Now with K.dot signed, Dre's on the fence, but he's slowly getting back to some solid Hip Hop, but like I said... it's a "plan b." We'll see...

KC-HOODSTA

Should of been Bishop Lamont on that cover with Dre. Ah well... good for K.Dot... he's highly talented and deserves his current spotlight. What many people don't know though, is that Kendrick is being promoted quickly out of desperation on Dre's part. Dre had invested a lot of his "Detox" plans into Bishop Lamont. Bishop was being groomed heavily behind the scenes to be Dre's next major sidekick... the way Snoop was for "The Chronic" and Eminem for "Chronic 2001." But Dre took way too long to get Bishop out there, and when Interscope pulled "Grow Up" from the radio as soon as it was becoming hot on the westcoast, Bishop got frustrated and left Aftermath... which really messed up Dre's plans for "Detox." Everything from Bishop's pride to Dre's lazyness to Iovines greedy ignorance fucked up what could've been an epic return of Aftermath (Dre-n-Bishop). No one will admit it, but Kendrick is Dre's "plan B." Which is a shame 'cause like I said, Kendrick is dope with a lot of potentiel. But if he does indeed come out, it will be a rushed product out of desperation for Dre to get some sort of motivation again and MAYBE drop "Detox" before he turns 50. Believe it or not, Dre still has no idea what direction to go with Detox. He started out recording hardcore, mature and dope cuts for Detox with a slightly new sound while keeping it fun when he signed Bishop (they recorded SOOOO much materiel together). When Bishop left, Dre went to recording pop/techno records with today's "celebrities" in hopes to gain publicity with today's youth. Now with K.dot signed, Dre's on the fence, but he's slowly getting back to some solid Hip Hop, but like I said... it's a "plan b." We'll see...

^^^listen to this guy!

he's an Interscope Intern!

Cali_Heat

Yes i think so too, Dre released a new Artist to come back in the Spotlight again and waiting on the right moment to put out Detox, hopefuly with Kendrick! he is dope and a good new fresh breeze for a new Dr.Dre Album

Matty

Damizza's book paints the Bishop situation in a slightly different light if i remember. He was saying that there was barely anything completed for Detox at the time and Dre was paranoid about the 'Grow Up' record not being all that. Bascially big plans but hardly any completed music to back it up.

The thing linking Kendrick to the lineage of Dre 'proteges' should be worrying for him. The more Dre becomes involved and attached to the project, well...you know the rest. That release date looks dubious to say the least and hasn't 50 Cent got an album out in November too? Hmmmm....not that they haven't had enough time to perfect this thing already, but it seems like now they've decided to go all in, it's a little late to get things 'perfected' to Dre standard this year.

So there might be minimal support if his TDE label (and rightly so) want to get it out soon while he still has great momentum. Like you were mentioning, it could end up being a bit rushed in one way or another. Jimmy Iovine will also require young Kendrick to hit the gym hard if they're gonna spend big marketing bucks :laugh:

So recent history says the odds heavily favour Interscope/Dre fucking it all up in some way. But it will be interesting to see how this one turns out. Anyone for another Eminem album?

KC-HOODSTA

Damizza's book paints the Bishop situation in a slightly different light if i remember. He was saying that there was barely anything completed for Detox at the time and Dre was paranoid about the 'Grow Up' record not being all that. Bascially big plans but hardly any completed music to back it up.

The thing linking Kendrick to the lineage of Dre 'proteges' should be worrying for him. The more Dre becomes involved and attached to the project, well...you know the rest. That release date looks dubious to say the least and hasn't 50 Cent got an album out in November too? Hmmmm....not that they haven't had enough time to perfect this thing already, but it seems like now they've decided to go all in, it's a little late to get things 'perfected' to Dre standard this year.

So there might be minimal support if his TDE label (and rightly so) want to get it out soon while he still has great momentum. Like you were mentioning, it could end up being a bit rushed in one way or another. Jimmy Iovine will also require young Kendrick to hit the gym hard if they're gonna spend big marketing bucks :laugh:

So recent history says the odds heavily favour Interscope/Dre fucking it all up in some way. But it will be interesting to see how this one turns out. Anyone for another Eminem album?

EXACTLY what im feeling about this situation. but immmmm sure kendrick is a bit more professional than bishop lamont.