Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13882 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2012, 02:23:08 PM »
T-Minus is actually a fly producer, have no idea why they picked these 2 beats though.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Snippets out!)
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2012, 03:14:27 PM »
Most of the beats sound very  generic  ... that's the best overall production they could come up with ? The label did really fuck this album up

yeah Eminem had the chance to get them beats from Premo and Dre and failed.  we know a Dre song with SH on it exists too because Crooked said so like half a year ago.

and how could they NOT get a Premo beat?  Royce's album in 2010 had like 6 fucking PRemo beats.  god damn Royce had to hog them all...lol

and Crooked had some HOT beats on his Psalm album that probably could have been Slaughter beats.  Imagine that "3 the hard way" with the other 3 guys in SH rapping on it  8)    or "fuck you pay me" with twista as the guest and SH rapping.  that shit would be fire.

oh well I guess we gotta take what they gave.....

They had a Premo beat. It did not make the final cut for the album.

Matty

Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Snippets out!)
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2012, 04:31:34 PM »
Most of the beats sound very  generic  ... that's the best overall production they could come up with ? The label did really fuck this album up

yeah Eminem had the chance to get them beats from Premo and Dre and failed.  we know a Dre song with SH on it exists too because Crooked said so like half a year ago.

and how could they NOT get a Premo beat?  Royce's album in 2010 had like 6 fucking PRemo beats.  god damn Royce had to hog them all...lol

and Crooked had some HOT beats on his Psalm album that probably could have been Slaughter beats.  Imagine that "3 the hard way" with the other 3 guys in SH rapping on it  8)    or "fuck you pay me" with twista as the guest and SH rapping.  that shit would be fire.

oh well I guess we gotta take what they gave.....

They had a Premo beat. It did not make the final cut for the album.

to be fair a premo beat wouldn't of fitted in that well on an album full of pop beats.

just bumped it and gotta say it's weak. the rapping is obviously going to be of a quality but the direction of the production is way, way too poppy. maybe even moreso than eminem's recovery LP. i dunno wtf they were thinking with this, but it doesn't work for me. it's like a pop album with rapping. i expected there to be some mainstream production but this is really off the deep end.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2012, 09:26:32 PM »
There's some dope songs on here. But its not a good album. There's some horrible tracks on here. Their debut was a solid album and this is a significant step down. Hard to take this group as a serious threat anymore.

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2012, 11:59:39 PM »
 Well i ordered my copy of the deluxe edition today, will pick it up Tuesday. iam looking forward to hearing it and judging it for myself. Gonna give the mix tape a listen tonight.

Matty

« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2012, 12:05:43 AM »
Well i ordered my copy of the deluxe edition today, will pick it up Tuesday. iam looking forward to hearing it and judging it for myself. Gonna give the mix tape a listen tonight.

the mixtape has a more hip hop vibe as opposed to the album which is mainly pop. a shame it's not mixed because you can barely hear the beats properly with the loud vocals. limits its playability.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2012, 02:02:51 AM »

the mixtape has a more hip hop vibe as opposed to the album which is mainly pop. a shame it's not mixed because you can barely hear the beats properly with the loud vocals. limits its playability.

did you expect mixtape to be more pop than an album then?

FUCK-YOU-BItch

« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2012, 02:05:42 AM »
THIS ALBUM SUCKS, FUCK THIS GROUP AND THIS ALBUM!!!

Your fam needs a childlock on their PC

Ferhat's parents ignore him even more than Brian ignores his kid

eat a fat dick punk ass...

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2012, 02:17:07 AM »
THIS ALBUM SUCKS, FUCK THIS GROUP AND THIS ALBUM!!!

Your fam needs a childlock on their PC

Ferhat's parents ignore him even more than Brian ignores his kid

eat a fat dick punk ass...

so Ferhat, are you mad at Effex for banning you?

Remedy360

« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2012, 02:44:29 AM »
Disappointed to hear so much negative feedback for the album. I'll check it based on the fact that I'm fans of all the artists as solo guys but I'm not expecting much.

doggfather

« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2012, 02:49:18 AM »
Well i ordered my copy of the deluxe edition today,

gonna buy too!
https://twitter.com/dggfthr

HELP

I'm an ol' school collecta from the 90's SO F.CK DIGITAL, RELEASE A CD!

RIP GANXSTA RIDD
RIP GODFATHER
RIP MONSTA O
RIP NATE DOGG
RIP BAD AZZ

Matty

« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2012, 04:01:56 AM »

nope, but i didn't expect the album to be so strongly pop sounding. i mean the mixtape isn't that street or anything, but a pretty strong contrast to the LP...

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2012, 04:43:22 AM »
album is poor if you ask me, sounds more like an eminem album than a slaughterhouse album

Matty

« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2012, 05:02:12 AM »
album is poor if you ask me, sounds more like an eminem album than a slaughterhouse album

definitely more recovery (emo-pop) than relapse (horrorcore/comic). i could imagine SH ripping a lot of the beats on relapse and making much better tracks than eminem.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2012, 05:33:53 AM »

nope, but i didn't expect the album to be so strongly pop sounding. i mean the mixtape isn't that street or anything, but a pretty strong contrast to the LP...

not to necessarily disagree with you since i myself dont think this is the way they should approach their album, but i guess they just wanted to use interscope resources, cause i doubt they would be able to get alex da kid or skylar grey in the studio or to get boi-1da, No I.D., Hit-Boy, T-Minus beats