Author Topic: XXL Presents Dr Dre & Kendrick Lamar "Dr Dre Brings Us Hip-Hop's Next Big Star"  (Read 2056 times)

KC-HOODSTA

Lol at thinking Kendrick aint gonna blow up. His buzz is 10x what J Cole's was and Cole went Gold and had a couple hit singles. Kendrick is the next big thing, I'd bet on it if I could.

I've seen cats in Sydney rocking t-shirts with Kendrick's face on them, I'm in Japan right now and in Tower Recrods they had a bunch of bootleg Kendrick albums in store. Duke is in demand, plus he can craft a good song and can spit his ass off.
he won't become a star, you can quote me on that.

the recipe came and went

the recipe gets radio play here in KANSAS CITY MISSOURI!

so he's not doing bad if he's being played in a lesser known city that doesnt hold much power.

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dude is ASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kid SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like a nerd faggot raps like a nerd faggot...

the future of rap!!!!!!!!!!!

RAP SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big gay robot dr.dre is gonna have that boy turning to drugs and jesus before he drops his album!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the PUNISHER!!!!!!!!

you gotta fuck gay dre to get down with interscope.... ask jimmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kendrick lamar has 0 bangers and he has one of the gayest voices in the history of rap....

dr. dres blowup doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn! How much hate, disdain & scorn can one throw at another?
 :catfight: :catfight:
Never mind dude states "rap sucks"? Why even bother about a rap post, in a rap thread, in a rap forum, from a rap site? Much less register to said rap forum?
"People are strange" aren't they?

But at THAT point, THAT level, spewing disparaging assertions, can't be random no more, sounds fucken PERSONAL!
As if there's som sort of history behind it all?

Westcoast Pig

• 'G'
yes he does hate but u do the exact opposite and act like a big groupie and love them and defend them^

Cordozzar Drakko

• Muthafuckin' Don!
yes he does hate but u do the exact opposite and act like a big groupie and love them and defend them^

if that's the way you see it? ain't no major deal, I think I'll manage (somehow) to get over it, though I do wonder what comments make me a "big groupie"?

love them? let's rather say I DO like them, yes.
defend them? simply stating my opinion (I dare add backed by actual facts, like sold out venues all over the US: that's a fact, like it or not, makes no difference, sold out is sold out right?) & yes I DO believe Kendrick & Black Hippy & TDE are gonna go big, even without Dre, but even more so with his backing.

I might be wrong, dunno, only way to tell is just to wait a couple months to see what happens: if that "Good Kid" album happens or not & how well (or not) it does commercially.

I'm confident enough to give everyone a "let's see what's what & who's right" by October & check it out!

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Should of been Bishop Lamont on that cover with Dre. Ah well... good for K.Dot... he's highly talented and deserves his current spotlight. What many people don't know though, is that Kendrick is being promoted quickly out of desperation on Dre's part. Dre had invested a lot of his "Detox" plans into Bishop Lamont. Bishop was being groomed heavily behind the scenes to be Dre's next major sidekick... the way Snoop was for "The Chronic" and Eminem for "Chronic 2001." But Dre took way too long to get Bishop out there, and when Interscope pulled "Grow Up" from the radio as soon as it was becoming hot on the westcoast, Bishop got frustrated and left Aftermath... which really messed up Dre's plans for "Detox." Everything from Bishop's pride to Dre's lazyness to Iovines greedy ignorance fucked up what could've been an epic return of Aftermath (Dre-n-Bishop). No one will admit it, but Kendrick is Dre's "plan B." Which is a shame 'cause like I said, Kendrick is dope with a lot of potentiel. But if he does indeed come out, it will be a rushed product out of desperation for Dre to get some sort of motivation again and MAYBE drop "Detox" before he turns 50. Believe it or not, Dre still has no idea what direction to go with Detox. He started out recording hardcore, mature and dope cuts for Detox with a slightly new sound while keeping it fun when he signed Bishop (they recorded SOOOO much materiel together). When Bishop left, Dre went to recording pop/techno records with today's "celebrities" in hopes to gain publicity with today's youth. Now with K.dot signed, Dre's on the fence, but he's slowly getting back to some solid Hip Hop, but like I said... it's a "plan b." We'll see...

Eh I don't really see value in promoting Bishop anymore. Just another so so Cali rapper. I know not everyone here likes Lamar but at least he brings something different than most guys to the table. He has a better chance to at least catch on at some level than Bishop.
since when is bishop a gangsta rapper?

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
bishop and kendrick.   both of 'em is wack.

"If you see me on a solo move believe that I'm strapped"  - dr. dre

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

KC-HOODSTA

it's good we have kendrick lamar haters! i didnt see many bishop lamont hater and well where is he now?

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I dont hate on the dude,

i just don't appreciate his artistic talents.

"as he wondered what popped before he got popped, I told you this is dre and you know it dont stop"
"don't choke,  if you do,  you  have no clue, of what me and my homeboy Snoop dogg came to do"

Hack Wilson - real

I dont hate on the dude,

i just don't appreciate his artistic talents.

you hate on EVERY rapper in every thread based on said rapper

you are a clown son

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!

you hate on EVERY rapper in every thread based on said rapper

you are a clown son

no, you are wrong, there are rappers that i appreciate. I like that dude k-young, allyawan, that kid era.....list goes on.

MR_JV

I hope kendrick makes it. He's real talented and comes across as a honest and humble dude. Unlike most rappers!

Smackdog

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I hope kendrick makes it. He's real talented and comes across as a honest and humble dude. Unlike most rappers!

what do you mean by makes it?  if he is selling out shows then he has already made it as a successful entertainer.