Author Topic: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)  (Read 13889 times)

Eddz

Re: Slaughterhouse - "Welcome To: Our House" (Discussion Thread)
« Reply #135 on: August 24, 2012, 07:14:35 PM »
I wonder how an "ideal sounding" Slaughterhouse album would sound to some of you lmao.

I'd guess it'd sound like "Microphone". Gonna listen to the album tonight, surprised Buddens ain't on the opener, Em came weak on that shit as well, didn't mind the hook though.

I was very surprised Budden wasn't on the first track. They could of taken Eminem's little singing part off to fit him on. He should of been on Asylum too.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #136 on: August 24, 2012, 07:33:31 PM »
I wonder how an "ideal sounding" Slaughterhouse album would sound to some of you lmao.

I'd guess it'd sound like "Microphone". Gonna listen to the album tonight, surprised Buddens ain't on the opener, Em came weak on that shit as well, didn't mind the hook though.

I was very surprised Budden wasn't on the first track. They could of taken Eminem's little singing part off to fit him on. He should of been on Asylum too.

yeah Asylum was a perfect song for Budden to be on...Royce coulda been left off that

and the intro song had a HORRIBLE hook but the beat and raps are nice

i still say Coffin is the best song from this CD, but just like my favorite track on the last cd (Salute) the raps are too short! 

Invincible

« Reply #137 on: August 24, 2012, 07:46:53 PM »

Them rapping over beats of Primo, Khalil, Alchemist, Nottz, Jake One and M-Phazes. That would be ideal for me.

The Watcher

« Reply #138 on: August 24, 2012, 09:11:43 PM »

Them rapping over beats of Primo, Khalil, Alchemist, Nottz, Jake One and M-Phazes. That would be ideal for me.
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

MoodMuzik

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #139 on: August 24, 2012, 10:02:35 PM »

but you guys will still find something wrong with it anyways

Will_B

« Reply #140 on: August 25, 2012, 01:58:12 AM »
I listened to it last night.

It's marginally better than the Mixtape. A bit forced, a bit dumb...unambitious, quality shifts about. There are a couple really nice tracks then no so. But overall the Mixtape had more stuff I liked on it.

It's one of those album that if it was an underground effort you could give it a pass, but from where it's come from and the names involved its kind of an expected disappointment.

6.5/10

jeanmiche777

« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2012, 10:59:45 AM »
Probably one of the worst album in recent years, based on what they can do. Man, that single Hammerdance was DOPE wish they had songs like that on their album but mannnnn it really really sucks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2012, 11:19:30 AM »

Yeah, lol. Then it "wouldn't have any substance or variety".

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2012, 11:27:53 AM »
Probably one of the worst album in recent years, based on what they can do. Man, that single Hammerdance was DOPE wish they had songs like that on their album but mannnnn it really really sucks
LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2012, 12:09:03 PM »

or "damn, whats the point of being on the major if they cant get major producers" or "they cant make and album to save their lifes, this one sounds like a mixtape again"

Will_B

« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »

or "damn, whats the point of being on the major if they cant get major producers" or "they cant make and album to save their lifes, this one sounds like a mixtape again"

This^^

Snoop, Eminem, Aftermath keeping production in house and getting nowhere.

Nas and Rock Ross put out 2 dope albums this year chock full of hot beats. Even Busta Rhymes' free album was as good as WTOH, and that was more like a mix tape

Matty

« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »

you asked what people would prefer, someone told you, then you say they wouldn't like it anyway. maybe give people's opinions a little more respect...they may genuinely not like the album because of the direction it took. perhaps it has nothing to do with being impossible to please. maybe the same people don't enjoy albums like recovery or a lot of the rap crossover stuff these days. people listen for different things in different genres...

likewise i see a few of the posters in this thread construing criticism as a vendetta against SH. again, i think it's got a lot more to do with the sound of the album. it's reasonable that a group like SH in particular is going to get flak for going in this direction.

Gamestarr

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • P
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2012, 01:11:12 PM »
Nobody who was a SH fan before My Life would complain if the album sounded like Life Is Good or if Khalil, Premo etc. produced it.

__

They all sound the most comfortable on Hammer Dance. Beat and their flows really fit each other.

They sound uncomfortable on most other tracks. It just sounds way too forced.

Darkwing Duck (The Reincarnation)

« Reply #148 on: August 25, 2012, 01:14:35 PM »
it has been downloaded.
i cant listen to this right now tho. too much rap too many bars, i have to be in the right mood

Black Excellence

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Niggaz Hatin' On Me But They Bitch Ain't
« Reply #149 on: August 25, 2012, 01:47:26 PM »
it has been downloaded.
i cant listen to this right now tho. too much rap too many bars, i have to be in the right mood

LOL
"Summa y'all #mediocres more worried bout my goings on than u is about ya own.... But that ain't none of my business so.....I'll just #SipTeaForKermit #ifitaintaboutdamoney #2sugarspleaseFollow," - T.I.